Singapore Expats

Rock climbing - recommendations and event interest?

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
mattks

Rock climbing - recommendations and event interest?

Post by mattks » Sun, 09 Sep 2012 7:14 pm

I'm a beginner rock climber but I'd like to get better. I have two questions for the group here;

- does anyone have any recommendations for indoor climbing areas in Singapore? There seem to be a surprisingly large amount of them and it's hard to tell which ones have the best walls and most reasonable prices.

- I will be going climbing sometime in the next couple of weeks, is anyone interested in joining?

Feel free to leave a message here or email me at mkszuch at gmail dot com.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Rock climbing - recommendations and event interest?

Post by the lynx » Mon, 10 Sep 2012 9:06 am

mattks wrote:I'm a beginner rock climber but I'd like to get better. I have two questions for the group here;

- does anyone have any recommendations for indoor climbing areas in Singapore? There seem to be a surprisingly large amount of them and it's hard to tell which ones have the best walls and most reasonable prices.

- I will be going climbing sometime in the next couple of weeks, is anyone interested in joining?

Hi there. There have been few discussions about rock climbing in Singapore and some of the regulars here actually established groups to climb together.

Here are the threads to start with. Actually there are more but you can use the Search Function above.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... sc-60.html

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic83775.html

You can keep in touch with KD Bryant (in those threads), he is the regular and sometimes posts to encourage fellow climbers to join in.

mattks

Post by mattks » Mon, 10 Sep 2012 1:15 pm

Those are very helpful, thanks lynx! I'm abashed I didn't do a better job searching here on the forums, didn't even think about it.

I'll go use the appropriate threads.

Waelan
Regular
Regular

Re: Rock climbing - recommendations and event interest?

Post by Waelan » Tue, 11 Sep 2012 9:49 pm

mattks wrote:I'm a beginner rock climber but I'd like to get better. I have two questions for the group here;

I climb in Climbs Asia and Onsight in the weekend as it's accessible from office or home, Climbers Lab or Safra Yishun (outdoor) for weekend. Personally i like the routes in Onsight and Climbers Lab.
Price range not much different, it's cheaper if you register as a member.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 8:02 am

Let's get together some time...I'm just a beginner climber. Already a member at Climb-Asia, just in case something like this comes along.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

mattks

Post by mattks » Wed, 12 Sep 2012 8:23 am

It sounds like there is definitely some interest, so I will try and organize something later this month. I'll start a new thread when I do and will update this one also.