Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cherie2323

Post by Cherie2323 » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 9:18 am

Aiyaya wrote:@ Cherie2323

Hey! Don't cry~~ If they KIV you, means they will call you back for review :) Normally, it will be till next recruitment. Remember to check your email for their notification.

If they wanna fail you, they would have just "kicked" you out on the spot~ Don't be discourage~ Meanwhile, take good care of yourself and prepare to show up in your best form during the review! Good luck!

Hi thanks for your encouragement ! Yes they called me ytd for my review :) but I think instead of just going for kebaya , I might need to go for mgt round again :( urghhhhhhhhh !!!!
:D

golden8

Post by golden8 » Tue, 20 Nov 2012 3:24 pm

anyone knows if i have received a rejection letter before (cleared all rds but prob did not clear med check up?), will they keep a record of it and fail me straight if i go for a walk-in interview again?

lovelizzie

Post by lovelizzie » Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:33 pm

hello!

Just wondering for the kebaya round, do we have to tie up our hair for the check?

kimmiecri

Post by kimmiecri » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 1:31 pm

lovelizzie wrote:hello!

Just wondering for the kebaya round, do we have to tie up our hair for the check?
Hi,

They will request you to bun up your hair, (those red rubber band will be provided). Interviwers will be checking your neck area and back (especially for back pimples).

One of my mate got asked to snap off her long hair coz they say she is not suitable for bun. hope this helps.

rainbow123

Post by rainbow123 » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 2:48 pm

Hey all! im gg for the interview in Dec!

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 3:36 pm

@rainbow123

Hey there, im going too! First time :shock:

Ck Fong

Post by Ck Fong » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 6:22 pm

frued wrote:@rainbow123

Hey there, im going too! First time :shock:
All the best. Just be natural

123fly

Post by 123fly » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 6:40 pm

I'm from Malaysia. I'm thinking to go for interview on 1 Dec.. Still searching for hostel/hotel in sg.. Anyone knows if it's ok to wear short sleeve blouse for girl? My friend said short sleeve doesn't look formal. And she suggested me to wear long sleeve. Any idea anyone? Thanks :)

Ck Fong

Post by Ck Fong » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 6:46 pm

123fly wrote:I'm from Malaysia. I'm thinking to go for interview on 1 Dec.. Still searching for hostel/hotel in sg.. Anyone knows if it's ok to wear short sleeve blouse for girl? My friend said short sleeve doesn't look formal. And she suggested me to wear long sleeve. Any idea anyone? Thanks :)
Try to wear formal. Impression is very important.

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:26 pm

kimmiecri wrote:

Hi,

They will request you to bun up your hair, (those red rubber band will be provided). Interviwers will be checking your neck area and back (especially for back pimples).

One of my mate got asked to snap off her long hair coz they say she is not suitable for bun. hope this helps.
If you have some back pimple, will they reject you straight?? Those tiny ones.. Not big ones

lovelizzie

Post by lovelizzie » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:04 pm

yoyobin wrote:
kimmiecri wrote:

Hi,

If you have some back pimple, will they reject you straight?? Those tiny ones.. Not big ones
Thank you for your answer! ^^ as i have some light scar behind my ears, so i pretty worried about this. during the kebaya round, the skin check is still very strict? we still have to stand under the florescent light for that round?

Brandalee

Hi!

Post by Brandalee » Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:19 pm

Hello! I'm new to this forum :) I'm looking forward to the 1st dec interview for SIA too. But can I ask if it is a must to get either of the manual by Luke or Kristine? Because 1st Dec is going to be my first interview for SIA. And I have bitten nails. Do they check for this also? Because I'm thinking of doing a nail extension for better appearance wise impression. Thanks!

kimmiecri

Post by kimmiecri » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 9:46 am

yoyobin wrote:
kimmiecri wrote:

Hi,

i do not exactly know what they are looking at, but definately back, face, and neck area for sure.. they'll also look at ur hand and arm for visable scares.

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 9:49 am

If you have some back pimple, will they reject you straight?? Those tiny ones.. Not big ones[/quote]

Same here! But as long as the kebaya covers the areas, it should be alright? Can't wait for next sat!

kimmiecri

Post by kimmiecri » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 9:54 am

lovelizzie wrote:
yoyobin wrote:
kimmiecri wrote: Hi,

Thank you for your answer! ^^ as i have some light scar behind my ears, so i pretty worried about this. during the kebaya round, the skin check is still very strict? we still have to stand under the florescent light for that round?
i cant remember if it's the kebaya round of skin check round they make u stand infront of the spot light. but for sure, they actually busted a few of my mates and they dun even know why they are busted out. some say could be their back, face, the way they walk.. etc. try to put on some foundation on your visable scar. dunno if it helps..