Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
skyflyer

Post by skyflyer » Thu, 02 Aug 2012 11:58 am

Sorry, mind if i ask how do you guys prepare yourself? >< i got a big problem with feeling nervous T_T

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Thu, 02 Aug 2012 1:53 pm

-edited-
Last edited by wav35_ on Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

shinjiono84

Post by shinjiono84 » Thu, 02 Aug 2012 2:27 pm

skyflyer wrote:Sorry, mind if i ask how do you guys prepare yourself? >< i got a big problem with feeling nervous T_T
im equally as nervous!

8913yann

Post by 8913yann » Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:55 pm

Hi guys....

sorry, those who got in and signed ur contract, mailed back, do you get any reply/email/calls after that?

heyyyb

Post by heyyyb » Fri, 03 Aug 2012 12:35 am

Here's my email incase anyone wants to go together : [email protected]
I live in the West, so maybe can meet up somewhere at Centralised like city hall (:

sevillion

Post by sevillion » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 11:07 am

shinjiono84 wrote:
greenclover wrote:
sulkengirl wrote: Hi greenclover, I have! We can share :D
email me at [email protected]

:)
eh are u sam's friend?
Can you share it with me too please? Today i went to try and i got the boot in the first round. Disappointed, but nonetheless more determined than ever. Would gladly appreciate it if you would help. My email is [email protected]

skyflyer

Post by skyflyer » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 3:28 pm

HELLO EVERYBODY!

Super duper congrats to everybody who manage to get the letter! Congrats congrats congrats! Must make it for tomorrow okay?! So happy for all of you especially Nicole :D Kay Kiat and Mag let's make it next time! But have to wait till 6 months later right? I hope 6 months later(Feb 2013) there will be one man! It was really a great experience from today's interview, so many hopefuls like more than 10k! At this moment I pray for those who are inside the interview, be it the 1 on 1 or just started self introduction... :') *crossfingers*

Those who didn't manage to make it like me, don't be so sad! Especially the guys, must know how to let go! I am more determined than ever and I will prepare much more than ever. 6 months more and we will rise again! Make it or not, it is not a matter of 'hope', it is a MUST.

And a huge thank you to those whom I've talked to, you guys helped me to calm myself down, one way or another! :)))

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 3:47 pm

Hi there, may I know what is the acceptable BMI range for male cabin crew?
shinjiono84 wrote:
Chloelyn wrote:
skyflyer wrote:I'm guy and I am going too! Can I join any of you? :( I am afraid whether I can make it or not but yet I have high hopes on myself to get a cabin crew job! :l
Hi there, be great to have you as accompany. I am not sure if i am going to make it too. no harm giving it a shot. but dun give yourself too much stress.
no worries bro, i am not much better either. i had to shed 5kg to get into the acceptable BMI range. hope to see u there

everything

Post by everything » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 4:50 pm

I went to the interview today..and they gave me ltter and ask me to report at SIA for a final interview..im quite surprise..did they actually change the interview stages?

First round was group intro...then followed by skin check..then follow by 1-to-1..thought supppose to be menory game first then 1-to-1? Then what shd i expect tml? What id the final interview abt?

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 6:13 pm

The last 2 rounds are usually held on Sunday and they will be the management rd and the kebaya/skin check rd. The games thing was done away with long ago. :)

aimiechen

Post by aimiechen » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 6:41 pm

hello. do we have to wait for at least 6 months before we try again for those who didn't get through today?

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 7:22 pm

sstan123 wrote:The last 2 rounds are usually held on Sunday and they will be the management rd and the kebaya/skin check rd. The games thing was done away with long ago. :)
for guys its only a management round and no more skin check right?

btw i went to the interview today and realised that in the first round (group of 10), the two interviewers are looking down and scribbling on their notes 95% of the time. are they scribbling on what we are saying? they dun seem to check on how we are sitting, the way we are talking or whether we are making eye contact or listening to others speaking. or are they observing using the corners of their eyes? not sure what they are checking out for cos i believe the content of our answers is not the main point, isn't it?

JeffLKS

Post by JeffLKS » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 8:03 pm

Hi peeps, I went for the recruitment exercise today too. I was in group 51. :D Oh yes, and congratulation to those who made it passed all the stages today! And all the best for tomorrow! Get ready to soar the sky!
Last edited by JeffLKS on Sat, 04 Aug 2012 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JeffLKS

Post by JeffLKS » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 8:06 pm

aimiechen wrote:hello. do we have to wait for at least 6 months before we try again for those who didn't get through today?
Hi, some girls in my group did mentioned regarding this period as well. I suppose they will inform you if you are to wait for 6 months, if not you can proceed and try again for the next recruitment exercise.

skyflyer

Post by skyflyer » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 11:12 pm

JeffLKS wrote:
aimiechen wrote:hello. do we have to wait for at least 6 months before we try again for those who didn't get through today?
Hi, some girls in my group did mentioned regarding this period as well. I suppose they will inform you if you are to wait for 6 months, if not you can proceed and try again for the next recruitment exercise.
Nope they didn't. I heard previously about this 6 months thingy, but I guess I will call them and ask to double confirm. It would be better if you check it out yourself this way, isn't it? :)