Singapore Expats

SPR male with foreign female spouse, 3 years married

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
previousnextlife

Post by previousnextlife » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 6:59 am

sorry it was typo yes it supposed LTVP
now I'm getting more confused.
I got SPR long back time in 2009 and I got married after same year
since then we living separated which I tried two times (rejected) to apply SPR for her, while I make living here and she back in Indonesia.
so now she here with me to start living together and of course she must work too.
if I not 4000/mth what should I do for her too get a job and continuing living together with me?
I was thought LTVP+ sponsor must at least 4000/mth if sponsor is working permit? but I'm SPR.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 8:50 am

previousnextlife wrote:sorry it was typo yes it supposed LTVP
now I'm getting more confused.
I got SPR long back time in 2009 and I got married after same year
since then we living separated which I tried two times (rejected) to apply SPR for her, while I make living here and she back in Indonesia.
so now she here with me to start living together and of course she must work too.
if I not 4000/mth what should I do for her too get a job and continuing living together with me?
I was thought LTVP+ sponsor must at least 4000/mth if sponsor is working permit? but I'm SPR.
Dude, you're mixing it all over the place! :???:

Here's the info for LTVP+
http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12665

You must be a citizen to qualify for this. So you're out from LTVP+. Drop it.

You can only hope for 3 things:

1. Your wife get her own work permit and work here while staying with you. http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... rview.aspx

2. Apply LTVP (not LTVP+) and SHE CANNOT WORK under LTVP http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175&secid=171

3. Apply for PR after she gets here.

Note: I have no experience with all this turd but how did I get the info? GOOGLE - it is easy. Please read up before posting further questions and try not to confuse yourself.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 9:21 am

v4jr4 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:How in the hell did you manage to get PR in Singapore? What were they thinking! :???:
Maybe OP got a lucky strike back then :P
Or he got in when they were allowing LPRs for Indonesians ..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:19 am

Ahhhh, forgot about the old LPR scheme. More than likely. I've seen some real dunderheads come in that way. ](*,)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

previousnextlife

Post by previousnextlife » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:29 am

to more clarify, I'm not from LPR scheme.
I got my PR after S Pass.
So technically she need get employ from company willing issue her working permit.
Then after she get employed, she need apply PR for her self?
Last edited by previousnextlife on Tue, 23 Oct 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:39 pm

previousnextlife wrote:to more clarify, I'm not from LPR scheme.
I got my PR after S Pass.
So technically she need get employ from company willing issue her working permit.
Then after she get employed, she need apply PR for her self?
I doubt she'll get PR in the current or forseeable future. I personally would not be surprised if you lose yours at your low salary if they keep tightening up on the REP issuance. I am in a similar situation - an SPR with a wife - and she is her on a LTVP and doesn't work. Do you see the problem? A PR with a wife needs enough income to support her should she not be able to work. That's your sticking point; in this case you need her to find a job so she can independently come into Singapore on a work pass of some sort. This is actually how my wife moved to Singapore many years ago to be with me.
Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Ahhhh, forgot about the old LPR scheme. More than likely. I've seen some real dunderheads come in that way. ](*,)
But they were the top 1% of the Dunderhead class!
Now I'm called PNGMK

previousnextlife

Post by previousnextlife » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 1:41 pm

hi offshoreoildude,
Thanks for your share.

As current status now she just came with VP 30 days, I just applied her VP for long term thru e-VP and still on process.
I'm not sure if this process become a LTVP, but if it is yes, she got her LTVP then she can't work after even company can give working permit?
Is this wrong move?
How even she can find a job if given time only 30 days?

So yours did you manage get your wife PR, how's your current status?

What should I do? I'm in deep stressful now with this situation.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 2:00 pm

previousnextlife wrote: How even she can find a job if given time only 30 days?
The key is, if she is as good as her resume says, or she is sounding good in her resume, 30 days is more than enough ..

I know a few people who's spouse found jobs within a week of arriving, of course, they applied in advance before landing here ..

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 2:48 pm

but if it is yes, she got her LTVP then she can't work after even company can give working permit?
Company don't issue or give working permit.

Company only apply working permit if the candidate is short-listed.

Whether the application for work permit is successful or not, that is depend on MOM. (Assume the company don't have quota issue)

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 2:58 pm

previousnextlife wrote:How even she can find a job if given time only 30 days?
To find a job within 30 days, with current situation = mission impossible, unless, like ecureilx stated, your wife has a good CV (I want to stat "outstanding CV", but well...).

By bringing your wife here to look for a job, please get ready for:
1. Bills for 2. You do realize that Singapore is not cheap.
2. A dramatic turnaround, where your wife quits her current job (possible to take leave for 20 days?), and can't get a job within 30 days (touch wood)

It's not a wrong move. Although it's not easy to maintain a long distance communication (some of my friends survived, some others don't), please think first, rather than die-die want to go here, and in the end, looking for scapegoat.
"Budget Expat"

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 4:33 pm

previousnextlife wrote:hi offshoreoildude,
Thanks for your share.

As current status now she just came with VP 30 days, I just applied her VP for long term thru e-VP and still on process.
I'm not sure if this process become a LTVP, but if it is yes, she got her LTVP then she can't work after even company can give working permit?
Is this wrong move?

My wife is on LTVP. She saves me money though by being here as she cooks and cleans.
Now I'm called PNGMK

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks for your share.

Is this wrong move?

When she is approved on LTVP, she can stay in Singapore for 1 year. This is renewable every year. While she stays here, she can apply for a job with an employer that is willing to sponsor an employment pass. But even if the employer accepts her, MOM must approve her employment pass. This will depend on your wife's experience and qualifications.

If she is not approved for LTVP, she can still try to look for a job within 30 days. But chances are slim unless she is highly qualified.

Another option would be for her to look for a job while still in Indonesia, then move to Singapore upon approval of her pass.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 5:39 pm

bro75 wrote:
Thanks for your share.

Is this wrong move?

When she is approved on LTVP, she can stay in Singapore for 1 year. This is renewable every year. While she stays here, she can apply for a job with an employer that is willing to sponsor an employment pass. But even if the employer accepts her, MOM must approve her employment pass. This will depend on your wife's experience and qualifications.

If she is not approved for LTVP, she can still try to look for a job within 30 days. But chances are slim unless she is highly qualified.

Another option would be for her to look for a job while still in Indonesia, then move to Singapore upon approval of her pass.
Not necessarily true. She may well be only given a 3 or 6 month LTVP. It's not guaranteed that she will get a 12 month LTVP (although it's normally the case, we have seen them get less on this forum).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vestapo

Post by vestapo » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:25 am

Is RACE the only thing Singapore is looking for at immigrants now? Seems a bit desperate but 3K/month salary and SPR, Seriously?!!?