Singapore Expats

S-Pass Approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nomhe

S-Pass Approved

Post by nomhe » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:07 pm

Hello All Experts - Please help me in 2 questions:

1 -My S-Pass approved for 24 months (on IPA).
When I got the card - it is only for 17 months, checked all details and found it is associated with Passport validity, please help me is there any way I can get my complete 24 months what are already approved (like if I renew my passport now or any other way).

2 - On S-Pass I dont find any FIN #. and PR Appointment says
https://eappointment.ica.gov.sg/ibook/index.do
Applicant must have Sponsor's NRIC / Applicant's FIN? Please help how to book appointment with S-Pass under PTS scheme?

Appreciate and welcome your response....

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: S-Pass Approved

Post by the lynx » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:25 pm

nomhe wrote:Hello All Experts - Please help me in 2 questions:

1 -My S-Pass approved for 24 months (on IPA).
When I got the card - it is only for 17 months, checked all details and found it is associated with Passport validity, please help me is there any way I can get my complete 24 months what are already approved (like if I renew my passport now or any other way).

2 - On S-Pass I dont find any FIN #. and PR Appointment says
https://eappointment.ica.gov.sg/ibook/index.do
Applicant must have Sponsor's NRIC / Applicant's FIN? Please help how to book appointment with S-Pass under PTS scheme?

Appreciate and welcome your response....
for number 2:

Are you sure you looked at your S Pass card properly? It is stated clearly at the back of your S Pass, under your DOB.

And you just got your S Pass and you already want to apply for PR? Wow... just wow.

Greenry82

Post by Greenry82 » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:03 pm

The Lynx - Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I have been working in Singapore for almost three years.

Previously got EP twice, now upon renewal of EP MOM given S-Pass only. (Still I am thankful to MOM).

My both previous two EP cards were having FIN # on front, when I got this S-pass for 17 months only instead of 24 approved months really shocked and forget everything (mind blur oredy)

mabo mabo returned home just now a bit relaxed - yes now got FIN number on back (I only saw the front side as it used to be my both EPs, sorry).

now I just wait for advice of experts on my first request...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:21 pm

You are stuck with 17 months. Cannot be changed as it's based on your passport. You cannot renew your passport until it's less than 6 months before expire (or most country are anyway. Check your embassy to find out for sure). It really doesn't matter does it? Be thankful you got 17 months. some are only getting 12 months. Better yet go rock the boat and maybe they will reject it and send you home.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Greenry82

Post by Greenry82 » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks SMS for your kind reply.

As I mentioned - I am still thankful to MOM for granting 17 months.

now I request further help from you expert mates:

1- When six months validity left on passport next year > and I renew it > will it have any impact on current S-Pass? (as S-Pass is associated with current passport)

2- If I apply PR will this validity impact as passport is having less validity (I understand REP will be for 5 year and I have only 1.5 y on passport? (not so sure but just a thought which want to clear)

Looking for advice of all experts of this forum.

Thanks in advance for your time and active participation of your help.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:55 pm

Greenry82 wrote:Thanks SMS for your kind reply.

As I mentioned - I am still thankful to MOM for granting 17 months.

now I request further help from you expert mates:

1- When six months validity left on passport next year > and I renew it > will it have any impact on current S-Pass? (as S-Pass is associated with current passport)

No. We have them renewing all the time. Just have to notify MOM when you receive the new passport

2- If I apply PR will this validity impact as passport is having less validity (I understand REP will be for 5 year and I have only 1.5 y on passport? (not so sure but just a thought which want to clear)

No. But getting PR is the least of your worries. Just need to inform ICA when new passport is issued.

Looking for advice of all experts of this forum.

Thanks in advance for your time and active participation of your help.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 4:39 pm

And thanks to the OP for bringing this up as I also didnt know that EP validity is tied to passport validity.
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 4:59 pm

revhappy wrote:And thanks to the OP for bringing this up as I also didnt know that EP validity is tied to passport validity. :)
For my case, when I renewed my passport, I just informed MOM via our HR and it was easy-peasy. New passport info associated with EP. I don't recall tying EP validity to my passport expiry.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 5:04 pm

nakatago wrote:
revhappy wrote:And thanks to the OP for bringing this up as I also didnt know that EP validity is tied to passport validity. :)
For my case, when I renewed my passport, I just informed MOM via our HR and it was easy-peasy. New passport info associated with EP. I don't recall tying EP validity to my passport expiry.
Does it mean that you were issued a full 24/36-month EP even though your passport used to apply it has shorter validity?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 5:14 pm

the lynx wrote:
nakatago wrote:
Does it mean that you were issued a full 24/36-month EP even though your passport used to apply it has shorter validity?
Passport would've expired on Jan 2012. EP's to expire Nov 2012 (renewed in Sept 2010).
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Greenry82

Post by Greenry82 » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:30 pm

RevHappy - Thanks for participation, you provided useful info.

SMS, just wanted to mention, I believe most countries should allow you to renew your passport like less than 1 yr before expiry(India does that).

Yes, just to add 2 cents, read on ICA web, Singapore allow renewal when at least 9 months are left.

Renewing passport 6 months to expiry is too late, as most country dont allow you to travel with less than 6 months validity remaining.

I know this is Off the topic, but just wanted to mention for the sake of other readers. Thanks Appreciate your info

And thanks to the OP for bringing this up as I also didnt know that EP validity is tied to passport validity.

Yup - I also didn't know this and was very happy wow 24 approved but they give 17, anyways thanks to MOM at least they approved.

One More info for readers; my passport was having 18 months left, MOM keep 1 month reserve for formalities and give 17 months.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:13 pm

nakatago wrote:
From the MOM website:
From 1 May 2012, MOM will no longer transfer the Employment Pass (EP) endorsement when the EP holder obtained a new travel document/passport. Instead, the pass holder will need to replace the Disembarkation/Embarkation card (Green Card) with a Long Term Pass (LTP) card at the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC).
I just received my new passport, but I don't recall anything like Disembarkation/Embarkation card (unless the EP can be called as Green Card as well).
"Budget Expat"

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 8:47 am

v4jr4 wrote:(unless the EP can be called as Green Card as well).
My EP is green :P I think that is what they mean, since your multiple entry visa is on the back of it.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 28 Sep 2012 1:23 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:(unless the EP can be called as Green Card as well).
My EP is green :P I think that is what they mean, since your multiple entry visa is on the back of it.
Well, I just submitted the documents. Let's see what will happen :lol:
"Budget Expat"