Singapore Expats

Where to buy fans

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 9:00 pm

As he's a newbie and just got his 5 posts, I doubt we'll see any answer here. :mad:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

max-89jw

Post by max-89jw » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:04 pm

QRM wrote:
max-89jw wrote:I got mine at jurong west, the shops that was near to jurong swimming complex and the nearest mrt station might be chinese garden. But I am not sure whether you will like the design, but I saw some shops in Balestier and they have plenty shops selling fans that you might be interested in :)
you got a wet rated fan?
I don't think it's wet rated fan, just google what's wet rated and it seems pretty awesome, cause I lived in bristol and don't really use fan there so this is my first time using ceiling fan.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:21 pm

That's as good as not responding at all. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

max-89jw

Post by max-89jw » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's as good as not responding at all. :roll:
Sorry, didn't really know much to help.. :(

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Tue, 16 Oct 2012 9:36 am

max-89jw wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's as good as not responding at all. :roll:
Sorry, didn't really know much to help.. :(
Thats the sort of "Blur" answer I was getting with the local shop..

I checked out the local agent, I still dont get it here, they will charge a bit more than double the amount it would cost me if I brought one in myself. They don't carry stock so will have import it anyway. They guy said if I bring one in myself there is no warranty. I can bring 2 in, one for a just in case back up and will still have change!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Oct 2012 9:49 am

The only real problem I see is shipping. You could probably fly to australia and pick it up during a short holiday and pay excess baggage charges than shipping from Australia (bloody high postal rates). Assuming, that is, that the outfit in Australia will ship overseas in the first place.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:10 am

Oz bunch has been really good, even offering a basic warranty, they will cover the cost of a local repair!

I can just get someone to hop on an a special promo budget airline flight and pick it up have dinner and come back that evening. :lol: