Singapore Expats

Entry Pass visa Got Rejected! Need help...

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
vnshakthivel

Entry Pass visa Got Rejected! Need help...

Post by vnshakthivel » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:58 am

Hi,

I applied for Entry pass through a Local Sponsor in Singapore who is a Citizen of Singapore. It got rejected. I would like to know if I have to go for appeal or can I apply a new visa through a different local sponsor. I want to start a company in Singapore. Hence I have planned to come there. Kindly help me with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 3:38 pm

Do you mean EntrePass? Hopefully your application involved greater attention to detail than your post, otherwise that might be a reason for the rejection. The Singaporean authorities are sticklers for accuracy and detail.

A quick Google search for 'entrepass appeal' revealed the following:

How do I appeal if the EntrePass application is rejected?

Not sure about the wisdom (or otherwise) of going for another application straight away; I expect others here will have a view on that.
Be careful what you wish for

vnshakthivel

Post by vnshakthivel » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks for your response. Sorry it's visitor pass which is given for 30days. All I need is to just to register a company there as I have secured some business over there. We are planning to invest there in Singapore.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 5:22 pm

Contact some travel agent in India for the tourist visa.
May be the local sponsor who sponsored you is in the bad books of ICA already or maybe you are in the bad books or he filled the form incorrectly.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 7:50 pm

vnshakthivel wrote:Thanks for your response. Sorry it's visitor pass which is given for 30days. All I need is to just to register a company there as I have secured some business over there. We are planning to invest there in Singapore.
You have a local director?

vnshakthivel

Post by vnshakthivel » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 9:47 pm

yes I have a local director.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Sep 2012 9:55 pm

vnshakthivel wrote:yes I have a local director.
So, either the local director or a firm will need to file for your new company... you can't as you have no SingPass.

Second, you have the business... I assume you have help to run the business as you cannot legally do so?