Singapore Expats

PEP Application - A few questions

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sol79

PEP Application - A few questions

Post by sol79 » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:21 am

Hi all,

I am planning on applying for a PEP and then relocating to Singapore. I was wondering if any of you who have been through this process could answer a few questions.

Current country of residence: UK
Country ot citizenship: India
Monthly salary: 8200 SGD (Before tax and based on today's exchange rate)
Work experience: 8 years in IT consulting (SAP)

I have the following questions:

1. Can I apply for a PEP in the UK and then move to Singapore at a convenient date?
2. Will not having a job offer in Singapore at the time of applying impact my application?
3. If the application is successful, is there a time-frame within which I need to move there?
4. The application form seems to be very concise compared to those of other countries. Is there more to it, for example, a covering letter?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Sol

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: PEP Application - A few questions

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:27 am

sol79 wrote:Hi all,

I am planning on applying for a PEP and then relocating to Singapore. I was wondering if any of you who have been through this process could answer a few questions.

Current country of residence: UK
Country ot citizenship: India
Monthly salary: 8200 SGD (Before tax and based on today's exchange rate)
Work experience: 8 years in IT consulting (SAP)

I have the following questions:

1. Can I apply for a PEP in the UK and then move to Singapore at a convenient date?

Yes

2. Will not having a job offer in Singapore at the time of applying impact my application?

Usually, No

3. If the application is successful, is there a time-frame within which I need to move there?

You need a job within 6 months of the collection of your PEP or it will be cancelled. You will need to pick it up within 90 days.

4. The application form seems to be very concise compared to those of other countries. Is there more to it, for example, a covering letter?

No. If they want additional documentation they will ask for it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Sol