Singapore Expats

Pass for Marriage between SC and Foreigner

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
EvilKnight

Pass for Marriage between SC and Foreigner

Post by EvilKnight » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:32 pm

Hi,

I am a Singapore born citizen, and I'm a male, so i have a female girlfriend which is from china. We been in relationship for 4 years, and we plan to get marry in 2013. But i have alot of question, and i did send email for enquiry regarding my question to respective department, but the answer does not met my question. Hopefully you people here the senior could help out me.

A little add-on detail on her:
From China;
Never work in Singapore before;
Working in education section in China;
Oh...and "not the villager type, which i know some people hate it. But please help out, we just wanna get i small love nest here in Singapore, cause i cant bear to part with neither my family or girlfriend."

Question:
1. For ROM, what pass should i apply from ICA for my girlfriend to come over for ROM?

2. When should i apply for the pass?

3. Can she get pregnent and give birth in Singapore if she holding LTVP?

4. I heard from people say need guarantee fees of 5k is it true?

My Summerize:
- Get Pass for her to be in Singapore for ROM
- After ROM apply for LTVP
- Extend her Pass in Singapore up to total of 3 month
- LTVP result will only be out in 4 weeks time

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Pass for Marriage between SC and Foreigner

Post by the lynx » Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:53 pm

EvilKnight wrote:Hi,

I am a Singapore born citizen, and I'm a male, so i have a female girlfriend which is from china. We been in relationship for 4 years, and we plan to get marry in 2013. But i have alot of question, and i did send email for enquiry regarding my question to respective department, but the answer does not met my question. Hopefully you people here the senior could help out me.

A little add-on detail on her:
From China;
Never work in Singapore before;
Working in education section in China;
Oh...and "not the villager type, which i know some people hate it. But please help out, we just wanna get i small love nest here in Singapore, cause i cant bear to part with neither my family or girlfriend."

Question:
1. For ROM, what pass should i apply from ICA for my girlfriend to come over for ROM?

Only SVP.

2. When should i apply for the pass?

If her nationality requires visa, she should be prepared to come in under SVP.

If you are referring to LTVP, yes, you can apply after you get your marriage certificate.

If you are referring to PR, yes, you can try to apply for her under Family scheme but this is way harder to get.

3. Can she get pregnent and give birth in Singapore if she holding LTVP?

Yes. And that baby will be a Singaporean citizen. But not her; no change to her status, at least not yet.

4. I heard from people say need guarantee fees of 5k is it true?

Not sure of that. My friends all married Malaysians without having to pay that guarantee.

My Summerize:
- Get Pass for her to be in Singapore for ROM
- After ROM apply for LTVP
- Extend her Pass in Singapore up to total of 3 month
- LTVP result will only be out in 4 weeks time

EvilKnight

Post by EvilKnight » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:25 am

the lynx, Thanks for the answering.
according to what you said in question 1,
if I'm correct SVP = Social Visit Pass?
if that so, this mean she will be holding a Entry Visa to come here which have a duration of 30 days. in this 30 days i have to apply SVP for her to stay for up to 2 more months?

also 1 more question,
- If applying for extending stay for short term visit, while the application is processing, can i apply LTVP together with it?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:18 pm

EvilKnight wrote:the lynx, Thanks for the answering.
according to what you said in question 1,
if I'm correct SVP = Social Visit Pass?
if that so, this mean she will be holding a Entry Visa to come here which have a duration of 30 days. in this 30 days i have to apply SVP for her to stay for up to 2 more months?

also 1 more question,
- If applying for extending stay for short term visit, while the application is processing, can i apply LTVP together with it?
That entry visa of 30 days is the SVP. You can apply to extend it up-to 89 days total from date of first entry. You can't do that until you're married though. So I would suggest get married ASAP, apply for that extension.

Apply for LTVP also, but don't get your hopes up on that first time.

I'm not sure on that guarantee fee for a spouse. I briefly considered an LTVP for my mother in law, but didn't partially because there was that fee. But mostly because she hated Singapore and didn't want to stay for more than a month at a time anyway.

Note that fee is refundable when you no longer need the pass.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 4:06 pm

An LTVP for a dependant (here: your wife) will only be given if your salary is high enough to sustain her in Singapore (note: she cannot work on LTVP). That generally means above S$2800/month.

EvilKnight

Post by EvilKnight » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:25 pm

thankz guy for the information, that help me alot.

way1way

Post by way1way » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:19 am

thanks lynx! i see. noted. But do i need to ask MOM for PERMISSION?
sorry to hijack the thread.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:32 am

No need. The permission is only if your spouse-to-be is Work Permit holder (or ex-holder).

Just apply for ROM accordingly. LTSVP can be few years depending on approval, which you can apply for extension (if I am not wrong).

way1way

Post by way1way » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 10:34 am

the lynx wrote:No need. The permission is only if your spouse-to-be is Work Permit holder (or ex-holder).

Just apply for ROM accordingly. LTSVP can be few years depending on approval, which you can apply for extension (if I am not wrong).
hi lynx,
ROM need 21 days notice. after which she will not be in SG. To apply for LTSVP for her, can I just submit the applications here by myself? And wait for the approval so that she can come over? Or must she be present? If she need to be present, what can we apply for her to come over for the LTSVP application which take 4 weeks? And it might not be guaranty that it will be approved?
thanks in advance.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 11:27 am

You can only file your notice of marriage online, so no, she doesn't need to be here.

https://app.rom.gov.sg/efile/file_notic ... step1a.asp

way1way

Post by way1way » Sat, 15 Sep 2012 9:20 pm

zzm9980 wrote:You can only file your notice of marriage online, so no, she doesn't need to be here.
https://app.rom.gov.sg/efile/file_notic ... step1a.asp
thks zzm9980,
u mean does not need to be here for ROM or application of LTVP?
say i miss the date for her to ROM and she has to go back.
same as the TS, i need to Get Pass for her to be in Singapore for ROM.
is it this :-
Application of Visit Pass
http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... pageid=254
or this?
Visitor on Short Visit for Social Purposes
http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=180

EvilKnight

Post by EvilKnight » Tue, 15 Jan 2013 5:15 pm

My Apologies. I need to bring back this thread as my marriage is nearing, and i'm now preparing the document required.

I just saw the extension of SVP, it require the following:
•A confirmed onward/ return ticket

1. Do i need that return ticket? cause i wanna apply for LTVP.
2. Also just to check with you guys/ladies, is it ok to apply both(extend SVP & LTVP) together at the same day at ICA?
3. If still holding SVP, and LTVP been approved. Do i need to cancel the SVP to obtain the LTVP?

EvilKnight

Post by EvilKnight » Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:49 am

Any ladies / gentlemen can help me with the previous reply question?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:26 pm

EvilKnight wrote:My Apologies. I need to bring back this thread as my marriage is nearing, and i'm now preparing the document required.

I just saw the extension of SVP, it require the following:
•A confirmed onward/ return ticket

1. Do i need that return ticket? cause i wanna apply for LTVP.
Yes.
2. Also just to check with you guys/ladies, is it ok to apply both(extend SVP & LTVP) together at the same day at ICA?
You can i think, but to apply LTVP, you need to book an appointment date through e-appointment.
3. If still holding SVP, and LTVP been approved. Do i need to cancel the SVP to obtain the LTVP?
Once the LTVP is approved, the SVP will be automatically canceled and the SVP holder will be asked to surrender her disembarkation card (DE card) in exchange for the LTVP pass.

EvilKnight

Post by EvilKnight » Wed, 16 Jan 2013 2:38 pm

I see, Thank you. How about the return ticket? Do i really need to purchase it or just leave it? Cause i will be applying for LTVP...