Singapore Expats

Any freelance make-up artists here?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
peaberry

Any freelance make-up artists here?

Post by peaberry » Mon, 16 May 2005 2:27 am

Just wanted to ask if any freelance make-up artists here conduct 1-to-1 make-up courses and what the fees are like! PM me as I am interested, though I am on a student budget... Many thanks! :wink:

jaslcare

Re: Any freelance make-up artists here?

Post by jaslcare » Mon, 16 May 2005 4:56 pm

peaberry wrote:Just wanted to ask if any freelance make-up artists here conduct 1-to-1 make-up courses and what the fees are like! PM me as I am interested, though I am on a student budget... Many thanks! :wink:
Hi, i'm one of them. U may consider taking up courses from THE SCHOOL OF MAKE-UP. It's a good school. They sent you out to do make up while on course.

peaberry

Post by peaberry » Tue, 17 May 2005 12:53 am

jaslcare wrote:
peaberry wrote:Just wanted to ask if any freelance make-up artists here conduct 1-to-1 make-up courses and what the fees are like! PM me as I am interested, though I am on a student budget... Many thanks! :wink:
Hi, i'm one of them. U may consider taking up courses from THE SCHOOL OF MAKE-UP. It's a good school. They sent you out to do make up while on course.
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I was actually referring to personal make-up courses as I am pushing 19 and I don't know how to apply make-up! It's more for myself, not going to earn money from it. But I reckon such schools will have personal courses too... Will check it out, thanks! :)

marrissa_y

Post by marrissa_y » Thu, 26 May 2005 3:26 am

Hi Peaberry,

I'm a freelance make-up consultant. You can reach me at my mobile 9666 5367 to conduct a personal make-up for you. Don't worry about budget! :wink:

stardusta

Post by stardusta » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 7:51 pm

Hi Peaberry,

Try looking for a book called "Making Faces" by Kevin Aucoin

Prion Books Ltd London
1 85375 263 0
Printed in Hong Kong

Kevin Aucoin was one of the makeupartist greats.

This book will teach you step by step all you need to know about a variety of different looks.

just get your makeup & play.

have fun[size=18][/size]

stardusta

Post by stardusta » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 7:53 pm

Sorry spelt the name wrong.....

should be ..... Kevyn Aucoin

good luck :P [size=18][/size]

cherylyn81

choose what u need

Post by cherylyn81 » Sat, 16 Jul 2005 5:24 pm

stardusta wrote:Sorry spelt the name wrong.....

should be ..... Kevyn Aucoin

good luck :P
he is a great make up artist... but his make up not suitable for asian... if u are someone who always need to wear make up, a 1 to 1 basic course will be great. but only for occasion, i rather u get someone over the make up counter to teach u.. not worth it... if u need any advice can give me a call. i'm also a beauty consultant. free advice for u. or email me @ [email protected].