Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Shuin

Re: How many times have you tried for SIA interview?

Post by Shuin » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 2:40 am

Samandai wrote:The first time I tried was on 4 Aug, I failed in the first round.

I tried again on 22 Sep, I failed in the third round.

I feel like trying for 1 Dec, but afraid of disappointment again.

Has any of you tried more than twice and got in?

I've heard that some girls got in after trying for 4-5 times though...
i've failed twice on 1st round, once on 3rd round and finally make it through on my 4th attempt :) so if you really want it.. keep trying :)

heydelilah

Post by heydelilah » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 11:09 am

hello swanlake.can i get this right, what you mean by sharing is i have to purchase it at a very cheap price?ELxt is offering me at $10 for e whole manual.i thot by sharing is complimentary?...

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:27 pm

heydelilah wrote:hello swanlake.can i get this right, what you mean by sharing is i have to purchase it at a very cheap price?ELxt is offering me at $10 for e whole manual.i thot by sharing is complimentary?...
Hey heydelilah, (haha sounds funny)

First and foremost let me say that I do not endorse and support this form of action: selling to people to recoup investement, for a simple fact that it's simply not your work. It can get you into legal issues.

ELxt finally emailed me but her intent was different from what I expected: she wanted not to share the manual (aka, we put our money together to buy the latest edition of whichever manual) but to charge me for it. She offered it for S$10 as well.

Silence on my part clearly meant that was a friendly decline. I am for PAYING Kristine or Luke, and sharing with people means we all PAY THE RIGHT PERSON/PEOPLE. Not selling amongst ourselves.

Anyway so far I only got 1 official interested sharer that is willing to share and buy the new edition that is 'Sharis' (not sure what her/his forum nick is. So question is do you want to pay people who actually contributed to the work? Or random folks who wants to first recoup their initial investment, then very possibly making a profit themselves off other's work?

With that said, not everyone is willing to share it for free. And even if there are any of those here who would share it for free, the offer doesn't extend to everyone simply because the barrier between members wasn't first broken down via exchanging of emails/text/social media etc. In short: what makes a person so deserving to get free stuffs? (I am sure already some here would agree and know immediately what I am talking about)

Ck Fong

Anyone still waiting for call?

Post by Ck Fong » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:41 pm

Anyone still waiting for call?

jayina

Post by jayina » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:46 pm

Swanlake wrote: I've to wait for jayina to email me her interest too. email me so I can add you to list too! Unless you need it very urgently...
Hey, did you pm me? i did not receive anything. anyway, i think i am more inclined to taking luke's version, afterall he works behind the scene before (as a interviewer) while kristine was only a cabin crew with SIA (she might be able to give an insight on the questions asked etc but i don't think she knows exactly what the airline is looking for, no?). no offence intended.

does anybody wants to share luke's version? my last interview with SIA was dated wayyyyyyyy back and I need to refresh my memory on the interview.

heydelilah

Post by heydelilah » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 1:38 pm

i think im going to ask ard my friends n families first regarding me being an airstewardess.and dec is kinda early for me to go so im not really in the rush to get the manual.
i think luke is more experienced and hence his talks would be more worth it, juz my opinion.

fathileo
Regular
Regular

Post by fathileo » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 1:42 pm

@ jayina
i agree with you. i believe Luke has more capability to guide candidates through interviews.
Last edited by fathileo on Tue, 09 Oct 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samandai

SIA cabin manual

Post by Samandai » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 5:49 pm

I have Kristine's version, the information is quite useful... but to be honest I feel that at the end of the day, it's really depend on how you present yourself and also your luck. I know people who got in SQ without buying any manual, they went there and just act like themselves. If the interviewers like your face, I guess you talk rubbish they will also accept you lol. Also, there were 2 girls I know, one of them got the debate session during management round, and she failed... and the other girl didn't get any debate session at all, and she passed and now going for the training already! Lucky lor :P

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 5:52 pm

@fathileo, would you mind to forward me the manual too? I'm planning to go for the interview on 1st dec... Really anxious because it's my first time :O
fathileo wrote:@ swanlake

i'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
i'm just saying on behalf of her.

she bought the manual but she didn't made it after 4 times so she felt bitter about it.

i don't mind forwarding to you the whole stack of it, cause i'm not for any profit or anything.

the manual doesnt benefit me anymore now.

even we're strangers, i believe by sharing with you from myself,
i feel satisfied.

not too sure if its the latest edition but we have nothing to lose.
shall i forward to you via email? (:

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 5:57 pm

Hi guys, I've been a silent reader of this forum :) I've been thinking of going for the interview since about July this year and I think i'm gonna try for the one in dec.. However, I have certain doubts.. My teeth are quite yellow :( Do they accept it? also, I'm graduating from poly next may. But my exams would end about feb.. I have a friend who graduated from SP this year may too but she graduated from her trng this july, so that means she started trng about april. So it's ok if i go for interview this dec, right?

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 7:57 pm

frued wrote:Hi guys, I've been a silent reader of this forum :) I've been thinking of going for the interview since about July this year and I think i'm gonna try for the one in dec.. However, I have certain doubts.. My teeth are quite yellow :( Do they accept it? also, I'm graduating from poly next may. But my exams would end about feb.. I have a friend who graduated from SP this year may too but she graduated from her trng this july, so that means she started trng about april. So it's ok if i go for interview this dec, right?
Hello there! Welcome to our convo! Hmm...how yellow is yellow? I've a very reliable source that said too yellow (like heavy smoker types) will warrant an immediate failure upon their notice. So I hope you don't mean that kind of yellow huh..

Cheers :)

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA cabin manual

Post by xin1993 » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 8:36 pm

@Samandai Hi, thanks for sharing your experience! Looking at your dp, I'm wondering why they didn't pass you in the skin check round. You have the looks to become a SIA CC. Maybe it's not because of your skin? They also check height, weight and certs during this round right? Or did you go at a later time during the recruitments? I heard that they pass more people if you go early. It'll be my first time going this dec and I'm worried already. :-|

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 9:31 pm

xin1993 wrote:@Samandai Hi, thanks for sharing your experience! Looking at your dp, I'm wondering why they didn't pass you in the skin check round. You have the looks to become a SIA CC. Maybe it's not because of your skin? They also check height, weight and certs during this round right? Or did you go at a later time during the recruitments? I heard that they pass more people if you go early. It'll be my first time going this dec and I'm worried already. :-|
Haha xin1993, who told you they pass more people who are early?

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 11:09 pm

Haha xin1993, who told you they pass more people who are early?[/quote]

I forgot who but I think I read it from others' experience on the forum and blogs. It makes sense to go early anyway since the interviewers will be tired after a while and might select a smaller group of people to pass each stage. Who knows, they may have a quota hit. So I think it's better to arrive earlier.

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Tue, 09 Oct 2012 9:28 am

Hi xin1993! You're 19 this year too? Me too! Are u a poly student?
xin1993 wrote:@Samandai Hi, thanks for sharing your experience! Looking at your dp, I'm wondering why they didn't pass you in the skin check round. You have the looks to become a SIA CC. Maybe it's not because of your skin? They also check height, weight and certs during this round right? Or did you go at a later time during the recruitments? I heard that they pass more people if you go early. It'll be my first time going this dec and I'm worried already. :-|
:mad: