Singapore Expats

In Principle Approval Letter PEP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 5:59 pm

ecureilx wrote:Soooooo, the AIP is not a visa but with it, you can get a visa issued.
If I am correct, Indians need to present the AIP in the Singapore Mission and get the SVP issued before coming here, unless something changed and Indians get Arrival Visa ..

Masters again ??? [/quote]

Isn't that what I said? :???: What are you smoking this afternoon? :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 7:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Soooooo, the AIP is not a visa but with it, you can get a visa issued.
If I am correct, Indians need to present the AIP in the Singapore Mission and get the SVP issued before coming here, unless something changed and Indians get Arrival Visa ..

Masters again ???
Isn't that what I said? :???: What are you smoking this afternoon? :lol:
stumbled and fell in my sleep deprived state .. :D :D

madcap

Post by madcap » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:19 am

That is completely not true. I am an indian and i was able to enter singapore with just a IPA letter. No issues at all. I dont know if the operative word is "may" need a visa to enter singapore though.
Live Strong!

tisrules

Same concern here.

Post by tisrules » Thu, 16 Aug 2012 5:49 pm

madcap wrote:That is completely not true. I am an indian and i was able to enter singapore with just a IPA letter. No issues at all. I dont know if the operative word is "may" need a visa to enter singapore though.
Hi,

Im facing a similar issue. Im holding an IPA letter, which says "This letter includes a pre-approved single-journey-entry visa". But the entire document has no page which mentions the particulars of the visa.The cover page, has details of my application for an S-pass.

"Mad cap" could you please clarify, if you faced any problems from the Indian authorities at the airport ? And which airport did you leave from ?

Thanks A lot!

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 16 Aug 2012 7:57 pm

From the wording of the part you quoted, I suspect that what they really mean is "This letter also serves as a pre-approved single-journey-entry visa." But you could always call the MOM to double check on that.
Be careful what you wish for