Singapore Expats

chin implant

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Missy Mel

Post by Missy Mel » Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:43 pm

spongebabe wrote:hi bumping up this post.

just want to ask im 1 week post op on my chin implant just wanna ask is the swelling normal? sorry if its sounds silly, my chin looks kinda big and round now its kinda obvious. Just want to ask when can the swelling go down?? hope in 2 weeks its gone. :shock:
Hi Spongebabe

Which doc did you go to?

Missy Mel

Re: Chin Implant

Post by Missy Mel » Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:45 pm

mandeline Yap wrote:Hi,

Just want to share this info about chin implant. I'm still in dilemma whether do intra oral or external but after read this review from many docs I decided to do external. See below reviewed.

Chin Incision

Chin implants can be undertaken through either intraoral or external incisions. The infection rate through the intraoral incision is slightly higher than with the external incision but still fairly minimal. With the intraoral incision you do run a slightly greater risk of changing the way that your chin moves but in some cases this can be advantageous. The external approach leaves a small scar on the chin but this is usually well hidden under the chin. In the end, there is no clear... more

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

External vs internal chin implant approach

I have done over 1000 chin implants in 30 years and over 95% have been by the external approach. The reason for this is the placement of the implant along the inferior border of the chin is much better via external approach. The implant is also more stable this way and tends not to drift upwards when healing. As a side the chance of infection is reduced. The 1 cm submental scar is very hard to find after 6-12 months

Richard Galitz, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon
Hi Mandeline

I am considering external too. Checking on Mr Wong now. Have you done yours?

mandeline Yap

Re: Chin Implant

Post by mandeline Yap » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 4:25 pm

Hi Missy Mel,

No, I have yet do anything. Still consider Korea or BKK....I just back from BKK yesterday for filler. The price really cheap and the doctor is good. I still prefer do external coz less pain.

Have you consult Dr. Wong? How much he charge you? Singapore? Yanhee quite good according to local Thai. Price for Chin implant is 33,000 baht = S$1346. Is quite cheap but the Korean doc I contacted he suggest used fat graft method to do my chin and he charge me 1.5mil Won for 3 areas which is very cheap but Korea is too far for me and have to stay a few days...

Missy Mel wrote:
mandeline Yap wrote:Hi,

Just want to share this info about chin implant. I'm still in dilemma whether do intra oral or external but after read this review from many docs I decided to do external. See below reviewed.

Chin Incision

Chin implants can be undertaken through either intraoral or external incisions. The infection rate through the intraoral incision is slightly higher than with the external incision but still fairly minimal. With the intraoral incision you do run a slightly greater risk of changing the way that your chin moves but in some cases this can be advantageous. The external approach leaves a small scar on the chin but this is usually well hidden under the chin. In the end, there is no clear... more

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

External vs internal chin implant approach

I have done over 1000 chin implants in 30 years and over 95% have been by the external approach. The reason for this is the placement of the implant along the inferior border of the chin is much better via external approach. The implant is also more stable this way and tends not to drift upwards when healing. As a side the chance of infection is reduced. The 1 cm submental scar is very hard to find after 6-12 months

Richard Galitz, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon
Hi Mandeline

I am considering external too. Checking on Mr Wong now. Have you done yours?
Myap

Missy Mel

Post by Missy Mel » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 4:05 pm

Hi mandeline

My fren checked with Dr Wong and he charges $3000 for external.

I am so tempted now to go Bkk after reading the Thailand thread! How much is the filler u did?

spongebabe

Post by spongebabe » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:54 am

Hi im 7 months post op on my chin implant incision was below my chin external. Did it in Tokai clinic w dr. Pat. Im satisfied with it. It looks natural not super obvious and drastic. After surgery I didnt feel any pain its like nothing happened. Just needed to wear the chin strap for 1 week. Then after 10 days from surgery I went back to work and my colleagues cant tell that I did surgery, they just told me I look different also that my lower lip was bigger like it was swellign so they thought I had lip injections but I didnt hehe.

If yer considering getting chin implants then go, especially if yer chin is originally is potruding inwards like not enough projection. You will look a lot better with taht minor surgery. Especially on photos my face look balanced now and I like it when I smile my chin is highligted and I get that line in between my cheecks and lips so I think thats cute hihi.

calories_counter

Post by calories_counter » Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:49 am

Hi
Last edited by calories_counter on Wed, 08 Aug 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

calories_counter

Post by calories_counter » Wed, 08 Aug 2012 1:20 am

nicolesophie wrote:hi may i know if you guys did your surgery in singapore? i have receding chin and have done fillers twice and the second time i did it it just looked like a lump of fats and didnt had shape. though its btr than having none, im up for an implant now but idk which doc is good. any recommendations to which doc u guys went to? reply would be much appreciated. thanks lovelies :)

Hi Nicole

How's your research on chin implant? I just had mine done about two weeks ago in Singapore. I must say I am very pleased with my doctor and his team of nurses.

I checked with a few renowed local surgeons, they charge about 5 - 8k for chin implant. Sounds abit steep compared to doing it in Thailand. My inital plan was to go Thailand but after one of my consultation I was so comfortable with my doc, i went ahead to book my operation appointment with him which was scheduled the very following week. (I consulted two doctors)

Come to think of it, it was a very rush decision! :shock: but i trust my instinct and of cos with the research I have done, I put my chin in his hands. I'm glad i did and got over this whole chin thing which has been bothering me for so long. so far so good, my chin is healing well. Quite satisfied with the size of my chin and the way I look now but kind of worried the size will go smaller when the swelling is totally gone.. lolx

Though I paid the lower end of the price range, I could probably do 2 ops in Thailand with that amount. However, considering the team which was involved during my operation and the pre and post op service they rendered, I felt it was worth it. Follow-ups are more convenient too..

I would advise you to shortlist two to three docs for consultation before deciding on one. There aren't many threads on chin implants, so I was pretty lost when I first started my research. All the best! :wink:

vada

Post by vada » Sat, 22 Dec 2012 6:51 pm

calories_counter wrote: Hi Nicole

How's your research on chin implant? I just had mine done about two weeks ago in Singapore. I must say I am very pleased with my doctor and his team of nurses.

I checked with a few renowed local surgeons, they charge about 5 - 8k for chin implant. Sounds abit steep compared to doing it in Thailand. My inital plan was to go Thailand but after one of my consultation I was so comfortable with my doc, i went ahead to book my operation appointment with him which was scheduled the very following week. (I consulted two doctors)

Come to think of it, it was a very rush decision! :shock: but i trust my instinct and of cos with the research I have done, I put my chin in his hands. I'm glad i did and got over this whole chin thing which has been bothering me for so long. so far so good, my chin is healing well. Quite satisfied with the size of my chin and the way I look now but kind of worried the size will go smaller when the swelling is totally gone.. lolx

Though I paid the lower end of the price range, I could probably do 2 ops in Thailand with that amount. However, considering the team which was involved during my operation and the pre and post op service they rendered, I felt it was worth it. Follow-ups are more convenient too..

I would advise you to shortlist two to three docs for consultation before deciding on one. There aren't many threads on chin implants, so I was pretty lost when I first started my research. All the best! :wink:
Hi calories_counter, which doctor did you go to for chin implant? And what's the cost of it? I'm new, thus don't think i can PM you. Do you mind sharing more details with me, like the before and after pic? Coz i'm planning to go for it 1st quarter of 2013. Many thanks!

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”