Singapore Expats

DP in old passport... Any issue in entering SG?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 1:52 pm

How come man? If you read the visa stamp carefully, the embassy fee itself is about 23$ or something and mustafa charges about 10$ extra for the service. I am surprised how can any TA do it for less than 23$ :???:
Last edited by revhappy on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 1:55 pm

revhappy wrote:How come man? If you read the visa stamp carefully, the embassy fee itself is about 23$ or something and mustafa charges about 10$ extra for the service. I am surprised how can any TA do it for less than 23$ :???:
Because, for my passport, visa fee is only 7 $ :D add the 10 $ service fee and you get 17 $ ;) ;)

Wanna switch passports ? haha ..

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 3:26 pm

ecureilx wrote: ScoobyDoes: in reality, despite it being idiotic, Immigration officers consider cancelled passports as 'cancelled' and they mostly have no intention to read up the 'past history' .... atleast from my experience .. :D

As I said, it was as far as I could remember.....the alternative might have been she came in as a tourist under her new passport, filling in the white card. We then post the letter to MoM with the white card, they internally 'transfer' the DP to the new passport and cancel the white card.

Either way, I know we only had to write to MoM to transfer the DP from the old passport to the new one.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 5:00 pm

ecureilx wrote:for argument sake .. So if I am an Indonesian, what happens ??
Doesn't matter. Indons can walk in. Well, sometimes they will ask for something that can ensure them that they are "legal". In my case, sometimes they want to see the EP.
"Budget Expat"