Singapore Expats

Comparison of crew salaries

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 2:12 pm

walawe wrote:
singaporeexpat7 wrote: That's because professionals and white collar employees receive our 17% cpf employer contribution on our full salary, unlike you. What's your cpf contribution? Probably on a pathetic figure like your sad $1k salary. Not to mention our bonuses, which come in double to triple digits, make yours look like a joke. Even if you had 4 month bonus, what is it in total, $4k? Lol not even 1 month salary of professionals, which is very amusing indeed. I must remind you that our bonuses get further 17% cpf contribution.

This is WHY, professionals (who don't just work in the private sector, stupid) refer to our gross income. Gettit?

There are Singaporean air servers based in Dubai who receive no CPF at all, since they are hired as foreign nationals. Those pathetic fools are the saddest, after rotting in a sandpit for years return with basically nothing but air and sand in their cpf accounts, not even enough to get a subsidized government flat.

An air server job is one undertaken by the most uneducated and unprivileged rung of society. True enough the compensation reflects so.

You are dumbest assh*le in this forum!

Those who works in Dubai are Singaporean professionals, I'm not really sure if you are, dumb stinky shit!

I'd rather be an air server than to be an air idiot like you singaporeexpat7. It's the experience that counts and how they become the human they are.
And you have also become the animal that you are singaporeexpat7dumbfart, for making people's lives like hell!

MabelSoe is just sharing her opinion, you lame b#stard!

You are the pathetic fool who has nothing to do in life but to scratch your tiny balls at home and reply on forums like this!
Singaporeans who work for Emirates as waiters and waitresses do not receive CPF from their employers. They are hired as foreign nationals, as are 70% of the workforce in the UAE. I know you're grossly uneducated, and don't know many things of the world, so I understand your confusion.

Only Singaporeans and PRs working in Singapore receive CPF contributions. Singaporeans who work outside of Singapore do not receive CPF contributions unless 1) they were hired within Singapore first, and then posted overseas or 2) they are hired by the Singapore government and work in one of the Singapore overseas missions under MFA, MTI, IE Singapore.

Waiter, you are severely confused over the term 'professionals'.

Are you actually under the delusion that the trashy serving job you do is deemed a "profession" in the eyes of anyone but yourself? This is hilarious. I am not talking about the white-collar executives in Dubai.

The only people who dream that the slaves doing this job are called "professionals" are the slaves doing this job. What's the minimum educational requirement of this job? I have done my checks. And all over the world, it only requires high school or less.

And some of your peons and serfs have the gall to think you can be compared to nurses. In the US and Australia, all registered nurses must have college specialized nursing degrees. I did my checks and in Singapore, registered nurses must have a recognized nursing diploma and are encouraged to take a nursing degree.

It speaks volumes of the skill level of a job when the requirement needed is less than high school in most parts of the world. I read in this forum and there are some people who do not even have GCE O level and are "forced" to apply for this peon job in the UAE. All of you are really a bunch of low-class peons and serfs. Of course you don't know what these words mean. You may check the dictionary for the meaning of "peon" or "serf", you blue-collar worker. :D

singaporeexpat7

Post by singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 2:24 pm

walawe wrote:
singaporeexpat7 wrote:Refer to
http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/emirates-salary/36625/1

The air server testified "most of" her grade 2 friends (indicating sample size) receive around 8,000 aed ( median, and not a range).

8,000 aed IS S$2.7k. All inclusive.

Wah your source like gossip one har??? You uneducated piece of pangsai
Between you and I, there is only one low-class waiter/waitress and it aint me. Between you and I, one of us is hoping to be accepted into a job that will pay him less than S$35K a year serving food and drinks, and will eventually end up poor and without a future, having to start from scratch flipping burgers in a fast food restaurant in one of the HDB heartlands.

So it's really ironic for you to use the word 'uneducated' on anyone but your friends. Do you know anything about Brit humour? You seem to be acting in one of these comedies now, where the protagonist hasn't any idea that he's the butt of the joke and he's made to enact a parody of himself by satirizing himself. :lol: :lol:

vizard

Post by vizard » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 4:45 pm

singaporeexpat7 wrote:
walawe wrote:

The air server testified "most of" her grade 2 friends (indicating sample size) receive around 8,000 aed ( median, and not a range).

Between you and I, there is only one low-class waiter/waitress and it aint me. Between you and I, one of us is hoping to be accepted into a job that will pay him less than S$35K a year serving food and drinks, and will eventually end up poor and without a future, having to start from scratch flipping burgers in a fast food restaurant in one of the HDB heartlands.

So it's really ironic for you to use the word 'uneducated' on anyone but your friends. Do you know anything about Brit humour? You seem to be acting in one of these comedies now, where the protagonist hasn't any idea that he's the butt of the joke and he's made to enact a parody of himself by satirizing himself. :lol: :lol:
Dear Singaporeexpat, if by all means you find that your job are so high and above then please stay away from here. Professionals or not, the one thing that matters is the attitude one brings into his or her job and also how much the person love the job and giving their best in it. You may be a so called " Professional" but when you give half hearted work to your company then your just a so called leecher, Being a FA does not mean that we are high up, or too proud to even acknowledge other as equal. Its how enjoyable is in meeting new people at work and ending one day at another country, besides you commented that how much that FA are slaves for others..may i ask are you not a slave to your company too? All professions are "slaves" to someone and even the self employed ones, do not belittle the careers of others for if they are not there, you would be doing the thing yourself.

walawe

Post by walawe » Fri, 27 Apr 2012 1:31 am

singaporeexpat7 wrote:
walawe wrote:

himself. :lol: :lol:

singaporeexpat7

I just have 3 words for you pathetic 'tapien'... f#ck your mum!

Go back to your country where everyone is hairy!

Wohoooo!!! :D

Tsilivi
Regular
Regular

Post by Tsilivi » Sun, 29 Apr 2012 11:28 pm

Where our men are hairy? What on earth does that mean? You should get down Bedok swimming pool love. More hair than the Planet of the Apes.

This is by far THE bitchiest thread I've ever read. And by women who look so wholesome swanning through the lounge. Cough...splutter...

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 26 May 2012 1:01 am

For SQ you should have S$45 -55K take home pay per year as a lowest rank FA. Don't have to fight over who get paid more or who are more educated.

We need all kinds of people and profession for the economy to function properly. Go laugh and look down on the lower educated and low earner but Face the fact, without them the economy will collapse.

Face the fact, you can't survive and continue to be your so call ''professional'' if there are not Flight Attendant, burger flipper, road sweeper, shit cleaner etc. the very people you look down and ridicule on. Respect each and every individual in this small and dying planet, count yourself lucky and enjoy your status and money but don't look down on the less privilege, you are so dependent on them too.

meuzame

Post by meuzame » Mon, 28 May 2012 11:35 pm

Abercrombie wrote:For SQ you should have S$45 -55K take home pay per year as a lowest rank FA. Don't have to fight over who get paid more or who are more educated.

We need all kinds of people and profession for the economy to function properly. Go laugh and look down on the lower educated and low earner but Face the fact, without them the economy will collapse.

Face the fact, you can't survive and continue to be your so call ''professional'' if there are not Flight Attendant, burger flipper, road sweeper, shit cleaner etc. the very people you look down and ridicule on. Respect each and every individual in this small and dying planet, count yourself lucky and enjoy your status and money but don't look down on the less privilege, you are so dependent on them too.
That's interesting. Thanks.

Umeya86

Post by Umeya86 » Wed, 27 Jun 2012 1:01 pm

EK crew should be earning 3k+ close to 4k monthly.

Sorry to intrude, a former EK crew who resigned last year. =)

simplycherry

Post by simplycherry » Thu, 28 Jun 2012 2:31 pm

I was a cc with emirates and flew an average of about 100hrs/mth. Made about 5k+ including the sales from duty free.

Umeya86

Post by Umeya86 » Fri, 29 Jun 2012 3:25 am

simplycherry wrote:I was a cc with emirates and flew an average of about 100hrs/mth. Made about 5k+ including the sales from duty free.
Wow are up you in the A380 fleet or main fleet but business class and above?? I'm still in economy in main fleet so I extras for me =D

simplycherry

Post by simplycherry » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 9:08 pm

Umeya86 wrote:
simplycherry wrote:I was a cc with emirates and flew an average of about 100hrs/mth. Made about 5k+ including the sales from duty free.
Wow are up you in the A380 fleet or main fleet but business class and above?? I'm still in economy in main fleet so I extras for me =D
I'm in the main fleet. :)

MabelSoe

Post by MabelSoe » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 8:06 pm

Having read singaporeexpat7's comments in this thread, I got the distinct impression that this is one fella with a major chip off his shoulder. None of his other posts in the forum have been constructive and he seem only concerned with putting cabin crew down in any argument possible. Perhaps he got rejected by an airline or by a cabin crew. Who knows? But it's suffice to say that what he rants about matter little to anyone who is genuinely here to share or find out more about a career in the airlines.

So moving on to the reason I'm bothering to quote his rather high and mighty ( but end up sounding spastic reply): It's so that people who actually want to find out about SIA pay structure before actually joining the company can get some useful knowledge.

A SIA cabin crew does NOT only contribute CPF on basic salary however pathetic it may sound to our dear friend here. The amount that is considered CPF-contributable ( for lack of a better word) has never been below $3k for me at least. Hence, the random $3k I put into my example. So the amount of employee CPF + employer CPF contribution is definitely more than air and sand.

In fact, when buying a government subsidized flat in Singapore, the monthly CPF contribution is used to extrapolate monthly income of an individual. Thus, many cabin crew married couples actually overshoot the ceiling (below $8000 combined salary) needed before you can buy direct from HDB. People like singaporeexpat7 come in with so much hot air and if they want to be all high and mighty, by all means but going around saying things you have absolutely no idea about with such certainty is just low. And yes, that CPF-contributable amount is just part of a SIA cabin crew's monthly pay package.

I'm not even going to bother commenting about the uneducated & unprivileged rung of society. Come on, let's face it. I'm sure a cabin crew belongs the most undesirable rung of society that's why so many people find a cabin crew career desirable, right? NOT.
singaporeexpat7 wrote:
MabelSoe wrote:Something to note though is that when crew talk about pay, they often mention the net take home excluding the employee CPF contribution portion. Whereas, when most people talk about pay in private sector, they talk are talking about a sum that includes the CPF portions. For example, a young executive who says his pay is 3k is often taking home 2.4k net only. This is of course only relevant to Sg & Sg PR crew.
That's because professionals and white collar employees receive our 17% cpf employer contribution on our full salary, unlike you. What's your cpf contribution? Probably on a pathetic figure like your sad $1k salary. Not to mention our bonuses, which come in double to triple digits, make yours look like a joke. Even if you had 4 month bonus, what is it in total, $4k? Lol not even 1 month salary of professionals, which is very amusing indeed. I must remind you that our bonuses get further 17% cpf contribution.

This is WHY, professionals (who don't just work in the private sector, stupid) refer to our gross income. Gettit?

There are Singaporean air servers based in Dubai who receive no CPF at all, since they are hired as foreign nationals. Those pathetic fools are the saddest, after rotting in a sandpit for years return with basically nothing but air and sand in their cpf accounts, not even enough to get a subsidized government flat.

An air server job is one undertaken by the most uneducated and unprivileged rung of society. True enough the compensation reflects so.
my blog on becoming a cabin crew: www.siacabincrew.blogspot.com

skyflyer

Post by skyflyer » Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:43 am

If I remember correctly when I just went for the JAL interview few days back, during the interview they said JAL base pay is 800, when you start o fly it can go up to 1.8k, and as the hours of flight you've clock it will increase too luh. But i am not so sure whether it will be in usd or other exchange rates :l

liangchendean
Regular
Regular

Post by liangchendean » Thu, 16 Aug 2012 2:55 pm

i know SQ degree holder for SG,SPR&MYS basic are around SGD1490. Diploma holder is 1.3k+, other nationalities also 1.3k+ (for both degree and diploma holder). New crew normally earns 2.5 - 3.5k per month. see what fly route you get. Most of foreign newbie will assigned to fly to india and china.

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Sat, 18 Aug 2012 4:09 am

liangchendean wrote:i know SQ degree holder for SG,SPR&MYS basic are around SGD1490. Diploma holder is 1.3k+, other nationalities also 1.3k+ (for both degree and diploma holder). New crew normally earns 2.5 - 3.5k per month. see what fly route you get. Most of foreign newbie will assigned to fly to india and china.
degree holder low 1.5k+, non-degree high 1.3k+.