Singapore Expats

Company over quota

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Steel Wings

Company over quota

Post by Steel Wings » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 3:45 pm

Hello everyone,I'm a newbie here.

Just want to ask regarding the quota,my agency told me that my Spass has not yet approve cos the company had exceeded there quota, what's the reason and why they exceed?.are there any chances on my Spass to be released and how long should it take?.I'm losing my patience..Thanks.
Keep walking

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 3:56 pm

i think (i'm not very good in this area) that your company has not employed enough singaporeans... or too many non-singaporeans (same difference).

you might want to google foreign worker quota mom singapore

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 5:35 pm

Quotas were reduced in July. It's possible you are up the creek without a paddle. We've lost several as well. FW in Service industries was cut from 50% to 45 percent and S pass holders also cut. You may well be out of luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Steel Wings

Post by Steel Wings » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 7:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Quotas were reduced in July. It's possible you are up the creek without a paddle. We've lost several as well. FW in Service industries was cut from 50% to 45 percent and S pass holders also cut. You may well be out of luck.

Dang.. ](*,) wish I cud get straight answers from the company and MoM.I cant buy time by waiting..anyways,thanks for the replies.
Keep walking