Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Fri, 19 Oct 2012 6:17 pm

Hi folks, just a small reminder; it's not easy to be a crew. It might be glamorous with all the envious eyes on you but you don't know how bad it is with the irregular pattern, jetlag, flu/fever every two to three days due to the change of temperature and of course the hardwork you have to deal with pax or even your own colleagues.

I'm not stopping anyone to join but please think twice before stepping into this industry. But of course, for me, I'm happy being a flying crew. However, if I can choose again, I might not want to step into this industry. This is just my personal opinion.

Lastly fyi; you are not considered as a staff during your training days and you might just get terminated for a small mistake Afterall sq is all about image and discipline. Training is very tough, worse than NS which some of my batch boys claimed to be.

Wish all the hopefuls all the best in the upcoming interview. :)

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Fri, 19 Oct 2012 8:31 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:Hi folks, just a small reminder; it's not easy to be a crew. It might be glamorous with all the envious eyes on you but you don't know how bad it is with the irregular pattern, jetlag, flu/fever every two to three days due to the change of temperature and of course the hardwork you have to deal with pax or even your own colleagues.

I'm not stopping anyone to join but please think twice before stepping into this industry. But of course, for me, I'm happy being a flying crew. However, if I can choose again, I might not want to step into this industry. This is just my personal opinion.

Lastly fyi; you are not considered as a staff during your training days and you might just get terminated for a small mistake Afterall sq is all about image and discipline. Training is very tough, worse than NS which some of my batch boys claimed to be.

Indeed! Not to mention that sometimes you fly to relatively boring places...But nonetheless people will still try to get in, then quit after completing the first contract. A very common story...

Thanks for your honest sharing :)

nivla83

Post by nivla83 » Fri, 19 Oct 2012 9:49 pm

Wanna check is SQ is strict on age as I am 29/male this year and I would like to try out on the December OD.

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 12:09 am

Nevergiveup wrote:Hi folks, just a small reminder; it's not easy to be a crew. It might be glamorous with all the envious eyes on you but you don't know how bad it is with the irregular pattern, jetlag, flu/fever every two to three days due to the change of temperature and of course the hardwork you have to deal with pax or even your own colleagues.

worst than ns?? Why?

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 8:59 am

Is it alright to go to the recruitment with dyed hair? I've dyed my hair back to black about a month ago but the colour has faded to a medium brown. I originally had my hair ash blonde you see, so if I'm selected, then I'll dye my hair black again. I don't want to damage my hair any further since I had it coloured multiple times this year already.

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Sat, 20 Oct 2012 12:54 pm

xin1993 wrote:Is it alright to go to the recruitment with dyed hair? I've dyed my hair back to black about a month ago but the colour has faded to a medium brown. I originally had my hair ash blonde you see, so if I'm selected, then I'll dye my hair black again. I don't want to damage my hair any further since I had it coloured multiple times this year already.
Stella just go spray those temporary black colour to cover it up for that day la..I had friends in sec sch who uses black colour hair spray to avoid the DM.

neuyy

Post by neuyy » Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:21 am

anyone here still waiting for the work pass to be approved?

xgreenteax

Post by xgreenteax » Thu, 25 Oct 2012 1:09 am

Anyone starting training on Dec11th?

xgreenteax

Post by xgreenteax » Thu, 25 Oct 2012 1:11 am

marl wrote:@swanlake

I read the link alrd, but that doesn't answer my question. Is it true I need to wait for another 6 months before I can apply? If so, the 6 months will be after my 1st interview (which is in May) or after my final interview (which is last sept)?
Cos if it's counted from my very 1st application and interview, I have passed 6 months. But if it's from my last interview, it's not 6 months waiting yet.

Someone help me clarifyyyy.. :cry:
I dont think its necessary, from what I heard from people who went to the same interview.

girlzz
Regular
Regular

Post by girlzz » Thu, 25 Oct 2012 7:24 pm

Hi,anyone has Luke's contact details that I can attend his talks or share some tips for the interview??

JeffLKS

Post by JeffLKS » Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:59 am

girlzz wrote:Hi,anyone has Luke's contact details that I can attend his talks or share some tips for the interview??
Hi, you can simply visit his blog http://www.bohtong.org/ for his talk and tips. :)

dorae

Post by dorae » Sat, 27 Oct 2012 12:49 am

xgreenteax wrote:Anyone starting training on Dec11th?
my training date is 11 dec 12 too what is your batch number ??

xgreenteax

Post by xgreenteax » Sun, 28 Oct 2012 11:40 pm

dorae wrote:
\

Batch 63/12. yours?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 29 Oct 2012 2:11 pm

Training worst then NS ?? I bet your batch boys must be a clerk, store man or some white horse who never goes through the real NS training. You will never perspire during the course of STC training. Zero running, push up, sit up and ''interesting'' physical exercise. No endless stand by bed and Turn out !!! You don't even need to know how to swim which in NS you will really suffer from that. Training is only "tough" in a way that you must pass all the theory test of many subjects in a short time, waking early Mon-Fri & fighting the Z Monster everyday from 2-5pm, that's all. :wink:

You are a staff once you sign the contract. You are paid and enjoy staff benifits such as medical. You will have a staff ID which can be use for free entry and discount in some night spot. If you get in trouble the media will report '' Ex SIA steward/stewardess.......etc"

m_hearts

Post by m_hearts » Mon, 29 Oct 2012 5:55 pm

xgreenteax wrote:
dorae wrote:
\

Batch 63/12. yours?

I'm starting on 6 dec. How do you know which batch you are from?