Singapore Expats

PR Application rejected 2 times and wife feels upset..

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
okdone

Post by okdone » Sat, 21 Jul 2012 3:18 pm

In this case I would say that if the other person is earning up to the mark with you, at a younger age, that means this is the kind of talent they ICA might be looking at. And the degree from an Australian university (probably higher rank in QS which ICA usually looks at as I've read in some of their webpages.)

I have noticed this before. There is indeed an online self evaluation tool (for EP in Singapore) which you can vary the criteria a bit and see for yourself. In this tool if you increase your age, and number of years in Singapore - even your higher salary might not make a difference to your EP Category.

So, lesser age, Australian Univ. degree and competitive salary scale, that comparison insidiously says it all I guess.
Do the Best, Sustain your performance and Talk Less.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 21 Jul 2012 7:53 pm

butterdogpoppy wrote: May I know how many ICA controller there? The same person rejected me twice and I am thinking if it will be appropriate for me to meet him in person to enquire about the rejection.
For what purpose, so you can tailor-make another appeal application? Anyway it is a moot point as ICA won't meet you and explain why you were rejected.

butterdogpoppy

Post by butterdogpoppy » Sat, 21 Jul 2012 9:34 pm

okdone wrote:In this case I would say that if the other person is earning up to the mark with you, at a younger age, that means this is the kind of talent they ICA might be looking at. And the degree from an Australian university (probably higher rank in QS which ICA usually looks at as I've read in some of their webpages.)

I have noticed this before. There is indeed an online self evaluation tool (for EP in Singapore) which you can vary the criteria a bit and see for yourself. In this tool if you increase your age, and number of years in Singapore - even your higher salary might not make a difference to your EP Category.

So, lesser age, Australian Univ. degree and competitive salary scale, that comparison insidiously says it all I guess.
Thanks for the thought provoking opinions here. I believe there is nothing I can do but to work hard to add value to myself (increment+promotion) and contribute more and more to Singapore society.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 5:43 pm

butterdogpoppy wrote: Thanks for the thought provoking opinions here. I believe there is nothing I can do but to work hard to add value to myself (increment+promotion) and contribute more and more to Singapore society.
I read several times your thread and this is my conclusion in Hokkien

Kang Kor !! Si bey sai Si , Ki bey sai Ki , tam tam lu mati !

Chin Chin Kang Kor
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

junaidfaridkhan

No experience and manners

Post by junaidfaridkhan » Sat, 01 Sep 2012 1:59 pm

Dear All,

Please do not waste your time on this website.

These moderators and administrators have nothing much to offer..They will just tell negative about every application, whether its about PR, EP , DP etc...

They once told me that (EP After getting rejected 3 times), i need to go back to my country and there is no chance of it being approved....

By the way, i am still here and working on valid EP since the last 2 years.

Good luck to their future predictions.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Sep 2012 2:20 pm

I am curious. Where did anybody tell you to go back to your country? I've read through all of your posts, and nobody told you to go back to your country.
Start preparing yourself for redeployment back to Oz. Don't leave it all to the last moment.
Does not tell you to go back to your country. It does, however, advise you to prepare and not leave your exit plans until the last minute. Sound advice if you consider some of the others here that are ruining their names by running out on their bills/obligations therefore make it hard on the rest of the foreigners already here. Other than my admonition nobody else told you to go home.
While something may still come through, your story is an all too common one in recent weeks.
So you are one of the few lucky ones who somehow beat the odds. Wow. Good for you. All of our information comes soley from anecdotal evidence from other posters. Occasionally, there is the rare one who does manage to be successful.

Therefore, what gives you the right to come back here and diss everybody and spam the board with your whiny posts? The other one was deleted. As you feel this website is a waste of time, I'll leave this as your whiny last post.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

butterdogpoppy

Post by butterdogpoppy » Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:59 pm

Hi

I just received letter of approval for my PR application today! I am the most happy person in the world.

PRs are granted to my family members too and I am required to do some health check such as HIV but it was never requested before for my EP.

Thank you all for your feedback!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:06 pm

butterdogpoppy wrote:Hi

I just received letter of approval for my PR application today! I am the most happy person in the world.

PRs are granted to my family members too and I am required to do some health check such as HIV but it was never requested before for my EP.

Congratulations. :D

Now you can relax and just go through the requested procedures. The biggest hurdle is already over.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 18 Oct 2012 9:32 am

the lynx wrote:

Congratulations. :D

Now you can relax and just go through the requested procedures. The biggest hurdle is already over.
Unless he likes to play play in Batam :cool:

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/internat ... als/546190

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 18 Oct 2012 2:21 pm

Congratulations, but by obliterating most of your earlier posts you have made this thread less helpful to others who may be in a similar position in the future.
Be careful what you wish for

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 18 Oct 2012 3:18 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:

Congratulations, but by obliterating most of your earlier posts you have made this thread less helpful to others who may be in a similar position in the future.
WTH, I just realised he did that!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Oct 2012 3:22 pm

Another A**hole taker. His account has been locked but guess what! I'm in luck, as I caught it before the bots removed the cached page. Although too late for a couple short ones on the second page. :mad:

edited to add:

Nope! Got 'em all. Yahoo still had page 2 cached. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mmddyy

Thanks for more sharing

Post by mmddyy » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 9:02 pm

Hi Butterdogpoppy,
First, congrates to your approval.
All my family members are very keen to stay in Singapore and were planning housing and etc, but, unfortunately I also got a similar dreaded rejected letter after 4 months waiting.
Could you share more information with me?
I learned from your posts that you'd got such letter on May 2012, but got this approval letter on Oct, 2012. It means that your waiting time should be less than a few months. When did you apply? What kind of improvement did you provide to get such big difference?
Your case is a kind of encouragement for me, and I need these information for my next application.
Thanks a lot.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 9:22 pm

mmddyy, if you were rejected, it doesn't really surprise me.

Why? Because you didn't bother to read the whole thread. Had you done so, you would have known that the original poster is no longer able to post here as he has been banned for deleting all the text from his posts, thereby causing the thread to be rendered useless as a reference tool for any newbies to the board. Only by our moderator's speedy intervention and some luck with search engines and cached pages, they were able to restore it after his account was locked.

You obviously haven't read enough threads here as you found one thread that said something that you like but unfortunately, the majority of threads here have NOT turned out like our abuser, Butterdogpoppycrap.

mmddyy

Post by mmddyy » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 9:35 pm

Hi SMS,
Thanks for this quick response. You are right that I didn't check all the threads here. Just got the rejected letter, with a kind of sadness. Hope you can understand.
If through viewing of threads here are related to the approval, I should ought to do that.
I would not act the same thing (deleting posts) for sure. I should be a freshman to post something on the threads and don't even know that I can delete the post.
Will try to check other threads. Appreciated if you can provide some suggestions.

Bests.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:mmddyy, if you were rejected, it doesn't really surprise me.

Why? Because you didn't bother to read the whole thread. Had you done so, you would have known that the original poster is no longer able to post here as he has been banned for deleting all the text from his posts, thereby causing the thread to be rendered useless as a reference tool for any newbies to the board. Only by our moderator's speedy intervention and some luck with search engines and cached pages, they were able to restore it after his account was locked.

You obviously haven't read enough threads here as you found one thread that said something that you like but unfortunately, the majority of threads here have NOT turned out like our abuser, Butterdogpoppycrap.