Singapore Expats

Aluminium window frame/guide repair

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Aluminium window frame/guide repair

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 3:54 pm

Does anyone know of someone who repairs window frames - specifically can replace the rollers and other parts that help the window slide? I can't find a brand name on the frames unfortunately.
Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 4:21 pm

When you find one, let us know. I could use someone with that technology as well for replacing the roller in a couple hall windows as well as a heavy glass sliding door.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 7:16 pm

Apparently this places stocks parts.
http://www.motherland.com.sg/catalog/
Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 7:18 pm

Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 8:58 pm

Actually, those can be bought in any local hardware store. In fact I have a bag with about 8 of them hanging in my store room for the sliding bathroom door in the Kitchen toilet. (The water plays hell on the bearings after a while (even embedding them in heavy duty Dow Corning 111 silicone grease. But that one I can handle as I only have to life out the door from the rail as there isn't a high sill like my big glass door and windows. I cannot figure out how to get the damn things OUT of the casement in order to replace them! Short of removing the casement as well, that is. They don't lift high enough in the upper channel to clear the lower channel.
:x
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 9:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, those can be bought in any local hardware store. In fact I have a bag with about 8 of them hanging in my store room for the sliding bathroom door in the Kitchen toilet. (The water plays hell on the bearings after a while (even embedding them in heavy duty Dow Corning 111 silicone grease. But that one I can handle as I only have to life out the door from the rail as there isn't a high sill like my big glass door and windows. I cannot figure out how to get the damn things OUT of the casement in order to replace them! Short of removing the casement as well, that is. They don't lift high enough in the upper channel to clear the lower channel.
:x
Yes - I have the same problem. I'll let you know if I can find a solution.
Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 1:17 pm

I have someone arranged to come over - he claims he can do this. We'll see.
Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Thu, 06 Dec 2012 12:01 pm

Ok - Lura can do it.

Lura Contractor

Broken windows and door replacements.

Tel: 6445 3555

He knows how to get the windows out and where to source the OEM rollers. He did my horiz sliding windows but can't do my vertical sliding casements (apparently the idiot architect has made it virtually impossible to remove them - the building was basically built around the windows once they were in place!).
Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Dec 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks OSOD. I managed to do a little surgery on my sliding Hall windows by drilling a small 9mm hole in the side of the window frames about where I figured I would have a shot of hitting the rollers with an oiler. I got lucky and now they are as quiet as can be. Haven't done the bedroom windows yet, but I reckon this will work. However, I will probably have to use them for the big sliding glass doors into my study though as I think the rollers are disintegrating as they don't roll smoothly, noise or not.

michellemacdroff

Re: Aluminium window frame/guide repair

Post by michellemacdroff » Mon, 12 Mar 2018 1:13 pm

I suggest you to go through the internet search. There are many websites available on the internet which can be very useful to you.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Aluminium window frame/guide repair

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 12 Mar 2018 2:14 pm

michellemacdroff wrote:I suggest you to go through the internet search. There are many websites available on the internet which can be very useful to you.
I suggest you drop dead.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!