The Weekenders

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:49 pm

Akimbo wrote:
taurus19 wrote: haha..

btw would like to hv a short intro of yourself?
Err...I'd like to say "NO" to that...

Hahaha

Well, anyway I'm a dude, I'm 24 and a foreigner here in Singapore. Basically that's the only thing this forum needs to know for now. :cool:

I'm way better when you do meet me in person though. :twisted:

oops !!!

im sorry to make you feel uncomfortable.. sure sure.. it is still a good idea to intro during the first meet up.

btw i am cass. Nice to know you, im from local..

the above suggestion to catch a movie is a good idea... Too bad i have something on..
See the world from a different vantage point

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Double-Whammy Movie Day! Nov 4th, 2012

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 1:16 pm

taurus19 wrote: oops !!!

im sorry to make you feel uncomfortable.. sure sure.. it is still a good idea to intro during the first meet up.

btw i am cass. Nice to know you, im from local..

the above suggestion to catch a movie is a good idea... Too bad i have something on..
Oh no, you're not making me uncomfortable at all. It's just that short intro through forum is just too tacky, you know? :roll:

It's a fact, the people you see on the net, are usually different in person.

I think most of the people I've seen here would also say the same about me :twisted:

But yeah, it's okay to ask cause at the very least need to know who we're meeting. :)

And here are a word from our sponsors...because we've changed pages...
Akimbo wrote:Hello dudes and dudelines.

This first weekend of November, my plan is to have a double-whammy movie day with a late lunch and early dinner to hang out first!

I understand that there will be a LOT of people who wants to watch this (at least the first one), as I already saw a couple of film timings in all 3 big cinemas are sold out, or at least the great seats are already taken.

Therefore, I'm taking the initiative and gonna buy 8 seats (the other two is reserved for me and my friend) extra to whoever wants to join us. Newbies and oldies are both welcome. That's why I'm having a late lunch and early dinner for us to get to know/catch up with each other. Don't worry, I'll make sure all of you guys are comfortable.

Okay, firstly...

We're first greeted by James Bond, in the new movie, Skyfall, which as of I post this post, is still strong at 94% in Rottentomatoes. I don't need to tell you guys what it's about, right? :D
The venue will be at (I will edit this later on, once I've confirmed the tickets with people who shows interest, cause I might just buy more than 10) and I'm looking to watch it arnd 3pm.

Once we finish, we'll be heading off for the late dinner or just coffee, but if you also haven't watched the movie, I'll be watching this one too.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Well, we all used to be in high school, I'm sure. And you should also know the ups and downs during that period. If you've read the book (which I haven't, unfortunately) than you should know what I'm talking about. But the trailer itself has already almost drove me into tears (yeah, I'm a sensitive guy and yeah I can emphatize with outcasts being bullied during highschool)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rh7O4IDc0

There's a clip from Youtube, and all the romantics, you'll love the quote in the end of the trailer...
I know there are people who say these don't happen. I know that these will be stories someday. But right now, we are alive. And in this moment...I swear, we are infinite.
Loved how they had edited the trailer.

For this one, the venue is at Cineleisure Orchard, I don't know how many will be interested, so I won't be buying any yet. and I'm sure the couple seats can even be bought at the last minute anyway. Haha. And the rating from Rottentomatoes, is currently staying at 86%! Definite watch for me.

So there you have it. If you're interested, just PM/e-mail me your contacts, and once I can get in touch with you by phone, you're confirmed.

To those who have my number already, just text me and let's hang out!

I'll be buying the tickets on Thursday afternoon. After that, I won't be able to guarantee that we'll sitting in the same area in the cinema. I'll be choosing the best seats possible ;)

Cheers and have a great week ahead!
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

cloeangel

Post by cloeangel » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 3:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I've just arrived to Singapore, i've been here a week now) and was wondering how to meet new people ! how does this work ?( might sound like a stupid random question !! )
Thanks !

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 3:46 pm

cloeangel wrote:Hi everyone,
I've just arrived to Singapore, i've been here a week now) and was wondering how to meet new people ! how does this work ?( might sound like a stupid random question !! )
Thanks !
Err...open your apartment door, and just greet a random stranger, bub... :P

LOL Sarcasm aside, welcome to Singapore. And by the way, I've taken your e-mail address, and will send of anything I find interesting to do together on weekends. :)

Update for Sunday:
3 tickets left for Skyfall. Please come on by and make new friends :D
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

kikeo

Post by kikeo » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 4:40 pm

if i like it very much tomorrow i might come again on sunday ;) I'll let you know

cloeangel

Post by cloeangel » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 7:00 pm

Hey Akimbo count me in for sunday !!
:D :D

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 12:33 am

That's it! With cloe in, I have 8 tickets all booked (so sorry, I was quite afraid nobody will show, so I only bought 8 instead of 10)

Kikeo, if someone cancels suddenly, I'll get a hold of you somehow...if you do want to see it again, that is.

RajunCajun816

Post by RajunCajun816 » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 3:12 pm

I too am looking for cool people to meet here in Singapore. Please refer to my post: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic90198.html

To sum it up though, 28/M/American, studied in the US and Australia. Traveled to 46 countries and lived in 6. Here in Singapore for work (management consulting). I like to gym, party, active sports, movies, and all the other good things that Singapore has to offer!

Cheers!
[email protected]

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

The Weekend is going on A Weekday! Nov, 13th

Post by Akimbo » Mon, 12 Nov 2012 2:00 pm

~DELETED~

Cheers, and have a nice (short) holiday!

I'll make a triple movie outing for this weekend once the schedule's out :D

EDIT: So sorry, I just realized that I already have a ticket for a German movie to watch for my studies at 9 pm tomorrow...but I will make that triple movie happen for this weekend!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 9:34 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

As I always do every week, this weekend is all about movies again! I've checked today, but I still haven't gotten any other schedule for Sat and Sun except for Cathay. Without further ado, these are the ones that I am planning to see...

Pitch Perfect

Yeah, you may call it a chickflick and what not...but hey, I like musicals and here it comes on the silver screen. Plotline wise, I'll let you girls look it up. If guys are also interested, hey it's fine. I just hope we won't get a 9 to 1 guy to gal ratio though. That's....creepy. :roll:

So far the critics have given a 77%, out of 96 reviews. And that's great enough for me. It's just for the fun and the laughs!

I'm planning this for Sat night arnd 7 pm! Will confirm the tickets by Friday night. :D

Argo

The current box-office leader! Everybody kept on telling me to see this movie. And with a 95% score out of 238 critics, what's there not to like?

Argo is a "declassified" true story back in 1979, where in Iran, 52 Americans were taken as hostage. With 6 people that managed to escape, it's up to Tony Mendez to safely extract them back to the USA.

Ben Affleck is the director for this movie. And you know what? Any movie that he's directed until now has been successes!

This movie is planned for Sunday around 3pm...or 7pm depending on the timing that I can get for the second movie to see on the same day.

Frankenweenie

The dark dog of the movies...I was going to say horse, but well...

Stop motion picture made by Tim Burton. I seriously don't know anything about what this movie is supposed to be about other than it's a tale about a boy and his dead dog which he made to come back to life with the power of science! The review score is a solid 89% out of 184 reviews...and it's actually shown in Black and White!

I have no clue whether it's connected to the 1984 Frankenweenie which was also directed by Burton, but in either case, I want to watch it, and I hope you do too!

The timing is also either 3 pm or 7 pm on Sunday. Depends on the schedule they will have by tomorrow, and I'll decide.

Newbies and most definitely, Oldies are welcome. I can arrange something to do after the first movie so we can talk and get to know each other (specifically for newbies)

Unless of course you newbies also have the same afternoon plans as me...if you know what I mean :wink:

And there you have it. Again, will confirm the tickets on Friday night. But if I can get yeses from y'all by Thursday night, that'd be much appreciated :)

Confirm to me by texting me, or leave your phone number somewhere either by PM or e-mail. And I'll contact you to confirm!

Cheers and have a great half-week ahead!

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 9:52 pm

Either Argo or Frankenweenie then :)
"Budget Expat"

kikeo

Post by kikeo » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 2:38 pm

I'm up for Argo and Frankenweenie.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)

Post by Akimbo » Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:20 pm

Watching Rurouni Kenshin...they only play it in ONE THEATER here in Singapore...extremely excited to see it tonight!

http://www.fgcineplex.com.sg/detail.aspx?ID=49

I'm not making an event for it, just to tell every other RK lovers that never knew about this actually playing in Singapore...like me!
Last edited by Akimbo on Fri, 30 Nov 2012 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

danielczh
Regular
Regular

Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)

Post by danielczh » Fri, 30 Nov 2012 4:10 pm

Akimbo wrote:Watching Rurouni Kenshin...they only play it in one theater here in Singapore...extremely excited to see it tonight!

http://www.fgcineplex.com.sg/detail.aspx?ID=49

I'm not making an event for it, just to tell every other RK lovers that never knew about this actually playing in Singapore...like me!
OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Thanks for posting this up! Gonna go watch this weekend!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 6:22 am

Saw it, it does stick true to the storyline! Takeru Sato was great as the harmless Kenshin and the angry Battousai. I have only one disappointment near the end. You'll know it. It's a friggin' loooooooooong 2-3 minutes

Return to “20's Club”