Singapore Expats

Relocating to Singapore - best business for me?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
avisahay

Relocating to Singapore - best business for me?

Post by avisahay » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 3:05 pm

Please read my story.
I am an Indian. A few years back, I was a software professional and earning very well. My brothers and sisters were financially dependent on me as I had lost my parents in my childhood. A few months after my siblings started got settledin their lives and were no longer dependent on me, I left my job because I was interested in teaching profession. I started online tutoring. I liked this work so much that I never forced any of my students to pay. It was their choice. Most of times, I tutored completely for free. Sometimes somebody paid voluntarily. Sometimes I used to take up small freelancing project. I was working much harder but earning only about 5% of what I earned as a software professional,but I was happier.
Two of my students are from Singapore; they are brothers. Even before I had started helping them with their studies,they had lost their father and their mother was suffering from cancer. I became emotionally attached with that family. The emotional bond was so strong that it surpasses all blood-relations.
Today early morning, their mother also passed away. Now they have become orphans. I am completely devastated. I feel like I have lost somebody very dear to me.
I am really worried about those children. When I had started tutoring them, they were doing O' level. Now they are in polytechnic.
I want to relocate to Singapore so that I can take care of them. I am thinking of starting a business there. I do not want to make lots of money; my aim is only their happiness.
So which business do you think would be best for me?

urbanjungle101

Re: Relocating to Singapore - best business for me?

Post by urbanjungle101 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 3:53 pm

avisahay wrote:Please read my story.
I am an Indian. A few years back, I was a software professional and earning very well. My brothers and sisters were financially dependent on me as I had lost my parents in my childhood. A few months after my siblings started got settledin their lives and were no longer dependent on me, I left my job because I was interested in teaching profession. I started online tutoring. I liked this work so much that I never forced any of my students to pay. It was their choice. Most of times, I tutored completely for free. Sometimes somebody paid voluntarily. Sometimes I used to take up small freelancing project. I was working much harder but earning only about 5% of what I earned as a software professional,but I was happier.
Two of my students are from Singapore; they are brothers. Even before I had started helping them with their studies,they had lost their father and their mother was suffering from cancer. I became emotionally attached with that family. The emotional bond was so strong that it surpasses all blood-relations.
Today early morning, their mother also passed away. Now they have become orphans. I am completely devastated. I feel like I have lost somebody very dear to me.
I am really worried about those children. When I had started tutoring them, they were doing O' level. Now they are in polytechnic.
I want to relocate to Singapore so that I can take care of them. I am thinking of starting a business there. I do not want to make lots of money; my aim is only their happiness.
What a load of BS aka CRAP !!!!!!!

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 4:02 pm

Considering half the island drives the other half that cooks for them...
Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 5:09 pm

Sounds like there is no reason for me to jump into the fray. Enjoy yourselves.....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 6:26 pm

Considering the number of people in your life apparently dropping dead, mebbe you should become an undertaker.

Darthcoder
Regular
Regular

Post by Darthcoder » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 9:59 pm

JR8 wrote:Considering the number of people in your life apparently dropping dead, mebbe you should become an undertaker.
Didnt you read his post? :P He wants to take care of the brothers while they are alive :P. Seriously, how does one come up with such a BS story, or maybe there is humanity left in the world after all? :roll:
I am back I am back I am back I am back You know I am back. Everybody stand up!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:06 pm

You should become a writer of dramatic novels (a.k.a. sob stories) - you have talent there!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:59 pm

Let me join Darthcoder's camp just for some balance. While I feel sorry for OP's life and the lives of the brothers he cares truly for, I don't think it is not easy for him to just hop over here. He is neither the brothers' legal guardian nor next-of-kin.

I hope you are well aware that the government is putting a tight clamp on Indian nationals as well as other foreigners in this country. So trying to set a business for the sake ifof being here will not work, unless you are bringing a multi-million revenue to the government that they will roll out a carpet and grant you a visa to be here.

And while I applaud you for your said story above, your plan is not workable. The boys will not be able to sponsor your visa nor you are eligible for any possible visa on your own merit. These brothers are legally adults anyway so the idea of you being their guardian will not fly.

Keep on having them in your thoughts over there, that's all you can do for now. Or maybe visit them once in a few months but please refrain from visa runs or the ICA will ban you for good.

All the best.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:11 pm

Darthcoder wrote:
JR8 wrote:Considering the number of people in your life apparently dropping dead, mebbe you should become an undertaker.
Didnt you read his post? :P He wants to take care of the brothers while they are alive :P. Seriously, how does one come up with such a BS story, or maybe there is humanity left in the world after all? :roll:
Well, some lobang(s) here and there.
Please read my story.
It's kinda hard to comprehend that online tutoring can transfer emotions (no Emotions Over IP yet :P ), unless OP stated that he made several visits to Singapore just to meet them. It's not about where OP's nationality - even if OP came from Vesuvio - unless the lobang(s) can be covered, then the BS sign can be lifted.
the lynx wrote:And while I applaud you for your said story above, your plan is not workable. The boys will not be able to sponsor your visa nor you are eligible for any possible visa on your own merit. These brothers are legally adults anyway so the idea of you being their guardian will not fly.
=D>
"Budget Expat"

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:46 pm

v4jr4 wrote:(no Emotions Over IP yet :P )
Oh I don't know, I've got some strong feelings about a couple of the Mods here :oops: :wink:

Perhaps OP will be back shortly soliciting donations to fund his 'entirely selfless' journey to SG?

p.s. More seriously this reminds me of the conveniently printed multi-lingual leaflets that beggars used to hand out on trains in India... 'Dear brother/sister, I am lame, I cannot walk, my parents both died when I was aged 2, I am alone in the world and have nothing [continues at painful length in similar way]'.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:46 am

JR8 wrote:Perhaps OP will be back shortlysoliciting donations to fund his 'entirely selfless' journey to SG?
Oh, the internet can be quite generous.

Or vicious if they smell you're up to no good.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 7:09 pm

Should this be true, it's good that you are trying to do what you are doing, however, this is not the place to post about it, you'll get no sympathy and we are so used to people with ridiculous stories that you will be treated as a troll.

Good luck in your "crusade" You'd be better off going back to your well paid job and sending them money I think!
nutnut

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:52 pm

i strongly recommend the home-based calf reduction kits.

no, not the bovine type.

aargon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by aargon » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 5:26 am

I want to go to India. And I want to go NOW!
Everybody was KungFu Fighting.....

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 5:29 am

So what's stopping you?

I packed my bag, took a hard-earned $750, and headed off there for 3 months a-wandering when I was but 19.