Singapore Expats

OK to open bank account few month later after incorporation?

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
KUMO108

OK to open bank account few month later after incorporation?

Post by KUMO108 » Thu, 02 Aug 2012 11:06 am

Plan to incorporate a pte ltd company in Singapore. For the first few month, might not get any order during the market exploring. Is it possible to open bank account few month later, not just immediately after incorporation? Any problem with banker if I do it later?

Am staying abroad to operate the company and like to present back only if its a MUST.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 02 Aug 2012 6:14 pm

I assume you have a locally resident director? There is no requirement that you open a bank account as part of incorporation. Bankers don't care. All you need is a director's resolution which consists of your own standard company resolution plus the standard boilerplate documents that the bank will give to have the directors sign.

KUMO108

Post by KUMO108 » Fri, 03 Aug 2012 12:55 am

Thanks for your info, SE.

I plan to act as the only director & shareholder with my SPR. Since staying abroad now, I am facing few problem in incorporation and bank account opening with local residential address proof. Would you pls give some advise on this?

For incorporation, I can present an bank letter with a Singapore residential address as the proof. But it will be different from the old one reflected on my NRIC. Not sure whether this will bring in some trouble?

For account opening, will banker accept this as well? I searched on standard chartered bank web, and found they require proof of residential address for at least 2 directors/shareholders. For my case - myself as the only director and shareholder, do they accept one proof only?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Aug 2012 8:36 am

So you are a SPR abuser? What part of "permanent resident" don't you understand?

What proof of Singapore permanent residence can you provide without perjuring yourself? You can't. You don't live here.