Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:46 am

whitepetals wrote:height measurement is done using the height and weight machine. any attempt to use a bun to increase height will be futile cos they will press it all the way down. next, they may or may not ask u to reach for a tape marking on the wall from a certain distance (shd be approx abt 1.5feet away from the wall). no shoes to be worn, tip toe is allowed.

pitholes and stuff.. u might wanna consider going for laser treatment? but do consider properly.. do it for urself and not for the job. honestly lots of crew dont have perfect skin. i don't. drink lots of water and have a strict facial regime, and mask often :) i remember before i went for the interview on that morning itself i woke up early to put a mask and relax before i continued with my skincare and makeup. to me i think a hydrating mask really boosts my skin before a big day :) can try to see if it works.. doesn't matter if you're a woman or a man. if u don't wanna look too pretty (if u're a guy) can jus apply those masks that are hydrating with no whitening effects :)
Hi! Thanks for the advice! I don't have perfect skin but my pimples are not obvious and I can cover it with make-up. Since I don't usually wear make-up, I'm wondering how much make-up you have to put on for the interview? Are foundation and concealer enough?

jayina

Post by jayina » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:35 pm

Does anybody wants to share cost for the manual by Luke?
By the way, SIA is recruiting again on 1st December at Sheraton Towers. :)

jayina

Post by jayina » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 6:34 pm

Hi guys, can i check with anyone who has been through the medical rounds, do we have to take off our shoes during the spine xray? I have scoliosis and my chiropractor advises me to wear heel lift which will aid with my scoliosis tremendously (but that is if i have my heel lift on). That will affect my chances right? Also, presumely i went for an xray 1 wk before i go for the medical checkup, can i tell the doctor that i have already taken an xray for my spine and with that i dont have to go for another round of xray with them?

Disclaimer: i know you guys will tell me not to count my chicken before it hatches, but i want to do some research here and perhaps discuss with my chiropractor what are the possible degrees of my curvature if i am to go for the xray without heel lift. I went for the previous one and got booted out at the medical stage. And please pardon my sentence construction or spelling. I am typing this on my phone.

ELxt

Post by ELxt » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 6:49 pm

[quote="jayina"]Does anybody wants to share cost for the manual by Luke?
By the way, SIA is recruiting again on 1st December at Sheraton Towers. :)[/quote]

Hi! (: Is the manual good?

jayina

Post by jayina » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 7:52 pm

Elxt : heyya! I've got no idea if it's good but luke was an ex interviewer for SIA so he knows what kind.of qualities they are looking at.

Yoyobin: i cant reply to your pm because of my post count. Can you pm me your email address instead?
Last edited by jayina on Thu, 04 Oct 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:38 pm

Ops I was suppose to reply to yoyobin but read wrongly and addressed it to someone else. Anyway how do you guys quote people? I press quote but I don't know how to make it look like it was said by that person. Empty quote.

@yoyobin: No problem :)

@Elxt: I personally think both Luke's and Kristine's manual are the best you can find anywhere with regards to SIA recruitment preparation.

Anyway, if you can afford, try to go for Luke's talk. He seems to be very generous with his tips (haha for the price better be lah), he said that even after his talk is over can still sit down elsewhere have a drink and talk more. Which is very nice of him really. Not everyone so free to entertain wannabes. You know la..

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:05 pm

@yoyobin

mm how should i put it. most of us do not have flawless skin. in fact, only a small handful have it. i have pitholes on my cheeks as well. whiteheads too. but they are not major i.e. it can be covered up with light makeup. most crew have issues like these... so in a nutshell.. as long as ur scarring is not severe and acne is not those big red cystic ones u shd be fine. don't worry ya? :)

@xin1993

yes i went for the interview with very light makeup (dab a little bit of liquid foundation all over and pat loose powder) and just a little bit of concealer to brighten my eyes. i had small pimples during the interview day too.. but before the interview i did a hydrating mask to cool my skin so it doesn't look red.. MBD masks works well for me :) good skin doesn't come easy so i would suggest taking good care of your skin from now till the big day. lots and lots of water, strict facial regime, try to sleep early and mask often! :)

hope that helps! :)

ELxt

Post by ELxt » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:30 pm

Is luke's manual or kristine's manual better? :o I wanted to get one only. Too expensive to get both...

ELxt

Post by ELxt » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:37 pm

fathileo wrote:Congrats to All who made it through the final round of the 22nd sept interview!

Need not worry, the waiting time is really nerve-wrecking.
As long as you have no medical condition, the medical review should be a breeze and soon enough you'll get the call!

Always stay close to your phone and update one another about the call.
They usually call at one shot, if not, twice.

GOOD LUCK! (:

Hi! I saw your message in the inbox. I cant reply you. ): Can you email me instead? [email protected] Thanks!

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Thu, 04 Oct 2012 9:36 am

ELxt wrote:Is luke's manual or kristine's manual better? :o I wanted to get one only. Too expensive to get both...
It really depends on you. I'm getting Kristine's manual because I think that she is more up-to-date with the current interview process than Luke. Kristine's blog is also more informational than Luke's as it reveals more about the interview process. But that's just my opinion. Not to mention that Luke's fees are much more expensive than Kristine's and students like me find it hard to afford.

fathileo
Regular
Regular

Post by fathileo » Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:06 pm

@ whitepetals

hello! are you currently SIA cabin crew? (:

ELxt

Post by ELxt » Thu, 04 Oct 2012 5:40 pm

xin1993 wrote:
ELxt wrote:Is luke's manual or kristine's manual better? :o I wanted to get one only. Too expensive to get both...
It really depends on you. I'm getting Kristine's manual because I think that she is more up-to-date with the current interview process than Luke. Kristine's blog is also more informational than Luke's as it reveals more about the interview process. But that's just my opinion. Not to mention that Luke's fees are much more expensive than Kristine's and students like me find it hard to afford.

Yeah, true. Thanks! I will buy kristine's manual instead. (:

fathileo
Regular
Regular

Post by fathileo » Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:17 am

@ ELxt

heyya, i pm-ed you and emailed you already! (:

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Fri, 05 Oct 2012 9:07 pm

Hmm hey all,

Anyway what face mask is good?

Online can buy overseas brand too but anyone got any good ones to recommend that don't cost a bomb?

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Fri, 05 Oct 2012 9:09 pm

@ELxt

Hey don't mind telling me how many people sharing? I am considering getting one too. :)