Singapore Expats

28/ M/ New Orleans, USA

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
RajunCajun816

28/ M/ New Orleans, USA

Post by RajunCajun816 » Sun, 02 Sep 2012 4:50 pm

Hey all, I'm Aaron from New Orleans area. I've been in Singapore since March, but have not had much time to make many friends outside of work. Previous to Singapore, I lived, worked and completed my Masters in Sydney Australia. Singapore is the 44th country I have been to and the 7th that I've lived in.

I looking to meet new people from broad backgrounds that enjoy grabbing a beer, a bite, or perhaps just a chat. I also occasionally enjoy a night out at the club. If that sounds like fun to you then send me a PM or message to amc816 at gmail dot com.

I am also looking to set up a gym membership here and looking for a partner/ spotter for lifting weight. I'm working around Clarke Quay now so was considering the Fitness First near Raffles.

Looking forward to making some new mates!

Cheers,
Aaron

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 5:47 pm

Hey Aaron, just saw your post here, anyway...I'm gathering people for "Hollywood After Party" at USS on the 22nd. Look under my thread below for info. If you're keen, just drop me an e-mail or PM with your phone number for me to contact. See ya around.
Last edited by Akimbo on Mon, 17 Sep 2012 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

mcsy86

Post by mcsy86 » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 8:43 pm

Looking forward to a big group for this party :D

Can't wait!!

nilingzi

Post by nilingzi » Sun, 23 Sep 2012 4:47 pm

Saw that you were from New Orleans. I grew up in Baton Rouge!

Anyway, wld appreciate dropping me a line if you find any decent Cajun food in Singapore. I had to resort to making my own gumbo. Cheers!

RajunCajun816

Post by RajunCajun816 » Thu, 08 Nov 2012 3:05 pm

I've never found a decent Cajun place here, most people have never heard of blackened catfish, etouffee, creole and the like. If you like good Mexican food though, there are plenty of places, but they aren't cheap.

I miss some good gumbo, do you make your roux from scratch? Bet Seafood gumbo here would be really good seeing there is so much fresh seafood here. If not, there is always Chicken and sausage.

YUM

Aaron-

longwhite

Post by longwhite » Sun, 11 Nov 2012 2:04 pm

Where did you end up getting a membership? I am an American just settling down in Singapore and also looking to join a join/find a lifting partner. I work right next to the fitness first in Raffles too.

RajunCajun816

Post by RajunCajun816 » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:04 am

longwhite wrote:Where did you end up getting a membership? I am an American just settling down in Singapore and also looking to join a join/find a lifting partner. I work right next to the fitness first in Raffles too.
I have a "gym" in my condo now, so I was not in a huge rush to setup a membership thus far. Especially considering that I didn't have a lifting partner, but I work in Clarke Quay. The closest Fitness First is at One George Street, which is close to Raffles as well.

Do you like it here so far?

nilingzi

Post by nilingzi » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 3:02 pm

Yes I do make my own roux. Haven't made the seafood version in a while since I would have to find enough people to give it to . Been sticking to Chicken and Sausages. Probably going to make Jambalaya during the holidays.

There is a new place in town that features Cajun food - https://www.facebook.com/TheCajunKings

Haven't tried it myself to see how authentic it is. Man, I miss catfish and boiling crayfish at a cookout.