Singapore Expats

conversion of car and motorbike license together?

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
wwww
Regular
Regular

conversion of car and motorbike license together?

Post by wwww » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:06 am

Hi All,

I want to convert my current drivers license to a Singaporean one. I currently hold a car and motorbike license (up to 250cc).

I am aware that I have to do a basic theory test. Will one test be enough to convert both licences together?

Also, right now I have one physical license which notes the dates when I passed both tests. Will I need any other proof that I have actually passed a motorbike license and not just received it "for free" because I have a car license?

Finally, will Singapore keep my current license when issuing the new Singaporean license or will I be able to keep it (this has happened when my wife converted her license to the one of my home country...)?

Thanks for your help. :)

syamsulstar

Re: conversion of car and motorbike license together?

Post by syamsulstar » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:30 am

wwww wrote:Hi All,

I want to convert my current drivers license to a Singaporean one. I currently hold a car and motorbike license (up to 250cc).

I am aware that I have to do a basic theory test. Will one test be enough to convert both licences together?

- In my case one test was enough to convert both classes.

Also, right now I have one physical license which notes the dates when I passed both tests. Will I need any other proof that I have actually passed a motorbike license and not just received it "for free" because I have a car license?

- Not really sure what you mean by "received it for free." Did you not take any tests to get the motorcycle license?

Finally, will Singapore keep my current license when issuing the new Singaporean license or will I be able to keep it (this has happened when my wife converted her license to the one of my home country...)?

- They let me keep my Malaysian drivers license.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: conversion of car and motorbike license together?

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:34 am

wwww wrote:Hi All,

Yes - basic theory test also allows you to convert motorcycle license. You will be limited to a class 2B license, 200 cc and less if your current license is endorsed for 250 cc bikes.
Probably not. As long as your license shows the date that you acquired your motorcycle endorsement that should be sufficient.

You keep your original license.

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:36 am

Great, thanks for your help guys. :)