Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ri

Post by ri » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 9:59 pm

hey thats awesome!

are you from singapore?
im from india and im so worried abt accommodation and transport facility there.. i got an email from them but it doesnt state any fringes and benefits..not even the flying allowance,.. just so restless..

wht was in your last email from them?
Ri

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:03 pm

zhenzhunaicha wrote:Hi Ri,

i'm starting on the same date as ya. I'm from the aug interview, went med on mon, and got the call on last fri. availability was 1mth.
Hello,

I went for a review for kebaya round in August and went for medical checks on 07/08... My availability is also one month... I wonder why I have not gotten any call at all :(
You know of anyone who is also still waiting for calls?
And congrats! :)
Ain't A Saint. I Falter. I Flaw.

zhenzhunaicha

Post by zhenzhunaicha » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:50 pm

To ri,

Hi, last email was just a confirmation of the date of trng and that they will send a letter within 2wks, and also will email me in regards of the signing of the deed.

To Toffeejellybean,

those with reviews, I presume it won't be that fast? Judging from all the previous post? But I feel that if they would to reject, they would have notice ya early, so no news yet, is still good news. Sorry, I din't take the contacts of those who passed the interview. And thanks btw.
Just be positive!

golden8

Post by golden8 » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:45 am

hey guys, i got through all the rounds on the 4 aug interview, went for the medical check up but has just received a rejection letter. :???: i suspect it is due to the medical check up but then again i have no medical problem or condition and is perfectly healthy. do u guys know whether i can call up SIA to ask or go back to the clinic to seek a review?

receiving a rejection letter now is definitely worse than not clearing the rounds at the interview. :(

ri

Post by ri » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 2:45 am

Hey zhenzhunaicha,

Hope to see you at STC ! Good luck.. do PM me your full name ..

Does anybody know if stockings are allowed during training and later..? well silly questions but if yes then i need to pack them too.. lol

Thanks! :D
Ri

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 8:12 am

golden8 wrote:hey guys, i got through all the rounds on the 4 aug interview, went for the medical check up but has just received a rejection letter. :???: i suspect it is due to the medical check up but then again i have no medical problem or condition and is perfectly healthy. do u guys know whether i can call up SIA to ask or go back to the clinic to seek a review?

receiving a rejection letter now is definitely worse than not clearing the rounds at the interview. :(
Hi there,
When did you receive your rejection letter?
I heard of ppl from my group who failed due to scoliosis. But these pll were called back to the clinic for a second X-ray...
I guess you can try calling up to ask politely. I mean out of concern for your health it's reasonable to enquire...
I am so sorry to hear about this :(
But if it's scoliosis, somewhere in this post someone posted a therapy that worked for her and she passed the Medicals on second try!
HTH!

golden8

Post by golden8 » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 1:13 pm

ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:
golden8 wrote:hey guys, i got through all the rounds on the 4 aug interview, went for the medical check up but has just received a rejection letter. :???: i suspect it is due to the medical check up but then again i have no medical problem or condition and is perfectly healthy. do u guys know whether i can call up SIA to ask or go back to the clinic to seek a review?

Hi there,
I heard of ppl from my group who failed due to scoliosis. But these pll were called back to the clinic for a second X-ray...
I guess you can try calling up to ask politely. I mean out of concern for your health it's reasonable to enquire...
But if it's scoliosis, somewhere in this post someone posted a therapy that worked for her and she passed the Medicals on second try!
HTH!
my rejection letter was dated 15 Aug, I got it in my mailbox yesterday.

thanks for your reply, not sure about scoliosis, but i did declare i have fractured my wrist and finger several years ago and they require me to take x-rays for it on the actual medical check up day. it is strange if this affect my chance as im pes A (im a guy) and the doc even said that it will most prob not affect at all. they are not even my medical conditions as they have healed fully years ago and did not affect me at all.

i did not get asked to go back for any subsequent check up or x-rays before they send the rejection letter. am going to do what i can and call up HR to ask.

Ryan.Lum

height requirement

Post by Ryan.Lum » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 1:58 pm

so it is definitely possible for me to get into SIA as a air steward if i am 5mm below the height requirement? but that is as long as i can just reach the mark they set.

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 2:07 pm

golden8 wrote:
ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:

Hi there,
HTH!

thanks for your reply, not sure about scoliosis, but i did declare i have fractured my wrist and finger several years ago and they require me to take x-rays for it on the actual medical check up day. it is strange if this affect my chance as im pes A (im a guy) and the doc even said that it will most prob not affect at all. they are not even my medical conditions as they have healed fully years ago and did not affect me at all.

i did not get asked to go back for any subsequent check up or x-rays before they send the rejection letter. am going to do what i can and call up HR to ask.
Hi!
That is so strange! Do call back and enquire about the rejection at medical round. Keep us updated! All the best! I hope they could at least explain why were you not fit to fly!

Anyone from the August checkup still waiting too?? 😖

jannsiz

Post by jannsiz » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 4:24 pm

ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:
golden8 wrote:
ToffeeJellyBeans wrote: Hi there,
HTH!

Hi!
That is so strange! Do call back and enquire about the rejection at medical round. Keep us updated! All the best! I hope they could at least explain why were you not fit to fly!

ya i still waiting ....
de wait is so killing me =(

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 7:53 pm

jannsiz wrote:
ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:
golden8 wrote: my rejection letter was dated 15 Aug, I got it in my mailbox yesterday.

Hi!

ya i still waiting ....
Hello!
I I finally found someone still waiting!! 😭😭
What's your date of availability?? I seriously wonder why! We were told it takes 2 weeks right...
Everyday is another round of waiting and waiting. Very awful 😔

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 9:26 pm

golden8 wrote:
ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:

Hi there,
HTH!

If you fractured your arm, wrist or fingers before there is a high chance to be rejected. SIA has to consider in the long run if your wrist and fingers will still be as "good" as another person who never fractured his/her wrist before.

SIA is rly strict when it comes to such issues.

jannsiz

Post by jannsiz » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 8:49 am

ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:
jannsiz wrote:
ToffeeJellyBeans wrote: Hi!

ya i still waiting ....
Hello!
I I finally found someone still waiting!! 😭😭
What's your date of availability?? I seriously wonder why! We were told it takes 2 weeks right...
Everyday is another round of waiting and waiting. Very awful 😔
hmm true la...i put imm...but til now no news
i damn scared

Leng123

Post by Leng123 » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 4:18 pm

hey toffeejellybeans!

congrats to ur passing for ur review!
i'm having mine in upcoming Sept, but e HR lady haven really send me a formal email about this.

may i ask how's e review like? hows e passing rate like? and how long it takes? are there many people there for the review?
mine was due to studies that i've to defer my training. :(

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Fri, 24 Aug 2012 4:33 pm

Leng123 wrote:hey toffeejellybeans!

congrats to ur passing for ur review!
i'm having mine in upcoming Sept, but e HR lady haven really send me a formal email about this.

may i ask how's e review like? hows e passing rate like? and how long it takes? are there many people there for the review?
mine was due to studies that i've to defer my training. :(
Hello leng!
My review saw about 10-12 ladies. And my problem was I look too pear shaped in kebaya therefore I only need to get there, put on the kebaya and was asked afew questions and was done. The result was immediately conveyed to us. So it took <30mins actually. Since your review is due to studies I am not sure how it would be like...
Oh thank you ;)
You will receive the email pretty soon after the HR personnel call you.
I am done with the Medicals weeks ago and waiting painfully for the golden call :( It's really equally agonizing!