Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
heydelilah

Post by heydelilah » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 2:40 pm

yah u r right.mayb i ask ard hw isit like to b a stewardess first.but i know SIA very tough to get in right?

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 2:47 pm

heydelilah wrote:yah u r right.mayb i ask ard hw isit like to b a stewardess first.but i know SIA very tough to get in right?
I've pmed you! Check your inbox! ^^

heydelilah

Post by heydelilah » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 2:49 pm

sorry i cnt reply,maybe im stil new n need more posts. :(

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 2:53 pm

heydelilah wrote:sorry i cnt reply,maybe im stil new n need more posts. :(
It's alright. I just realised that too since I'm still a new user here. Do read Kristine's blog since the information is already there. :)

heydelilah

Post by heydelilah » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 2:57 pm

hehe^^yeap will do.
anyone out there who has been to the interview before?care to share your experience pls?thnkz..

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 4:51 pm

Yes I do not mind if people share my e guides with others but selling them would definitely displease me. It is only ethical that one should not reproduce the original and sell them to make a profit.
I do not think my guide or talks are expensive considering the returns one gets on being recruited by the airlines. It is your choice anyway. :o

ELxt

Post by ELxt » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 6:43 pm

jayina wrote:Faithileo: heyya, can you pm me with the details too? Thanks!

Elxt: let me know if you are getting luke's manual. Perhaps we can share.
Swanlake wrote:
ELxt wrote:
Swanlake wrote:@ELxt

Hey don't mind telling me how many people sharing? I am considering getting one too. :)
Hi! (: Im not sure... Would you mind giving me your email add? I'll email you the informations.
Can't PM you as well! You can reach me at [email protected]

Hi jayina, i PM-ed you alr!
And for Swanlake, i emailed you.

(:

heydelilah

Post by heydelilah » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 8:03 pm

hello swanlake,jayina,ELxt, are you sharing up to get kristine's manual?

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 9:00 pm

fathileo wrote:@ swanlake

i'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
i'm just saying on behalf of her.

she bought the manual but she didn't made it after 4 times so she felt bitter about it.

i don't mind forwarding to you the whole stack of it, cause i'm not for any profit or anything.

the manual doesnt benefit me anymore now.

even we're strangers, i believe by sharing with you from myself,
i feel satisfied.

not too sure if its the latest edition but we have nothing to lose.
shall i forward to you via email? (:
Hey Leo,

Thanks for clarifying. (And thanks for the PM) Since you replied very gentlemanly and diplomatically, I will take what you say now at face value. That you're now helping out of your own will, and do not in any way represent your friend anymore.

Anyway 4 times x_x... so she bought the manual like 6 months ago or longer right? edit: Okay Luke just gave permission to share too. So he stands equal with Kristine about sharing :D
Last edited by Swanlake on Sun, 07 Oct 2012 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 9:02 pm

heydelilah wrote:hello swanlake,jayina,ELxt, are you sharing up to get kristine's manual?
I've to wait for jayina to email me her interest too. email me so I can add you to list too! Unless you need it very urgently...

Samandai

How many times have you tried for SIA interview?

Post by Samandai » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 9:29 pm

The first time I tried was on 4 Aug, I failed in the first round.

I tried again on 22 Sep, I failed in the third round.

I feel like trying for 1 Dec, but afraid of disappointment again.

Has any of you tried more than twice and got in?

I've heard that some girls got in after trying for 4-5 times though...

Swanlake

Re: How many times have you tried for SIA interview?

Post by Swanlake » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 10:12 pm

Samandai wrote:The first time I tried was on 4 Aug, I failed in the first round.

I think there was one who tried 17 times...and got in. So it all boils down to whether you really want it or not. :)

3rd round = 1 to 1 interview? What did the interviewer ask you and how did you reply? Kindly share with the rest?

Samandai

Post by Samandai » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 10:30 pm

Swanlake wrote:
Samandai wrote:The first time I tried was on 4 Aug, I failed in the first round.

I think there was one who tried 17 times...and got in. So it all boils down to whether you really want it or not. :)

3rd round = 1 to 1 interview? What did the interviewer ask you and how did you reply? Kindly share with the rest?

Oops, maybe that was second round lol, because after the first round, we were brought back to the hall for height, weight and certs verification. Then came back after lunch time to another room for skin check, so I thought that was round three...? Someone I know from my group made it to the one-to-one interview, she was asked with questions like, why do you wanna be cabin crew? what do you know about SIA? etc... she said it was stressful. I also heard that the game round has been taken out.

And WOW, 17 times?! Kudos to whoever that person is, it takes a lot of courage to do that!

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 11:05 pm

Samandai wrote:
Swanlake wrote:

Oops, maybe that was second round lol, because after the first round, we were brought back to the hall for height, weight and certs verification. Then came back after lunch time to another room for skin check, so I thought that was round three...? Someone I know from my group made it to the one-to-one interview, she was asked with questions like, why do you wanna be cabin crew? what do you know about SIA? etc... she said it was stressful. I also heard that the game round has been taken out.

And WOW, 17 times?! Kudos to whoever that person is, it takes a lot of courage to do that!
Oh dear, if it's skin round that got you out it's scary. Did you know what they fail you for in particular? If your DP is you, then your complexion is actually very good...

Indeed, it takes a lot of courage and a rock soild never-give-up attitude.

Samandai

Post by Samandai » Sun, 07 Oct 2012 11:37 pm

Swanlake wrote:
Samandai wrote:
Swanlake wrote: I think there was one who tried 17 times...and got in. So it all boils down to whether you really want it or not. :)

Oh dear, if it's skin round that got you out it's scary. Did you know what they fail you for in particular? If your DP is you, then your complexion is actually very good...

Indeed, it takes a lot of courage and a rock soild never-give-up attitude.
Yup the dp is me... but the fact is that a lot of girls from my skin check group got kicked out, and all of them have ok-good complexion. So we were like thinking, either we are unlucky, or they just needed to slash out 3/4 of girls so that the one-to-one interview won't be so hectic for the interviewers lol.