Singapore Expats

What's with all the young Russian (?) hookers in Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:51 pm

x9200 wrote:Yes, zzm9980 made a very dangerous statement. Now everybody wonders if this is about money, performance or maybe something else.
Yes, I was implying it was less expensive. Partly tongue in cheek. Still not sure why it's "dangerous". Did I offend you?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 1:12 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
x9200 wrote:Yes, zzm9980 made a very dangerous statement. Now everybody wonders if this is about money, performance or maybe something else.
Yes, I was implying it was less expensive. Partly tongue in cheek. Still not sure why it's "dangerous". Did I offend you?
No, not at all. It was a full tong in cheek in my case.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 1:21 pm

x9200 wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
Oh, ok. I've been on a business trip in India for the past two weeks, meetings every day. Imagine a "Best of" collection of posts from this forum, and that summarizes my trip. I'm in quite the mood to offend someone right now, which is probably why last nights posts were a wee bit edgy :D :D :P

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 2:02 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
x9200 wrote:
zzm9980 wrote: Yes, I was implying it was less expensive. Partly tongue in cheek. Still not sure why it's "dangerous". Did I offend you?
Oh, ok. I've been on a business trip in India for the past two weeks, meetings every day. Imagine a "Best of" collection of posts from this forum, and that summarizes my trip. I'm in quite the mood to offend someone right now, which is probably why last nights posts were a wee bit edgy :D :D :P
And they were all posted at ungodly hours! Wow, you must have quite a trip yourself.

Should share more in the next gathering. :P

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 2:34 pm

the lynx wrote: And they were all posted at ungodly hours! Wow, you must have quite a trip yourself.

Should share more in the next gathering. :P
India is 2.5 hours behind, and it was after dinner and hitting the hotel bar. So anger/annoyance + alcohol + the Internet = Fun.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:17 pm

And those of us that are married know we are actually paying for sex one way or another its just not quite so obvious :wink:

lloydbee

Post by lloydbee » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 6:23 pm

Steve1960 wrote:And those of us that are married know we are actually paying for sex one way or another its just not quite so obvious :wink:
nailed it...
haha funny thread
InteractiveOptions - sometimes the grass really is greener

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Tue, 18 Sep 2012 9:18 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
the lynx wrote:
nakatago wrote:Wow. Really? :roll:

Maybe Russian hookers are "high-class" and kinda more difficult to be caught in the act than Chinese/Vietnamese/Thai streetwalkers. Maybe you can check in SBF; the pervs there most likely have information.
What's SBF? :???:
http://www.sammyboyforum.com/

Warning: NSFW

Club Top 5, formerly, Club Top 10, at FFoW, is filled with Russian women. I, too, wonder what sort of pass they are coming in on. Russian mafia has got to be in on it. Another side effect of SG's banking secrecy laws?
Ok. Should not have clicked through to that. Ew.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:28 am

movingtospore wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
the lynx wrote: What's SBF? :???:
http://www.sammyboyforum.com/

Club Top 5, formerly, Club Top 10, at FFoW, is filled with Russian women. I, too, wonder what sort of pass they are coming in on. Russian mafia has got to be in on it. Another side effect of SG's banking secrecy laws?
there's no question in my mind that Eastern European mafia have somehow breached Singapore's corruption free work pass system somehow. The bars in OT are slowly being bought up by them as well.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 9:36 am

offshoreoildude wrote:
movingtospore wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote: http://www.sammyboyforum.com/

there's no question in my mind that Eastern European mafia have somehow breached Singapore's corruption free work pass system somehow. The bars in OT are slowly being bought up by them as well.
SVPs and student passes get abused the most frequently it seems. This based on conversations during occasional visits to places like Brix. Girls get student passes for say an English or Chinese language school, and then work at night. One small group I chatted with live with an expat on Balmoral; his company gave him a three bedroom condo, so he "sublet" the other two rooms to working girls. I can only imagine the compensation arrangement involved in that one :cool:

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 9:38 am

Here, this english school has a three month certificate course for S$3200+, not counting ICA fees:
http://www.ascend.edu.sg/english-as-a-g ... guage.html

Why does it cost so much? Because of the visa of couse.

Note: The above is NOT an endorsement. If you want a good English course, go see the British Council. (They think they invented the language :P ):
http://www.britishcouncil.org.sg/englis ... nglish?i=1

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 9:54 am

offshoreoildude wrote:there's no question in my mind that Eastern European mafia have somehow breached Singapore's corruption free work pass system somehow. The bars in OT are slowly being bought up by them as well.
since 1997, the number of Russians I been seeing, here, there and everywhere .. seems the same .. of course, now, they distinctly identify themselves as Latvians, Moldavian, and all .. of course, the Romanians, Polish .. and all are now insisting that they be called so ..

Do you know which of the OT Bars are bought over by the Mafia ? So I can steer clear of 'em .. :)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:44 pm

ecureilx wrote:since 1997, the number of Russians I been seeing, here, there and everywhere .. seems the same .. of course, now, they distinctly identify themselves as Latvians, Moldavian, and all .. of course, the Romanians, Polish .. and all are now insisting that they be called so ..
What the hell are you talking about? You have no slightest idea about the history of Europe and I am talking about the basics. What you wrote above is actually insulting.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 1:03 pm

x9200 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:since 1997, the number of Russians I been seeing, here, there and everywhere .. seems the same .. of course, now, they distinctly identify themselves as Latvians, Moldavian, and all .. of course, the Romanians, Polish .. and all are now insisting that they be called so ..
What the hell are you talking about? You have no slightest idea about the history of Europe and I am talking about the basics. What you wrote above is actually insulting.
Relax chief .. I am referring to general speak here ..

Sorry if that sounded bad ..

I was referring more in tune with the local perception .. like how every 'indian looking guy' is either Indian or Bangladeshi .." regardless the fact that he could be a Pakistani or Sri Lankan as well ..

Like my good friend from Romania who gave up telling people that she is NOT russian .. well, of course, people here are more world wiser now .. and can ask 'where are you from .. ' a major upgrade from 'you are Russian .. ' .. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 1:36 pm

Hey squirrel, you want a backhoe to help dig that hole bigger? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers