Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Jayyy

Post by Jayyy » Thu, 16 Aug 2012 12:04 am

Thanks El T,

So, if i manage to work for SIA for the ticketing, is it possible to get close to the interview? and for Diploma, what are the result needed?

El T

Post by El T » Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:03 am

Hi Jayyy,

I made a mistake in my previous statement. You are required to have the package of 5 credits including min B4 in English + Working experience to be considered. So i doubt that getting into SIA ticketing alone will do any good because they will still evaluate you based on your minimum academic requirements.

I think the easiest way is just to get a Diploma, just a pass will do and you will have more career options if you have decided not to be a cabin crew in the future.

Ryan.Lum

Re: height requirement

Post by Ryan.Lum » Thu, 16 Aug 2012 9:41 pm

red.ant wrote:
Ryan.Lum wrote:Hey guys. Can anyone tell me what are my odds if i am 5mm short of the height requirement to be a SIA steward?
I think it's subjective.. cos some people have longer arms and as long u are able to stretch and touch the mark they pasted on the wall it will be fine. :)
Hey.. Thanks for the reply.. So it is still possible if i can reach and touch the mark.. Right now I can only keep my fingers crossed..

Jayyy

Post by Jayyy » Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:42 pm

Hi El T,

Thanks a lot for the information given. But I still have a lot of Question to ask about the cabin crew interview. So, let's say if I really pass the interview on the 22nd Sept., when will the training starts? And are they going to give a freeway for those who wear braces?

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sat, 18 Aug 2012 1:31 pm

Jayyy wrote:Hi El T,

Thanks a lot for the information given. But I still have a lot of Question to ask about the cabin crew interview. So, let's say if I really pass the interview on the 22nd Sept., when will the training starts? And are they going to give a freeway for those who wear braces?
It really depends on ur availability... If u have immediate availability of cos it will be faster. Generally people wait for abt a month... But I've heard of those that start training in 3 weeks after interview.

And if u are wearing braces.. U definitely need to let them know when u r gg to have them removed.. It will be in the application form. Don't expect to start training with ur braces on... Never seen any trainees with braces on in training school... And there's no crew that wears braces in SQ. Having said that it's not impossible to get in if u r wearing braces at the moment. They jus wanna know when u are gg to get them off.. And how u look like without your braces.

Hope that helps! :)

Jayyy

Post by Jayyy » Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:54 pm

whitepetals wrote:

It really depends on ur availability... If u have immediate availability of cos it will be faster. Generally people wait for abt a month... But I've heard of those that start training in 3 weeks after interview.

And if u are wearing braces.. U definitely need to let them know when u r gg to have them removed.. It will be in the application form. Don't expect to start training with ur braces on... Never seen any trainees with braces on in training school... And there's no crew that wears braces in SQ. Having said that it's not impossible to get in if u r wearing braces at the moment. They jus wanna know when u are gg to get them off.. And how u look like without your braces.

Thank alot for all the information given. I gain alot here. Have to educate myself within this bracing time. haha. Btw, will they increace the education expectation after another 2 or 3 years?

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 1:57 am

Jayyy wrote:Thanks El T,
and for Diploma, what are the result needed?
results not impt, it is the full cert that matters, regardless of degree, diploma or A level.

mimipan

Post by mimipan » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 1:40 pm

Jayyy wrote:
whitepetals wrote:

Thank alot for all the information given. I gain alot here. Have to educate myself within this bracing time. haha. Btw, will they increace the education expectation after another 2 or 3 years?

yep! braces is an issue. i was rejected in round 2 due to that.

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Tue, 21 Aug 2012 7:05 pm

Hello everyone!

I went for medical checkup 2 weeks ago and still waiting for the call from SIA.
Some of my peers have already received their training date from SIA last week. My availablility is one month whereas those who got called stated "immediate availability".
I also have a pending cert to submit but I don't remember being told to submit it to them before their instructions...
Can I know how long does it take for a "one month availability" to get called?
And if they are waiting for pending certs before they call the candidates?
I am
So worried. Please help! Thanks! :)
Ain't A Saint. I Falter. I Flaw.

ri

any indian starting training on 22nd oct??

Post by ri » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 4:36 pm

hello,

is there anyone starting training on 22nd oct .. ??
Ri

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Re: any indian starting training on 22nd oct??

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 6:18 pm

ri wrote:hello,

is there anyone starting training on 22nd oct .. ??
Hey. May I know when were you called and informed about your training date? Are you the August batch?
Thanks ;)

ri

Post by ri » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 6:59 pm

hey i got an email on aug 7th, interview was in may here in india. my training starts 22nd oct. yours?
Ri

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 7:07 pm

I see... I haven't gotten any call from SIA after my medical round. Still eagerly waiting! Thanks :)

ri

Post by ri » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 7:39 pm

ohk.. all the best :)
Ri

zhenzhunaicha

Post by zhenzhunaicha » Wed, 22 Aug 2012 9:53 pm

Hi Ri,

i'm starting on the same date as ya. I'm from the aug interview, went med on mon, and got the call on last fri. availability was 1mth.