Singapore Expats

Freelance from overseas - breached or not breached?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 4:17 pm

In that case the best piece of advice I can give you is to see a lawyer with all the information that you have and see what they say. We are not equipped to give legal advice and honestly, if it's as you say, I've never heard of something like that happening so I'm at a loss to give you any sort of prognosis or the likelihood of success or failure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

newFreelance

Post by newFreelance » Thu, 23 Aug 2012 4:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:In that case the best piece of advice I can give you is to see a lawyer with all the information that you have and see what they say. We are not equipped to give legal advice and honestly, if it's as you say, I've never heard of something like that happening so I'm at a loss to give you any sort of prognosis or the likelihood of success or failure.
I actually think that officer would not bring this to court or higher authority so fast yet. He haven't been very honest, patience and polite when talking to me, treating me like a sentenced criminal. He make me to have a prejudice that he just want to close this case perfunctory. Not even disclose his position and direct supervisor.

I seeking help so that I can defend myself by synthesize all your experienced professional expat opinions or suggestions. Seeking lawyer is a must when this is final and bring to court. I am hoping higher authority will give me another chance to meet them and I can convince and show them my evidence by knowing more about MOM rules and Singapore law from here.