Singapore Expats

want to appeal for PR approval.. your voice about my chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
randomrockz

want to appeal for PR approval.. your voice about my chances

Post by randomrockz » Sat, 18 Aug 2012 8:44 pm

I had applied for PR and it was rejected last month. I am thinking about making an appeal and wanted to take some suggestions..

My Profile:
Nationality: Indian
Current Pass: EP (P2)
Term of Stay in Sing: 1 year and 6 months
Family Details:
Married for four years now, My son is 3 years old and I included my wife and son in my application.

Recent Change:
Change of Job with 25% hike in basic salary but still P2.
Moved from System Analyst role to IT Solution Architect and my new employer is an IT global giant.
At the time of application my job was contractual, now its a permanent role with 13 month sal, annual bonus, medical and other regular benefits.

Important Change (in my opinion :-)
At the time of application, my mother in law was staying with us on LTVP but we have planned to move her back to India due to some family situation, when I present my appeal, she wont be staying with us and her pass would be cancelled.

I atleast want to give it a try though I dont have much hopes after following this forum for many months... Will highly appreciate your views on my appeal.
Nobody gives it to you, you gotta take it!!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Aug 2012 9:20 pm

Your mother in law didn't have anything to do with it. Frankly, unless you have been here long enough to have three tax assessments they aren't going to consider it. Additionally, you are not the flavour of the month for gaining PR here. If you were on a P1 and had a skillset BADLY needed by the government you might have a very slim chance, but frankly I see absolutely nothing that they would be interested in.

I don't mean to be rough, but I tend to tell it like it is. I don't blow smoke.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

randomrockz

Post by randomrockz » Sat, 18 Aug 2012 10:50 pm

thanks for your reply SMS. I was thinking about an appeal and really wanted to know if the changes that I mentioned would make any difference at all.. maybe I shouldnt appeal and re-apply after a year or more.. I thought mother in law was one of the reasons for the rejection, coz I read on other threads that they dont want people who might try to bring their parents along, thanks for mentioning that as well.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Mon, 20 Aug 2012 9:20 pm

randomrockz wrote:thanks for your reply SMS. I was thinking about an appeal and really wanted to know if the changes that I mentioned would make any difference at all.. maybe I shouldnt appeal and re-apply after a year or more.. I thought mother in law was one of the reasons for the rejection, coz I read on other threads that they dont want people who might try to bring their parents along, thanks for mentioning that as well.
Honestly, 1 more year may be too less with P2 + India + non working wife (assuming)

I would wait for atleast 3 more years (including atleast 1-1.5 years on P1).

randomrockz

Post by randomrockz » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:35 am

@vishalgupta - thanks for your suggestions. Yes my wife is working in Singapore through MOM's LOC to be employed based on her DP, hence she doesnt hold an employment pass on her own.
Yes, I am not going to rush through the next time around when I apply again! Will make sure I atleast have 3 years of tax filing, cant really say how long would I take to be on P1 though :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 2:20 pm

randomrockz wrote:thanks for your reply SMS. I was thinking about an appeal and really wanted to know if the changes that I mentioned would make any difference at all.. maybe I shouldnt appeal and re-apply after a year or more.. I thought mother in law was one of the reasons for the rejection, coz I read on other threads that they dont want people who might try to bring their parents along, thanks for mentioning that as well.
just thinking aloud .. is there an 'appeal' process for PR ? :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 3:15 pm

Yes.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 3:26 pm

My friend did that. As a bonus, he added a "personal letter", mentioned that he wanted to be a PR so bad, had a 10 years plan ahead in Singapore, and so on. In the end? Rejected :-|

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 4:00 pm

v4jr4 wrote:My friend did that. As a bonus, he added a "personal letter", mentioned that he wanted to be a PR so bad, had a 10 years plan ahead in Singapore, and so on. In the end? Rejected :-|
That's not a valid way to do that.

It is like shoving your puppy to ICA officer's face ("Look at it, oh please look at it really closely. It is the CUTEST puppy in the world ever!") just because he thinks that it isn't cute enough to be considered for PR.

Note: Why puppy analogy? I don't know... Just a whim.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 4:09 pm

the lynx wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:My friend did that. As a bonus, he added a "personal letter", mentioned that he wanted to be a PR so bad, had a 10 years plan ahead in Singapore, and so on. In the end? Rejected :-|
That's not a valid way to do that.

It is like shoving your puppy to ICA officer's face ("Look at it, oh please look at it really closely. It is the CUTEST puppy in the world ever!") just because he thinks that it isn't cute enough to be considered for PR.

Note: Why puppy analogy? I don't know... Just a whim.
Well, that suggestion came from someone whom we knew (a PR) due to - sorry to say - rumors. Searching results from this forum + google are not giving anything about this. I wonder if he will be "marked" for doing this :-|

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 5:27 pm

the lynx wrote: Note: Why puppy analogy? I don't know... Just a whim.
Especially coming from THE lynx! :lol: