Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
123fly

Post by 123fly » Wed, 08 Aug 2012 5:32 pm

Hi I'm from Malaysia. I attended the KL interview last month and got booted out at the first stage. I think I did a mistake. Cuz during that 1 minute, I talk like I'm doing presentation. over confident. :( Anyway, I reached the hotel around 8.30am and I was in group 6. And wow. So many people attended the Singapore walk in interview? Quite scary. hehe.

Anyone else is going for the interview next month? I might be going for Malaysia walk in interview in penang.

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Thu, 09 Aug 2012 2:29 am

I will be going for the upcoming interview :) got booted out in the skin check during last interview.. hopefully i'll be able to do something to my face in this 1 month :|

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Fri, 10 Aug 2012 2:35 pm

Hello everyone.
Has anyone who went for the medical checks on 7 August received any confirmation call?

Ain't A Saint. I Falter. I Flaw.

jannsiz

Post by jannsiz » Fri, 10 Aug 2012 6:53 pm

anyone experience a fail medical because of a lack in medical report?

Ryan.Lum

height requirement

Post by Ryan.Lum » Sun, 12 Aug 2012 9:06 pm

Hey guys. Can anyone tell me what are my odds if i am 5mm short of the height requirement to be a SIA steward?

red.ant

skin check

Post by red.ant » Mon, 13 Aug 2012 6:19 pm

Shuin wrote:I will be going for the upcoming interview :) got booted out in the skin check during last interview.. hopefully i'll be able to do something to my face in this 1 month :|
Hey u mean the kebaya round after the management round interview...

does anybody have a clue about the skin check during the management round? many thanks!

red.ant

Re: height requirement

Post by red.ant » Mon, 13 Aug 2012 6:20 pm

Ryan.Lum wrote:Hey guys. Can anyone tell me what are my odds if i am 5mm short of the height requirement to be a SIA steward?
I think it's subjective.. cos some people have longer arms and as long u are able to stretch and touch the mark they pasted on the wall it will be fine. :)

yujie

Post by yujie » Mon, 13 Aug 2012 9:30 pm

Shuin wrote:I will be going for the upcoming interview :) got booted out in the skin check during last interview.. hopefully i'll be able to do something to my face in this 1 month :|
well, how's your skin condition? Do you have pimples or marks??

El T

Post by El T » Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:16 am

i got booted out on the first round. The lady that returned our application encouraged us to try again for September opening so there shouldn't have certain restricted period to reapply. Looking forward to next open day:-)

Samandai

Why not everyone chip in questions asked in round 1

Post by Samandai » Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:34 am

Hey, I got booted out round one on 4 August. I had to intro myself and kena a random question, "if you were granted one wish, what would you wish for and why?" My girlfriend was the first to start the ball rolling and when the moment we heard that wish question, we were kinda stumbled. I was the second person to answer, I sounded nervous as my voice was kinda shaky, and I gave the very cliche wish like, I'd like to travel around the world lol... and at that moment I already knew I could not make it liao. My group got someone gave answers like "I'd like to have the ability to love everyone bla bla" which obviously kinda bs to me but she actually passed the first round. So I've learned that I should NEVER give cliche answer like "i'd like to / cause i like to travel around the world"

How about you guys? What kind of random question did you kena? I think if everyone share, we can have a list of those random questions and prepare ourselves better for the upcoming interview on 22 Sep!

:D :D :D

El T

Post by El T » Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:47 pm

The random question for my group was "What would you do if you have a million dollar?"

I think everyone in my group answered the same, priority goes to family bla bla bla but i did study on those who got in, it is based on personality. They do not have the best english but they charmed the interviewers with bubbly personality. So i think the key is to be positive and happy and of course-smile, smile, smile!! Most of us that failed are too nervous and self-conscious that we forgot to smile. :D

123fly

Post by 123fly » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 9:26 am

The question I got was "If you had a superpower, what would it be?" ... Another group was being asked "What's your favourite breakfast?"

Jayyy

Post by Jayyy » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:33 am

Hi, everybody. I'm new here. I'm very interested in cabin crew. I'm a Malaysian with Spm result. But I didn't get 4 credits that the web requires. My results are math A1, English C5 and Malay C6. So is it possible for me to participate this coming interview?

El T

Post by El T » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Jayyy,

The minimum academic requirements for SIA cabin crew are either 4 credits in SPM + related experience or Diploma. If you don't meet the requirement, i would suggest you to get a diploma or retake your SPM.

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Wed, 15 Aug 2012 1:32 pm

Can cabin crew become Cabin Crew Executive (CCE) after flying for a few years?