Singapore Expats

Fingerprint Certificate

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
NZJen

Fingerprint Certificate

Post by NZJen » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:30 am

We need to get a police clearance certificate from the last country we lived in, as part of this they request we obtain a fingerprint certificate from Singapore Police, essentially a card with your fingerprints certified by Singapore Police.
Has anyone ever had this done or know if Singapore Police will do this?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:55 am

The Singapore Police uses digital fingerprint capture technology for their own records. Not being if they'll do it, have you tried calling them to ask?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

teck21
Chatter
Chatter

Post by teck21 » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:27 am

You can contact the Certificate of Clearance Office at Tel: (65) 64358275 or (65) 64358277.

It is issued to citizens only, but it's likely that whoever picks up the phone can assist you if you're not a citizen.

At the very least, it's the right number to call. Getting required assistance, sometimes that's a toss-up.

NZJen

Post by NZJen » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 6:39 pm

That's really helpful - thank you very much! I'll give them a call & see how I get on.....! :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 9:57 pm

NZJen wrote:That's really helpful - thank you very much! I'll give them a call & see how I get on.....! :)
FYI - my 2 cents: A colleague did it at the Cantonment - he had to produce originals of the request - no verbal 'we need it .. ' stuff.

Later I recall SPF stating they Will not do for non-citizens -

NZJen

Post by NZJen » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks very much for all your helpful suggestions!
FYI in case anyone else needs this, Singapore Police will happily provide a fingerprint certificate - go into the main police station (Cantonment I think??, right by Outram MRT), take your passport in with you, fill in a form (you need to tell them WHY you want it but no proof req), pay SGD15 & voila! You're done!
They will only provide COC's for Singaporean citizens but no worries for a fingerprint certificate.
So easy so efficient!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:04 pm

NZJen wrote:They will only provide COC's for Singaporean citizens but no worries for a fingerprint certificate.
FYI, COC are also issued for resident aliens. I got one just recently but that's beside the original point.

oburger

Post by oburger » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 11:27 am

hi, do you know if Singapore police issue digital or ink (hard copy) finger print certificates? I need to turn around an overseas police check pretty quickly and wanted to avoid snail mail if i can.

advice welcomed.

cheers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 04 Aug 2012 11:51 am

oburger wrote:hi, do you know if Singapore police issue digital or ink (hard copy) finger print certificates? I need to turn around an overseas police check pretty quickly and wanted to avoid snail mail if i can.

advice welcomed.

cheers
You better give them a call. They just scan your fingers so it's most probably digital but I don't know if they'll do it if another entity didn't ask for them.

singa_stock

US citizen fingerprinting

Post by singa_stock » Tue, 30 Sep 2014 5:49 pm

I am a US citizen currently living in Singapore. A new job offer in the US required me to get my fingerprints. US embassy website redirected to get fingerprinting done at SPF. Went to SPF at Outram Park, 2nd floor Fingerprinting area. They only do non COC fingerprinting between 2-5PM. Brought my own fingerprinting cards which were mailed by new employer. Paid 15$/card. It was quick and efficient. No issues at all. Good luck.