Singapore Expats

International Schools in Singapore with AP program

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
Ms. Smiley

International Schools in Singapore with AP program

Post by Ms. Smiley » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:19 pm

Would anyone please advise what International Schools in Singapore offer AP program? As far as I know: Stamford & SAS (can't afford); International Community School. Any other schools do you know? It seems that IB program is more popular here.

Thank you
Last edited by Ms. Smiley on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Re: International Schools in Singapore with AP program

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:27 am

Ms. Smiley wrote:Would anyone please advise what International Schools in Singapore offer AP program? As far as I know: Stamford & SAS (can't afford); International Community School (affordable but this is a christian school). Any other schools do you know? It seems that IB program is more popular here.

Thank you
Canadian and OFS do as well. Don't discount ICS - it's a good school. (THINK about who you offend next time with your religious bigotry please or you will not be in Singapore very long).
Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:13 pm

I don't think it's bigotry, but personal preference, that's all. :???: I'm not a bigot, but I doubtI would have sent my children to a Madrasah unless I was Muslim.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Ms. Smiley

Post by Ms. Smiley » Sun, 14 Oct 2012 1:32 pm

Dear offshoreoildude,

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry for my writing making you think I have religious bigotry. We are Buddhist oriented and I am open to learn from other religions, but I am not sure about children... if the approaching way is not good, they may turn to hate God, that was my concern.

Thanks sundaymorningstaple for your helpful links and thanks other friends for sending me messages in my inbox. I am not allowed to reply from there! :D

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 14 Oct 2012 1:36 pm

ICS - for those who don't know - is a multi denominational Christian oriented school that offers discounted rates to missionaries and pastor's families. The school is obviously Christian centric. I would not consider it's level of indoctrination to be on par with a convent but closer to that (bit higher than that) of a typical British or Australian church affiliated school. There are plenty of buddhists who send their kids to St Andrews or other Singapore church affiliated schools BTW.
Now I'm called PNGMK