Singapore Expats

Childs bed - long shot!

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 3:03 pm

Who's Dora?

I have a 5 year old grand-niece living with me and all she does is watch all the music reality shows and other programs with dancing in it. Never heard of Dora.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 3:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Who's Dora?

I have a 5 year old grand-niece living with me and all she does is watch all the music reality shows and other programs with dancing in it. Never heard of Dora.

Little brother has been watching since young. I swear I picked up gibberish Spanish from that show.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 3:40 pm

Google Dora the Explorer and you will get all the info you need on the little treasure :-)

Lynx, thats funny I am having have the same Spanish experience!!!

Wife has made a decision, one suggested here. We buy a generic 'Princess' themed bed and give it the Dora treatment. Off out to buy tomorrow :D

cw1483
Regular
Regular

Post by cw1483 » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 4:11 pm

If you are just looking for Bedding (sheets, pillow cases, etc), I did see Dora sheets at Courts (in Tampines). I didn't know they even sell bedding until my toddler asked to buy it.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 12 Oct 2012 5:02 pm

Steve1960 wrote:Google Dora the Explorer and you will get all the info you need on the little treasure :-)

Lynx, thats funny I am having have the same Spanish experience!!!

Wife has made a decision, one suggested here. We buy a generic 'Princess' themed bed and give it the Dora treatment. Off out to buy tomorrow :D
It's funnier that children are learning Spanish from the show and won't be able to use it. I just thought that Ni Hao, Kai Lan* would be more practical.

Then again, when I was a wee toddler in the Philippines, I learned Spanish from Sesame Street.

*I live with a family with a five year old
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:14 am

Reminds me. We have an office in Israel and it intrigued me that so many people could speak Spanish, mainly the young women. Seems they adore a TV series (crying, fighting, drama you know the kind of thing!) which is broadcast in Spanish and that is where they are picking up the language!

Well Saturday we bought a 'Princess' bed in pink with lots of space for Dora stickers. Just need to find some stickers now!

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 3:57 pm

Just to let you know we bought a generic princess bed in pink then found a book store which sold Dora the explorer stickers. I decorated the bed and when my daughter saw it she was over the moon. It must have taken her 15 minutes kissing each and every one of the Dora stickers :-)

Thanks to all for the advice, happy 2 year old on her Birthday.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 3:59 pm

Apologies forgot that I already posted about the bed purchase!

If anyone wants to know where we got the Dora stickers just ask. I don't think I am supposed to post the names of companies in the open forum right?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Nov 2012 4:41 pm

Sure you can post. We encourage recommendations, complete with names, addresses, contacts numbers, websites, etc., etc. if you so desire!

What we don't allow it recommending a site/business/service in which you have a financial interest in. Then it's not a recommendation, but rather an advertisement. Big difference between advertising and recommending something that you have successfully used and would use again. ;-) In fact, there are a lot of commercial links on my link page in my signature that people on this board have used at one time or another with success and I've consolidated a lot of them there, adding and subtracting as necessary as time goes by and bouquets and brickbats come in........ :-)

We also don't allow the posting of real estate agents / companies for the obvious reason. We are being hosted by a real estate portal entirely at their expense. They don't allow Honda salesmen on their Mercedes showroom floor, and rightly so. ;-)

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers