Singapore Expats

Personnal Cash Loan - Which Bank is better?

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
HowardHiew

Personnal Cash Loan - Which Bank is better?

Post by HowardHiew » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 5:07 pm

Hi,

Planned to buy a 2nd hand HDB this year but, need to have a cash loan of 20+K to cover the whole cost.

Can somebody recommend which bank offer the best rate?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 5:23 pm

You mean an unsecured loan? :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Personnal Cash Loan - Which Bank is better?

Post by taxico » Fri, 02 Nov 2012 11:18 pm

HowardHiew wrote:Planned to buy a 2nd hand HDB this year but, need to have a cash loan of 20+K to cover the whole cost.

are you serious?

you want to buy a SECOND flat and you lack $20K+ to cover the whole cost of the flat and you want to know which bank will offer you the best rate for that $20K+?

ANY BANK WILL LEND YOU MONEY UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY REALLY REALLY OLD AND FULL OF DEBTS PENDING LEGAL/BANKRUPTCY ACTION.

i believe the rates are similar for most banks for such a small loan. but are people allowed to own 2 flats now?

mooo.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 12:09 am

taxico wrote:
HowardHiew wrote:Planned to buy a 2nd hand HDB this year but, need to have a cash loan of 20+K to cover the whole cost.

are you serious?

you want to buy a SECOND flat and you lack $20K+ to cover the whole cost of the flat and you want to know which bank will offer you the best rate for that $20K+?

ANY BANK WILL LEND YOU MONEY UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY REALLY REALLY OLD AND FULL OF DEBTS PENDING LEGAL/BANKRUPTCY ACTION.

i believe the rates are similar for most banks for such a small loan. but are people allowed to own 2 flats now?

mooo.
I think OP means a resale flat. Second hand. Pre-owned. IIRC, buy second flat cannot if own one oredi...
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 9:06 am

nakatago wrote:
taxico wrote:

are you serious?

mooo.
I think OP means a resale flat. Second hand. Pre-owned. IIRC, buy second flat cannot if own one oredi...
Honestly - if you cant cover the COV - I'd suggest you'll struggle to cover the mortgage.
Now I'm called PNGMK

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 11:27 am

offshoreoildude wrote:
nakatago wrote:
taxico wrote: are you serious?

mooo.
Honestly - if you cant cover the COV - I'd suggest you'll struggle to cover the mortgage.
I don't know about that. Not that I'd encourage the OP to get a loan to do what he's doing. But some of these ridiculously high 20-50k (or even a lot more) COVs on units that will have $1200/month mortgage payments is a little out of whack.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 11:36 am

zzm9980 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:
nakatago wrote: I think OP means a resale flat. Second hand. Pre-owned. IIRC, buy second flat cannot if own one oredi...
I don't know about that. Not that I'd encourage the OP to get a loan to do what he's doing. But some of these ridiculously high 20-50k (or even a lot more) COVs on units that will have $1200/month mortgage payments is a little out of whack.
OP must have been around for a bit to be eligible to buy. In that time he has not been able to save $20k - and now he wants a mortgage AND has to service a high interest loan? He'd be best appealing to family or friends for this I'd say.
Now I'm called PNGMK

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 03 Nov 2012 12:34 pm

nakatago wrote:
taxico wrote:

are you serious?

mooo.
i stand corrected, but any bank will lend you money to buy a flat if you can cover all but 20-30k (that part i think i read correctly).