Singapore Expats

Where can I protest the PLO rocketing of Israel

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:42 pm

i think the article only concentrates on the "Israel and singapore " connection based on the two countries' arms and military cooperation.

lots of his research are from this http://www.haaretz.com/a-deep-dark-secr ... r-1.128671

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:48 pm

But the author attempted to draw more broader image also showing (according to him) the socio-political analogy ("Both Israel and Singapore are non-Muslim, and both face much larger, less-than-friendly Muslim neighbors" [..], etc).
Having Muslim neighbours is a technical point. The socio-historical relation (whether and who likes or hate who and for what reasons) is IMO very different. I don't feel Singapore society feels about their neighbours similar way as Israeli feel about their (and vice versa). This is very important and this is IMO missing as the reason for the war is never really technical.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 8:28 pm

When you begin to see tooled-up off-duty SAF-women in their bikinis down on Sentosa beach then I will begin to see the parallels.... but until then there is nowhere near the level of background paranoia in SG as there is in Israel.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 8:51 pm

JR8 wrote:When you begin to see tooled-up off-duty SAF-women in their bikinis down on Sentosa beach then I will begin to see the parallels.... but until then there is nowhere near the level of background paranoia in SG as there is in Israel.
Or like this in the local starbucks/hawker.

Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 8:52 pm

Sentosa?

Not a chance. The old man doesn't trust his populace enough to allow them to be armed like this.
Now I'm called PNGMK

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 9:53 pm

I remember back when I was in my early 20s getting a cheap flight to Israel for a week in the sun. Those photos are wholly representative, I was quite astonished.

I remember a night in a small club and chatting up a couple of birds. I popped the mag (I suppose you could say that I 'popped her clip' ;)) out of one's M16 and took a round as a souvenir. Fortunately I saw better than try and take it home, not least because I had a decidedly thorough two hour long 1-1 'discussion' at the airport with the boys in green before being allowed to board and go home.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great and quite different time there and met some very interesting people. But you can't help but leave touched* by their (justified) paranoia.

p.s. And the birds are by and large smokin' HOT.

Now... what are the parallels with SG again?

--------------
Edit: * as in brushed by, or having experienced at first hand...

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:25 pm

JR8 wrote:I remember back when I was in my early 20s getting a cheap flight to Israel for a week in the sun. Those photos are wholly representative, I was quite astonished.

I remember a night in a small club and chatting up a couple of birds. I popped the mag (I suppose you could say that I 'popped her clip' ;)) out of one's M16 and took a round as a souvenir. Fortunately I saw better than try and take it home, not least because I had a decidedly thorough two hour long 1-1 'discussion' at the airport with the boys in green before being allowed to board and go home.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great and quite different time there and met some very interesting people. But you can't help but leave touched* by their (justified) paranoia.

p.s. And the birds are by and large smokin' HOT.

Now... what are the parallels with SG again?

--------------
Edit: * as in brushed by, or having experienced at first hand...
One of my life regrets.... I should have done the same.
Now I'm called PNGMK

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 11:56 pm

JR8 wrote: p.s. And the birds are by and large smokin' HOT.
+1

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:08 am

A lot of the croupiers in Tokyo are (or were in my day) Israeli girls, post their equivalent of NS off to earn some money.

'Sure I understand [magnet *1]. Yeah I've been there [magnet *3]. Yeah really [magnet *5]! You know I just lived on the beach for a few weeks, I couldn't afford a hotel [magnet *7]. Oh and also dated a girl in the IDF [magnet *9]- no really it's true, she declared me an honorary-Jew!' [home run!].

Fun times.... hehehe... :wink: