Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
flybabyfly

JUST DO IT !

Post by flybabyfly » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:44 am

for those that are going for the dec interview just go for it i heard they are still mass recruiting ! all the best :)

abilgal
Regular
Regular

Post by abilgal » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:56 am

Hi, im 20 and I'm currently still serving my bond in Silkair. Well dilemma here... I don't know if I should further my studies after my bond or go for SQ. there is a difference between studying at the age of 22 and 25 I guess, 22 I can still enjoy uni campus life but 25 I have to go for the night classes sort. but at the same time I am just wondering if you stand a higher chance when u're a uni grad?

SunshineSheens

Post by SunshineSheens » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 4:13 am

^just a piece of advise. Being a cabin crew is not really a long term career (not unless you really see yourself being a cabin manager and still flying around after 20years) and it's much better if you just finish your schooling and get a degree/diploma.

c--hanel

Post by c--hanel » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 10:02 am

Hi,

anyone know if i have a letter stating that im finishing my diploma?
can i still go for the interview? I do not have any olvl cert.

ytnxoxo

Post by ytnxoxo » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 8:10 pm

Hi!!

I feel like going for the December interview, but I am currently a year 3 poly student graduating next year march (okay the thing is 1st march is the last day & I heard that the graduation ceremony is during april, so I'm not very sure when too -.-). is it okay if I go for it?

And also.. can I know how is the height measurement taken?

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 9:22 pm

ytnxoxo wrote:Hi!!

I feel like going for the December interview, but I am currently a year 3 poly student graduating next year march (okay the thing is 1st march is the last day & I heard that the graduation ceremony is during april, so I'm not very sure when too -.-). is it okay if I go for it?

Hey! I'm graduating in mid February next year and I have no idea when I can get my certificate but I'll be going for the December interview. As long as you have your 5 O'level credits and state that you're graduating soon, you should be fine but they might only wait for you up to 3-6 months for you to hand in your certificate. I'm going to ask my school for a transcript right when I graduate if I'm selected.

I only know they'll measure your height and I don't know what you mean by how. It'll be my first time going in december so I'm not sure. But you're fine if you hit 158cm (female) / 165cm (male).

ytnxoxo

Post by ytnxoxo » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 10:21 pm

xin1993 wrote:

Hey! I'm graduating in mid February next year and I have no idea when I can get my certificate but I'll be going for the December interview. As long as you have your 5 O'level credits and state that you're graduating soon, you should be fine but they might only wait for you up to 3-6 months for you to hand in your certificate. I'm going to ask my school for a transcript right when I graduate if I'm selected.

I only know they'll measure your height and I don't know what you mean by how. It'll be my first time going in december so I'm not sure. But you're fine if you hit 158cm (female) / 165cm (male).
Oh thank you for replying. Are you in Poly too? Or Uni?

Anyway, I read from previous comments that the height measurement is taken by "touch the tape" method? Where they tape the tape a certain height and you have to reach for it.. thing is I am 157.5cm, but I read that some of the girls are 157.5cm but still managed to touch it and they passed the stage.. so ya that's my biggest worry :(

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Mon, 01 Oct 2012 11:05 pm

ytnxoxo wrote:
xin1993 wrote:

Oh thank you for replying. Are you in Poly too? Or Uni?

Anyway, I read from previous comments that the height measurement is taken by "touch the tape" method? Where they tape the tape a certain height and you have to reach for it.. thing is I am 157.5cm, but I read that some of the girls are 157.5cm but still managed to touch it and they passed the stage.. so ya that's my biggest worry :(
I'm studying in MDIS and will be getting my diploma next year. :) Oh, that's risky. In the meanwhile, you might like to stretch more and do some exercise that helps you to gain height. I managed to grow taller by swimming (I think).

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Tue, 02 Oct 2012 10:26 pm

Ladies, if you all have acne scaring, like those potholes... Where do go and cure it?? Any recommendations??

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:27 pm

height measurement is done using the height and weight machine. any attempt to use a bun to increase height will be futile cos they will press it all the way down. next, they may or may not ask u to reach for a tape marking on the wall from a certain distance (shd be approx abt 1.5feet away from the wall). no shoes to be worn, tip toe is allowed.

pitholes and stuff.. u might wanna consider going for laser treatment? but do consider properly.. do it for urself and not for the job. honestly lots of crew dont have perfect skin. i don't. drink lots of water and have a strict facial regime, and mask often :) i remember before i went for the interview on that morning itself i woke up early to put a mask and relax before i continued with my skincare and makeup. to me i think a hydrating mask really boosts my skin before a big day :) can try to see if it works.. doesn't matter if you're a woman or a man. if u don't wanna look too pretty (if u're a guy) can jus apply those masks that are hydrating with no whitening effects :)

Swanlake

Post by Swanlake » Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:29 pm

Ladies, if you all have acne scaring, like those potholes... Where do go and cure it?? Any recommendations??

Dear ytnxoxo,

I highly recommend you to first see a dermatologist at National Skin Centre (NSC). They can give you personalised advice after giving you a good examination.

For a start, if you did not visit NSC before, or did not visit them within one year, then you should first go to a Polyclinic (no private GPs please) and get a referral letter. This is to allow you to enjoy subsidised consultation at NSC. Which can be quite a hefty if you bypass this step. Polyclinic consultation only cost S$10+, please follow my advice for full benefits unless you're feeling generous. I hope this helped :) Cheers.

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:54 am

whitepetals wrote:height measurement is done using the height and weight machine. any attempt to use a bun to increase height will be futile cos they will press it all the way down. next, they may or may not ask u to reach for a tape marking on the wall from a certain distance (shd be approx abt 1.5feet away from the wall). no shoes to be worn, tip toe is allowed.

pitholes and stuff.. u might wanna consider going for laser treatment? but do consider properly.. do it for urself and not for the job. honestly lots of crew dont have perfect skin. i don't. drink lots of water and have a strict facial regime, and mask often :) i remember before i went for the interview on that morning itself i woke up early to put a mask and relax before i continued with my skincare and makeup. to me i think a hydrating mask really boosts my skin before a big day :) can try to see if it works.. doesn't matter if you're a woman or a man. if u don't wanna look too pretty (if u're a guy) can jus apply those masks that are hydrating with no whitening effects :)
Thanks, can you roughly tell mi how are the skin conditions of the crew?? many say need to be flawless and stuff... and true, everytime i went for interview, ladies with slight fault like whiteheads are kicked out...

@swanlake, thanks for ur advice too!

ytnxoxo

Post by ytnxoxo » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 9:36 am

whitepetals wrote:height measurement is done using the height and weight machine. any attempt to use a bun to increase height will be futile cos they will press it all the way down. next, they may or may not ask u to reach for a tape marking on the wall from a certain distance (shd be approx abt 1.5feet away from the wall). no shoes to be worn, tip toe is allowed.
okay noted, thank you so much :)

ytnxoxo

Post by ytnxoxo » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 9:43 am

xin1993 wrote: I'm studying in MDIS and will be getting my diploma next year. :) Oh, that's risky. In the meanwhile, you might like to stretch more and do some exercise that helps you to gain height. I managed to grow taller by swimming (I think).
I seriously wish I grew just 0.5cm taller. It's so near yet so far!:( Anyway are you studying Service Industry related course?

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:40 am

ytnxoxo wrote:
xin1993 wrote: I'm studying in MDIS and will be getting my diploma next year. :) Oh, that's risky. In the meanwhile, you might like to stretch more and do some exercise that helps you to gain height. I managed to grow taller by swimming (I think).
I seriously wish I grew just 0.5cm taller. It's so near yet so far!:( Anyway are you studying Service Industry related course?
It's still possible for you to increase height. I'm assuming you're around the same age as me. I'm turning 19 soon. :) I thought I stopped growing taller since 14 as my height remained the same throughout the years. But I was measured again a few weeks ago and discovered that I grew 2.5cm taller so I'm 171.5cm now. Erm nope, I'm studying fashion but I've worked in F&B and retail since 15 so I hope my working experience helps. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]. ^^