Singapore Expats

Dover Court

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 4:37 pm

Hello livinginsinga,

Would love to be part of a meet-up. I should imagine I'll miss this one as we're not arriving until 13 Aug - but count me in on any more.

Really can't wait now...

Leaving london

Post by Leaving london » Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:14 pm

Hiya
Yes we're in for meeting up. Have one going into reception & one in yr 2. Happy to help you arrange/host if you need?
Dover ct - fab do far! Dance show today, picnic tomorrow..

Hacker will - Dylan hasn't found sam yet! Are you @ picnic tomorrow? I'm working on the face painting stall. Pls say hi do I can thank u in person.

Dylan is in miss jones class - she's adorable!

Leaving LONDON

Hackerwill

Post by Hackerwill » Tue, 12 Jun 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Leaving London

Sorry to miss your post until today. I dropped by the fair at lunch for half an hour. Our neighbour & friend, Tamsin, was also on the face painting stall...hot work I imagine. My wife, Susanne was on the sandwich stall.

Sam is in Year One, Ms Smith's class (Jones & Smith...inspirational) so has not yet found Dylan.

Good luck!
HW

Andream

Dover Court

Post by Andream » Tue, 12 Jun 2012 8:04 pm

Hello Livinginsinga

We are moving out to Singapore first week in July and our Son will be joining Year 1 at Dover Court and we would love to come along to your get together.

It seems to have been a long time in the planning, but now all of a sudden the days are whizzing by! We are really looking forward to moving out to Singapore and meeting up with everyone.
Andream

Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Wed, 13 Jun 2012 5:36 pm

School fair sounded fun. I'm waiting to hear about interview date for my boy, it'll be very close to start of term.

Gave cats away on Sat [deep wracking sobs], sofa on Gumtree, bloke on countdown to going (1.5 weeks) and already working on mad Singapore time, Christmas people queuing up to come out, Easter not far off, spotted nice hammock for balcony, we are almost there...

Leaving london

Post by Leaving london » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:24 pm

Hi hacker will

Tamsin was lovely & we went to the same 6th form college in London. How funny? I did paint a little girls face from mrs smiths class & I asked her to bring Sam over to say hi but I'm not sure if she did or not as I got all busy with 'hello kitty' and 'spiderman' faces. I really wanted to meet him to say hi & thanks. I'm still at a loss at what I would have done with my DS off school for 4 months!

Meet up - I'm very keen. Also more than happy to host round the pool here. Otherwise happy to help and bring stuff along if someone else is hosting. Date wise? Might as well throw a date in to start negotiations.. Monday 16th July? Who can make it?

Making the move - tick, tick, tick, tock. Tell John he's more than welcome to come over one eve & meet my hubbie & watch footy etc.etc.

You're all gonna love it out here - the lifestyle is amazing!

Left london
Last edited by Leaving london on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 4:29 am

As we speak am buried beneath piles of packing crates with J doing inventory. Keep forgetting what's going where. Wish I was out there now, sounds blissful.

J comes out in a week - will post him your way for footie action, although he thinks there might be some kind of work thing going on for Euro 2012 finals; no idea how the time difference will work out.

Anyway, that's for him to manage, I'm off to archive more of my life away. See you in two months, get the ice on.

x

Andream

Post by Andream » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:28 am

Hello - we can do Monday 16th July ....... as of Monday 9th July my diary is looking very empty!! But I'm looking forward to getting to know lots of lovely new people and can't wait to start our new life in Singapore.

Our removals are coming on Friday, so its all becoming very real now - the house is looking like a bomb site, I keep telling my husband its organised chaos - I wish!!

I do have a quick question about uniform for those already in the system - is all the uniform supplied by the school uniform shop?
Andream

Pammy210

Meet up!

Post by Pammy210 » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 5:33 am

Hello Livinginsinga!

Would love to meet up,thank you for offering to arrange! Don't think we'll make the first one though as don't arrive until 29th July. Please do count me in on any later ones though, wld be great to meet the kids and mums of Dover!

Thanks again :lol:

Travailes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Travailes » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 9:27 pm

Andream wrote:
I do have a quick question about uniform for those already in the system - is all the uniform supplied by the school uniform shop?
Everything bar the caps I think which you get from the School Office. If you are new to the school I recommend you get the uniform earlier rather than later as the new term starts at the end of August at the same time that everyone returns from holiday and realises they need this and that. It is only a small shop in Holland Village and uniform is made in batches so sizes do run out.
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone gets to dance with the grim reaper.

Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 10:52 pm

Hi again all,

Those of you who know me either in person, via email or from other forums please ignore this...

We are here and our condo is amazing and Singapore is incredible and I think I am going to love this life and I do miss 'home' so much but we are busy settling in. Sadly not my boy, though, who is having a tough time at school. I wondered if there were any Y3 - or junior school - children at Dover Court who would be happy to buddy up with my boy for a bit. He has made two good friends already, which is nice, but could do with as many buddies as poss. He's just a bit overwhelmed with it all and feels very lost, plus he really loathes the school bus. Going well, isn't it?

As I say, ignore me if you know me and have already been lovely and helpful. But if you think you can help then please give a shout, via PM if poss.

Terimah Kasih, muchas gracias, et al.

Leaving Gloucs

School uniform for Dover Court

Post by Leaving Gloucs » Wed, 05 Dec 2012 3:24 pm

We are moving out soon and have got places for our two girls in Dover Court. Can anyone tell me what the uniform footwear is please? I have emailed the school more than once but have not received replies and I would like to buy shoes or sandals before we leave the UK. What do they wear for PE and are open toe sandals allowed? Is there anything else they need that isn't purchased from the uniform shop? Far too much to think about! Thanks

Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Wed, 05 Dec 2012 5:20 pm

Footwear = black shoes, white socks
PE kit & obligtory sun hat = bought from uniform shop in Holland Village
Swimsuit = bought from school office

Think that's it. Just off out will double-check with myself later, will also send longer message. Welcome in advance!

MTM

Leaving Gloucs

Post by Leaving Gloucs » Wed, 05 Dec 2012 8:07 pm

Thank you for such a quick reply. Are sandals ok as it is so hot? What do they wear on their feet for PE? Trainers or pumps/plimsoles as in the UK? Thanks.

Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Wed, 05 Dec 2012 8:17 pm

No probs!

There are different rules for Infants and Juniors, and we are in the latter (Y3). I think that sandals / open footwear are OK in Infants but you'd need to check that. I can do it if you like, though in fact my closest mates here are the ones I met on this board and will probably be reading this too. I'll ask them anyway.

So to answer:
I think sandals OK for Infants (but will check)
PE = plimsoles or light footie trainers, as for UK school sportswear

Looking back at my info I think you get the hat from the school but either way you get it out here.

When are you arriving?