Singapore Expats

Beware of SCAMS when you want to buy strollers online

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
tanyuenmei

Beware of SCAMS when you want to buy strollers online

Post by tanyuenmei » Sun, 05 Aug 2012 7:39 pm

Hi all, please beware of scam artists on most of singapore's online buying and selling sites including this one. Silly me... I just got scammed!!!

They advertise mostly on Stokke Xplory strollers, orbit G2 strollers, and many others. Goes by the names Tom Anderson, aka Simone Ruscitti, and many others.. Pictures all same and phone numbers all overseas.

If you go looking into the postings right now..search orbit stroller and it will pop up, he dominates 6out of the 7postings. Please beware.. He sells brand new complete sets strollers at a discount. I found him or them on all of singapore's online sites.

Please take care!

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Beware of SCAMS when you want to buy strollers online

Post by poodlek » Sun, 05 Aug 2012 9:13 pm

tanyuenmei wrote:Hi all, please beware of scam artists on most of singapore's online buying and selling sites including this one. Silly me... I just got scammed!!!

They advertise mostly on Stokke Xplory strollers, orbit G2 strollers, and many others. Goes by the names Tom Anderson, aka Simone Ruscitti, and many others.. Pictures all same and phone numbers all overseas.

If you go looking into the postings right now..search orbit stroller and it will pop up, he dominates 6out of the 7postings. Please beware.. He sells brand new complete sets strollers at a discount. I found him or them on all of singapore's online sites.

Please take care!
So what's the scam? A little more detail might better help prevent him from scamming others. He can always change his name, less likely to change the MO. Personally I would never purchase something that expensive unless it were from a reputable online dealer or if I could see it first. Don't trust anyone on the internet, is my first rule!

tanyuenmei

Post by tanyuenmei » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 2:02 am

He places ads for brand new strollers. Price ranges from really cheap to almost the same as retail with a little discount. His items are always quoted in USD or Euros. His items are all new full complete sets. He loves posting for Orbit G2 & Stokke Xplory strollers. If you google orbit stroller Singapore, his ads dominates the website for it. If you study it enough, you will soon realise its a syndicate doing this. They dominate all of singapore's online sites. Oh, and always international delivery to your doorstep.

Yes..your rule is smart. Best, cash on delivery. I wasn't thinking straight :cry:

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 8:52 am

tanyuenmei wrote:He places ads for brand new strollers. Price ranges from really cheap to almost the same as retail with a little discount. His items are always quoted in USD or Euros. His items are all new full complete sets. He loves posting for Orbit G2 & Stokke Xplory strollers. If you google orbit stroller Singapore, his ads dominates the website for it. If you study it enough, you will soon realise its a syndicate doing this. They dominate all of singapore's online sites. Oh, and always international delivery to your doorstep.

Yes..your rule is smart. Best, cash on delivery. I wasn't thinking straight :cry:
You still haven't answered poodle's question. What's the scam? Bait-and-switch? Sends inferior products instead of the promised brand new ones? Ridiculously delayed shipment? Purchase never arrives?

Either this is a genuine buyer-beware post or you're trying to smear your competitor or scorned enemy. You need to help us out in providing further details. Thanks.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 9:03 am

^ +1

tanyuenmei

Post by tanyuenmei » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 6:20 pm

Hey guys...gals... I am just trying to be nice here and help others out there not get scammed like I did. Not fair to slam me on it! Are you one of "them"???? Just wanted to let the word out there to beware of this going on when browsing! I am a Victim remember? Sheesssss... Last time I be nice and post up!

Money paid up but no goods ever...ever...ever.. Delivered! Only emails and calls asking for more money... And more money... Stating customs issues... All BS.. When I refused to give more money, he became uncontactable!

Doesn't pay to be nice nowadays.. Sheeessss! Maybe you are HIM! Or THEM! Someone up there is watching if you are them... Like the saying... Every dog will have their day... Stop scamming people of their hard earned money!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 7:30 pm

What did the police have to say about it when you filed the complaint with them?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 8:08 pm

JR8 wrote:What did the police have to say about it when you filed the complaint with them?
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't?

or

A fool & their money.........

She would be a prime candidate for Nigerian 419 scammers or mobile phone scammers.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tanyuenmei

Post by tanyuenmei » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 9:22 pm

People are mean... I found out the hard way.. And of course..yet again.. I found that out again... Sigh.. Where are all the nice ones? Guess I deserved it..and of course these... Lol...

Thanks everyone! I meant well... But kept getting bashed for it... Lol... Don't worry.. I won't post anything anymore.. Nor will I reply.. Lol... And I ain't the only one if you are wondering.. 2 people just emailed me that it happened to them too.

You guys are probably the ones doing the scamming and now the bashing... God be with you all... Lol...

If not, have a heart!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 07 Aug 2012 9:46 pm

You still haven't said what the police replied when you filed a report on this alleged incident.

tanyuenmei wrote: You guys are probably the ones doing the scamming and now the bashing... God be with you all... Lol...
How utterly charming!

'What comes around goes around' as they say!

MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BE YOUR JUDGE.

{/jk}

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 08 Aug 2012 9:00 am

tanyuenmei wrote:Hey guys...gals... I am just trying to be nice here and help others out there not get scammed like I did. Not fair to slam me on it! Are you one of "them"???? Just wanted to let the word out there to beware of this going on when browsing! I am a Victim remember? Sheesssss... Last time I be nice and post up!

Money paid up but no goods ever...ever...ever.. Delivered! Only emails and calls asking for more money... And more money... Stating customs issues... All BS.. When I refused to give more money, he became uncontactable!

Doesn't pay to be nice nowadays.. Sheeessss! Maybe you are HIM! Or THEM! Someone up there is watching if you are them... Like the saying... Every dog will have their day... Stop scamming people of their hard earned money!
Jeez, I'm only doing the favour for the forum members to ask for the details on the MO of the scammer so that they can recognise it.

And I had to post the second time (poodle's was the first) to prod you for the MO. You could have just described it in your second post in this thread but you didn't. When I pointed it out that your pattern may come across as competitor-burn attempt because of that (we have come across that kind of posts from those scorned competitors in this forum A LOT), you went high and mighty in your 'victim mentality'.

Look, we are sorry that you got cheated. You wanted to help and warn others so that they won't be in the same fate. But what kind of warning is that when it lacks the most important points? And that's what poodle and I wanted to get from you out here.

And guys, give it a rest. Don't antagonise her.

tanyuenmei

Post by tanyuenmei » Wed, 08 Aug 2012 9:21 am

Hi, sorry about that.. Lol.. I am in a fight mode.. Wait till I get hold of this guy or guys... Sheeesss! But tks for digging the fight mode outta me! Lol...

Anyways, I just Wana to give a heads up out there.. So everyone can be a little more cautious at the back of their minds when shopping... Cause everything is bought online now... And at times these people's pricings aren't too great of a deal to think of it as a scam. And it might be a bogus company they have up...

Thanks for reading!

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Wed, 08 Aug 2012 9:27 am

tanyuenmei wrote:Hi, sorry about that.. Lol.. I am in a fight mode.. Wait till I get hold of this guy or guys... Sheeesss! But tks for digging the fight mode outta me! Lol...

Anyways, I just Wana to give a heads up out there.. So everyone can be a little more cautious at the back of their minds when shopping... Cause everything is bought online now... And at times these people's pricings aren't too great of a deal to think of it as a scam. And it might be a bogus company they have up...

Thanks for reading!
It is alright. At least we all are clear about it now. Handshake? :)

So did you attempt to file a police report regarding this? If you do, what did the police say?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 08 Aug 2012 2:54 pm

tanyuenmei wrote:Hi, sorry about that.. Lol.. I am in a fight mode.. Wait till I get hold of this guy or guys... Sheeesss! But tks for digging the fight mode outta me! Lol...

Thanks for reading!
Consumer rights has no teeth in Singapore. It is more of name and shame game that does the job.
That said if the trader is legit and within the boundary of his legal right to conduct business be it at a shop or on line, you as consumer has to proof otherwise if this trader is up to no good. Case is one place you can go or SCT
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!