Singapore Expats

Spouse won't be here when we apply PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tristanmin

Spouse won't be here when we apply PR

Post by tristanmin » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 6:17 pm

Hi,

My wife is on DP and she won't be here when we about to submit PR application. But she can leave all her necessary documents with me. So my question is that can we still apply PR as together? If we can when we make e-appointment what should we fill in this "No. of People" text box? Just 1 or 2?

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Oct 2012 8:28 pm

Why won't she be with you? Wait till she returns to Singapore if she is on holidays before you submit it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 8:39 am

I don't want to sound rude, but by the looks of it, this will be your 3rd PR application attempt in 18 months?

tristanmin

Post by tristanmin » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:01 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why won't she be with you? Wait till she returns to Singapore if she is on holidays before you submit it.
Yes, she is going to deliver a baby back in my country and won't be back so soon.

tristanmin

Post by tristanmin » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:05 am

Saint wrote:I don't want to sound rude, but by the looks of it, this will be your 3rd PR application attempt in 18 months?
Yes, that's true. Nothing to hide. Never say die. No matter what we still need to keep on trying as we are really want to root here. We won't be stop at getting PR but also try to become SG citizen.

Cheers! :)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:07 am

tristanmin wrote:
Saint wrote:I don't want to sound rude, but by the looks of it, this will be your 3rd PR application attempt in 18 months?
Yes, that's true. Nothing to hide. Never say die. No matter what we still need to keep on trying as we are really want to root here. We won't be stop at getting PR but also try to become SG citizen.

Cheers! :)
But you gotta consider that submitting too many applications in such short intervals without considerable improvements can also annoy ICA. Are you willing to risk that?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:13 am

Then why didn't you do as a Singaporean would have done? Have the child here in Singapore? By her giving birth in her own country, it would appear to ICA that your anticipated loyalities do NOT actually lie with Singapore. You have given them the wrong impression so it very unlikely that you will ever get PR. So go ahead and file, won't make any difference anyway as she won't be needed as their won't be any interview anyway, especially if you have already applied several times in the past two years.

Image I can only say....... EPIC FAIL
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tristanmin

Post by tristanmin » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:31 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Then why didn't you do as a Singaporean would have done? Have the child here in Singapore? By her giving birth in her own country, it would appear to ICA that your anticipated loyalities do NOT actually lie with Singapore. You have given them the wrong impression so it very unlikely that you will ever get PR. So go ahead and file, won't make any difference anyway as she won't be needed as their won't be any interview anyway, especially if you have already applied several times in the past two years.
I got your point and I knew it already. Don't know how to tell but I need to accept the fact that I can't support my wife and baby with my only one income. That's why we decided to do that. Anyway, thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Cheers!

tristanmin

Post by tristanmin » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:34 am

nakatago wrote:But you gotta consider that submitting too many applications in such short intervals without considerable improvements can also annoy ICA. Are you willing to risk that?
Thanks for point it out. I do have some improvements in my company profile, income, regular donation and doing charity.

Cheers!

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:41 am

tristanmin wrote: I got your point and I knew it already. Don't know how to tell but I need to accept the fact that I can't support my wife and baby with my only one income. That's why we decided to do that. Anyway, thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Cheers!
Why getting PR going to increase your family income? You will actual take home less due to CPF?!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:07 pm

For reasons I won't saying, I'm calling this now. PR will be rejected.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

tristanmin

Post by tristanmin » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:10 pm

Saint wrote:Why getting PR going to increase your family income? You will actual take home less due to CPF?!
Getting PR can definitely boost our career and of course helping in getting good paid too. I am not saying that take all what we can from SG and live here. Of course the quality of skill set what we bring and support and contribute the community is a must. I don't even mind if I need to do NS.

Cheers!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:16 pm

On a side question, (sorry I always do that in discussion) isn't that the reason WHY employers prefer to hire PR and SC?

Is it because they don't have to pay for high levy, medical check-up, insurance etc etc etc that they would have otherwise paid for a foreign worker? And they don't have to jump through hoops to do the above? And that they only have to worry about CPF for PR and SC?

If that is the case, then OP is really going for the wrong deal :???:

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:20 pm

Just on the subject of submitting the initial application, I don't think it's necessary for all applicants to be physically present at the ICA for this. At least in my case, I submitted our application on my own, although of course we all went in for the appointment to collect the REPs etc.

SMS, there's something hypnotic about that Epic Fail animated GIF - I keep watching it, just in case the cat makes it across the next time. I have to concur with the general sentiment here - no offence to the OP, but if he doesn't have the means to support his wife through the pregnancy here (which is sad), then the ICA will probably take that into account.
Be careful what you wish for

tristanmin

Post by tristanmin » Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:46 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:Just on the subject of submitting the initial application, I don't think it's necessary for all applicants to be physically present at the ICA for this. At least in my case, I submitted our application on my own, although of course we all went in for the appointment to collect the REPs etc.

SMS, there's something hypnotic about that Epic Fail animated GIF - I keep watching it, just in case the cat makes it across the next time. I have to concur with the general sentiment here - no offence to the OP, but if he doesn't have the means to support his wife through the pregnancy here (which is sad), then the ICA will probably take that into account.
Thank you. Now I got the answer what I want.

I appreciate that!