Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
everything

Post by everything » Sat, 28 Jul 2012 5:37 pm

Just want to check...is there any instance that the candidate is unable to fit in the keba ya? Imlady a size m but not those small frame girl..so very afraid about the kebaya round..i presume they will kick me out immediately if i cannot find any suitable kebaya?

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sun, 29 Jul 2012 5:07 pm

everything wrote:Just want to check...is there any instance that the candidate is unable to fit in the keba ya? Imlady a size m but not those small frame girl..so very afraid about the kebaya round..i presume they will kick me out immediately if i cannot find any suitable kebaya?
Size m should be fine. I'm a size m too.. Don consider myself slim but I've seen many big girls around.. In fact...Bigger than acceptable. Don't worry if u need to lose weight they will tell u. It's more of the feel tt u give when u wear the kebaya.. Not how big or small u are. And things like whether u have a good posture.. Nice smile.. Stuff like that. Anyway.. Those stuff that they look for in tt round is quite beyond our control (even if it could be controlled.. Now is a little too late cos aug4 is approaching) so why not focus on other stuff like preparing ur mind for the big day? :)

Good luck everybody! :)

Abercrombie: precisely.. But I guess people leave for various reasons and some of which I think you and I know why. :)

everything

Post by everything » Sun, 29 Jul 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks whitepetal! It very motivating! Think i better try to slim down a little and wear my corset on that day..haha!

greenclover

Post by greenclover » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:30 am

sulkengirl wrote:
greenclover wrote:Any one still has kristine's cabin crew secrets manual to share? :S
Hi greenclover, I have! We can share :D
email me at [email protected]

:)

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Mon, 30 Jul 2012 3:37 am

everything wrote:Just want to check...is there any instance that the candidate is unable to fit in the keba ya? Imlady a size m but not those small frame girl..so very afraid about the kebaya round..i presume they will kick me out immediately if i cannot find any suitable kebaya?
If you do make it till the kebaya round (which is the last round of the 2nd day of interview), you'll be asked to try on a kebaya to see if you look good in it (skin check and cat walk included)

There will be no sizes of kebaya indicated on the kebaya. You will have to trial and error. Let's just say you can't find any that fits you then I guess the interviewers will easily be able to make a decision from there?

Plus, I'm sure the interviewers on the first day will be able to judge and see for themselves if you're too plump? If you make it through then I believe the kebaya round should be of not problem.

I guess if you feel insecure about your weight, you can always lose a little. It will help gain some confident and you will do better in the interview!

All the best.

skyflyer

Post by skyflyer » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:46 am

greenclover wrote:
sulkengirl wrote:
greenclover wrote:Any one still has kristine's cabin crew secrets manual to share? :S

can i have too? :x cos i flunk my JAL on sunday and I am very sad still... it was my first cabin crew interview ever and i was super nervous till the fact after i left the place i was still shaking :'(

ckk1988

Post by ckk1988 » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 6:45 pm

hi to those going for the interview on saturday - anyone wants to meet up at newton mrt station at 7.30? leave me a pm or something with your number or email so that I can organize. thanks :)

seekling

Post by seekling » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:18 pm

ckk1988 wrote:hi to those going for the interview on saturday - anyone wants to meet up at newton mrt station at 7.30? leave me a pm or something with your number or email so that I can organize. thanks :)
hey i stay near amk! lets meet up and head down together. can't seem to pm you.

WayneNg

Post by WayneNg » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:29 pm

sulkengirl wrote:
Hi sulkengirl, wonder if you could share it with me too? My email add is [email protected]. Thanks!

heyyyb

Post by heyyyb » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:33 pm

Hi all! Who's going this Saturday? Im finding a companion :/ kindly PM me (:

ckk1988

Post by ckk1988 » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:35 pm

seekling wrote:
ckk1988 wrote:hi to those going for the interview on saturday - anyone wants to meet up at newton mrt station at 7.30? leave me a pm or something with your number or email so that I can organize. thanks :)
haha that's because you only have 4 posts. you need to accumulate at least 10 before you can pm. I can't too. I'll just leave my email here. [email protected]

itmustbemy

Post by itmustbemy » Wed, 01 Aug 2012 4:17 am

sulkengirl wrote:
hi sulkengirl, i would like to share too! would really appreciate it if you could email me at [email protected] :)
seekling wrote:
hi seekling, i stay near amk too, would you like to meet up at the station before heading down to newton together? you can contact me!

hi ckk1988, i've emailed you to meetup at newton too!
Last edited by itmustbemy on Wed, 04 Mar 2015 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seekling

Post by seekling » Wed, 01 Aug 2012 1:55 pm

itmustbemy wrote:
sulkengirl wrote:
hi sulkengirl, i would like to share too! would really appreciate it if you could email me at [email protected] :)
seekling wrote:
hi seekling, i stay near amk too, would you like to meet up at the station before heading down to newton together? you can contact me at [email protected]!

hi ckk1988, i've emailed you to meetup at newton too!
hey guys, i've emailed you two :)

shinjiono84

Post by shinjiono84 » Wed, 01 Aug 2012 4:45 pm

greenclover wrote:
sulkengirl wrote:

eh are u sam's friend?

techignite

Sat intv

Post by techignite » Wed, 01 Aug 2012 10:33 pm

Hey guys, drop me an email to those that wanna meet at 7.30am at newton this sat :) - [email protected]