Singapore Expats

Furniture Buying

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Furniture Buying

Post by PrimroseHill » Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:37 am

Anyone has any good suggestions as to where to buy some nice sofas and outdoor furniture.

Went to Dempsey and most of them are really expensive

Travailes
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Furniture Buying

Post by Travailes » Mon, 29 Oct 2012 1:54 pm

PrimroseHill wrote:Anyone has any good suggestions as to where to buy some nice sofas and outdoor furniture.

Went to Dempsey and most of them are really expensive
Stuff is available at Expat Auctions. Auction once a week. You can subscribe to a newsletter which lets you see all the lots.

ps Anyone buying any furniture at Dempsey needs their head examining.
There is a very long thread about one of the retailers there (on another expat message board - sorry mods - they do exist !) which makes for interesting reading. Caveat Emptor !
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone gets to dance with the grim reaper.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Oct 2012 2:28 pm

Yeah, I've been a member of them all longer than I've been here. It's why we all end up here....... They don't call it the Angry Board over there for nothing.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Travailes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Travailes » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:10 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, I've been a member of them all longer than I've been here. It's why we all end up here....... They don't call it the Angry Board over there for nothing.
That fits !!
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone gets to dance with the grim reaper.

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 11:58 am

On the weekend, check out the local newspaper. There are always sales going on, if you are looking for cheaper than dempsey furniture. Some of them are reasonably good quality while others are less.

You might want to consider renting a car and drive around, to check out the various shops.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Oct 2012 1:49 pm

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers