Singapore Expats

Bed or Mattress Hire for 1 week?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Sat&Susan

Bed or Mattress Hire for 1 week?

Post by Sat&Susan » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:29 am

Hi,
I live in a condo on the east coast. We have some family members coming to visit us in Singapore from the UK next week.

Is it possible to hire beds or even just a mattress? It is only for one week. Doesn't make sense to buy a bed for one week only. Need one large and one single, though worst case - a large matress may suffice

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Sat

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:33 am

I believe you can find them in Giant. Don't know if they have multiple sizes or not, but I've seen adverts in the past for single & queen sized ones. Probably in the neighbourhood of 100~150 depending on size.

This advert was from Feb 2011.... right side middle of page

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sat&Susan

Post by Sat&Susan » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:49 am

Thanks. I was actually after a normal bed rather than air mattress. Also I was looking to hire one rather than purchase it

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 2:01 pm

If you've never slept on one of the big air inflatible mattresses, you would be in for a surprise. The best part is they wouldn't cost anymore than the rental of a bed for a week, if you could find one, and you would have it available anytime in the future should the need arise. I used to have a good friend in Bangkok who had one that I'd use whenever I went up there, and frankly, they aren't bad at all.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sat&Susan

Post by Sat&Susan » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 2:10 pm

You are probably right, I'm unlikely to find a normal bed just for a week. The transport costs will probably not be worth it either.

Will have a look at some air matresses.

Thanks a lot.