Singapore Expats Forum

Any self-made entrepreneurs, self-employed, YOBs, etc, here?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Sponsored by:
International Money Transfer

happy101

Any self-made entrepreneurs, self-employed, YOBs, etc, here?

Postby happy101 » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 7:08 pm

Been thru 1 meetup and conversations seem to mostly revolve ard work, workplace, types of work, colleagues, problems, etc, and a host of other draining work-related topics. Seem like every starters ask the same thing about work.

Are there anyone who is not in the category of executives/staff/workers and employees, etc, and their own boss? Or pray, am I that alone, Lord?

dpot
Regular
Regular

Postby dpot » Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:29 pm

I went to the sg entrepreneurs meetup a couple times...met a lot of nice people, but it is a networking group, so not really just a casual hang out; nonetheless they are a bunch of interesting people with pretty good personalities...

happy101

Postby happy101 » Tue, 28 Aug 2012 5:49 pm

dpot wrote:I went to the sg entrepreneurs meetup a couple times...met a lot of nice people, but it is a networking group, so not really just a casual hang out; nonetheless they are a bunch of interesting people with pretty good personalities...

thank you dpot, bless you for answering my prayers... :o

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Tue, 28 Aug 2012 6:52 pm

What you getting at? You suggesting we're all dullards? :S :S :S
nutnut

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 28 Aug 2012 8:28 pm

Who would want to talk about work all the time during a gathering?

I know that all the small gatherings I've been in doesn't talk about that. (on and on anyway)

Sure, it gives a conversation starter, but all the time? If what you're saying happy101, that each people you met at your very first gathering just ask the same thing over and over again, that's just bad luck, man. Move on and try again.

or is it just like what nutnut says, you're suggesting that all of us are dullards? :P

edited: I wrote dpot instead of happy101 above....I meant the message is for happy 101.
Last edited by Akimbo on Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

happy101

Postby happy101 » Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:40 am

nutnut wrote:What you getting at? You suggesting we're all dullards? :S :S :S

No, this isn't a case of dull or such implications.
Its a case of conversation line starters which happened to be enders as well, now that certainly makes anyone feels lonely...

...until you guys arrived... :wink: :wink: :wink: