Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
neuyy

Post by neuyy » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 4:45 pm

Hi guys :) anybody here got selected last Sunday?

I already did my medical in Singapore...and they haven't got back to me yet.

Any idea on how long will I have to wait?

Thanks a bunch :D

neuyy

Post by neuyy » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 4:49 pm

pianoplayer wrote:
yujie wrote:hey people, I saw that girls are Booted out even if they have skin problems like this:

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/up ... ggsp02.jpg

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/up ... ggsp11.jpg

Do you really have to be like THIS under light?

http://www.gorgeousworld.net/wp-content ... skin-2.jpg

Thanks if anyone can clarify!!!
hmm it depends on whether you get a strict examiner or not. i had like minor pimples and super bad eye rings and i passed. hee. my friend told me my examiner was e least strict out of the rest so perhaps thats why.

yep..it really depends on the examiner. One of my batchmates has super super flawless skin and she got kicked out. It's not only about the condition of your skin..but the overall impression you give as well
:)

dreamsaw

Post by dreamsaw » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 6:08 pm

hi, anyone knows what will happen if have to go for NS reservist during the 4-month training program? or is there a need to defer the reservist?

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 9:42 pm

neuyy wrote:
pianoplayer wrote:
yujie wrote:hey people, I saw that girls are Booted out even if they have skin problems like this:

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/up ... ggsp02.jpg

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/up ... ggsp11.jpg

Do you really have to be like THIS under light?

http://www.gorgeousworld.net/wp-content ... skin-2.jpg

Thanks if anyone can clarify!!!
hmm it depends on whether you get a strict examiner or not. i had like minor pimples and super bad eye rings and i passed. hee. my friend told me my examiner was e least strict out of the rest so perhaps thats why.

yep..it really depends on the examiner. One of my batchmates has super super flawless skin and she got kicked out. It's not only about the condition of your skin..but the overall impression you give as well
You mentioned, your batch mate... So means she got 'into SQ in the end??

neuyy

Post by neuyy » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 9:46 pm

yoyobin wrote:
neuyy wrote:
pianoplayer wrote: hmm it depends on whether you get a strict examiner or not. i had like minor pimples and super bad eye rings and i passed. hee. my friend told me my examiner was e least strict out of the rest so perhaps thats why.

You mentioned, your batch mate... So means she got 'into SQ in the end??

Ohhh sorry I meant batchmate during the mass interview round

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:34 pm

neuyy wrote:Hi guys :) anybody here got selected last Sunday?

I've went for the medical already and still waiting for them to get back to me too :)

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:36 pm

For those who failed in the skin test this time round, do not give up.. just maintain your skin condition, drink more water, do not touch your face with your bare hand... do more facial mask at home :) you have got another 2 months to improve on your skin. :)

neuyy

Post by neuyy » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:39 pm

Shuin wrote:

I've went for the medical already and still waiting for them to get back to me too :)
Hi there :) I just got an email awhile ago saying I've passed the medical. Hope you'll get one sooon :)

michyeo89

Post by michyeo89 » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:48 pm

neuyy wrote:
Shuin wrote:

Hi there :) I just got an email awhile ago saying I've passed the medical. Hope you'll get one sooon :)
Can I know when you went for your medical? And when was the email sent? I went for my medical on Tuesday late afternoon. I didn't receive anything up till now! :(

neuyy

Post by neuyy » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:18 am

michyeo89 wrote:
neuyy wrote:
Shuin wrote: I've went for the medical already and still waiting for them to get back to me too :)
Can I know when you went for your medical? And when was the email sent? I went for my medical on Tuesday late afternoon. I didn't receive anything up till now! :(
I went for my medical on Tuesday morning and I received the email around 6pm today. Don;t worry, I'm sure you'll get one soon :)

michyeo89

Post by michyeo89 » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:30 am

neuyy wrote:
michyeo89 wrote:
neuyy wrote: Hi there :) I just got an email awhile ago saying I've passed the medical. Hope you'll get one sooon :)

I went for my medical on Tuesday morning and I received the email around 6pm today. Don;t worry, I'm sure you'll get one soon :)
Thanks so much!!! I'm all paranoid now! They didn't call me up for second X-ray and according to the doctor, I'm okay for the rest of the test. Does that mean I'm okay?

neuyy

Post by neuyy » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:34 am

michyeo89 wrote:
neuyy wrote:
michyeo89 wrote:
Thanks so much!!! I'm all paranoid now! They didn't call me up for second X-ray and according to the doctor, I'm okay for the rest of the test. Does that mean I'm okay?

Yep yep..I think you're safe now. Just be patient. They will get back to you soon :)

michyeo89

Post by michyeo89 » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:48 am

neuyy wrote:
michyeo89 wrote:
neuyy wrote: I went for my medical on Tuesday morning and I received the email around 6pm today. Don;t worry, I'm sure you'll get one soon :)

Yep yep..I think you're safe now. Just be patient. They will get back to you soon :)
Could you pm me your no. pls? I can't pm! Lol... Or email me at [email protected] :))

neuyy

Post by neuyy » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 1:53 pm

michyeo89 wrote:
neuyy wrote:
michyeo89 wrote: Thanks so much!!! I'm all paranoid now! They didn't call me up for second X-ray and according to the doctor, I'm okay for the rest of the test. Does that mean I'm okay?

Could you pm me your no. pls? I can't pm! Lol... Or email me at [email protected] :))
pm sent!

fathileo
Regular
Regular

Post by fathileo » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 2:24 pm

@ dreamsaw

from what i know, you have to go for the reservist as protecting the nation comes first (:

not too sure what will happen if it disrupts your training.
for some, they already know they have reservist after the training date was given and was told that SIA have to postpone the training date after the reservist period has completed.

anyway, when will you be starting your training?