Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ckk1988

Re: sq interview

Post by ckk1988 » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 3:02 pm

techignite wrote:hey guys! going for the interview on the 4th aug myself.. wondering if u guys wanna meet up before that? :) - anything pm me thanks!
I can't pm yet. Where do you stay?

techignite

Re: sq interview

Post by techignite » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 3:41 pm

ckk1988 wrote:
techignite wrote:hey guys! going for the interview on the 4th aug myself.. wondering if u guys wanna meet up before that? :) - anything pm me thanks!
I can't pm yet. Where do you stay?
Hey man! Yes neither can I, LOL. Damn restrictions.. I'm staying at Bedok. Yourself?? If too far, can meet there and gather first or something.

ncwl

Post by ncwl » Mon, 23 Jul 2012 8:02 pm

Anyone starts 29 Aug?

bunnyberry

Post by bunnyberry » Wed, 25 Jul 2012 1:18 pm

anyone starting on 19 sept?

reichel

Post by reichel » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 3:47 am

Hi all, grats to all the new trainees who recently got in!

I've got a question about the male skin check round. My bad if it's already been answered, but after going through dozens of pages in this thread I can't find much specific details for guys.

How stringent is the skin check for guys? What areas do they check specifically? I'm asking this because I have about a 3 inch surgical scar extending downwards from where the wrist meets the palm. I'm thinking this isn't that big of a deal seeing as male stewards wear jackets anyway which covers that area up but I can't rest easy without knowing for sure :|

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 9:19 am

whitepetals wrote: wowww 1st aug and batch 40!!! looks like lots of people joining sq this year..

anyway welcome to the family! :) see u girls and guys onboard! :wink:
The Airline is not expanding at this moment but so many new recruit - That's because many many crew resigned. More will be or had already resigned. So many newbies now no wonder the Ranking and standard of the Airline is dropping. Good Luck.

As for the scar question, it should not be a problem as long as it don't show when you don on your uniform. If its an attempt suicide scar I think they will reject you. Long sleeve shirt only cover till wrist and when you stretch your scar will show. You will have to go for the interview to find out the answer bro. Good Luck Too.

skyflyer

Post by skyflyer » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:10 pm

reichel wrote:Hi all, grats to all the new trainees who recently got in!

I've got a question about the male skin check round. My bad if it's already been answered, but after going through dozens of pages in this thread I can't find much specific details for guys.

How stringent is the skin check for guys? What areas do they check specifically? I'm asking this because I have about a 3 inch surgical scar extending downwards from where the wrist meets the palm. I'm thinking this isn't that big of a deal seeing as male stewards wear jackets anyway which covers that area up but I can't rest easy without knowing for sure :|
I hope it won't be much of a problem for you! *prayhardforyou*

skyskw

Post by skyskw » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 3:18 pm

@ fizz and ven,I'm starting training on the 1st of aug too! Cyrall there! :)

reichel

Post by reichel » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 3:32 pm

@ skyflyer and abercrombie,

Thanks but my interview won't be for another 2 years at least, got NS to go through first haha. Just doing my research early on this job.

From what you said about the scar issue, I'm guessing it's up to the discretion of the interviewer on whether a scar is acceptable or not? Also, which parts do they check exactly for guys? If it's just the face and palms it'd be easier to hide my scar under a watch and sleeves :D

Jouke

Post by Jouke » Thu, 26 Jul 2012 5:56 pm

Hey reichel, I got rejected during my first attempt due to a scar on my wrist from a surgery.

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 2:40 am

Sorry if I sound like a wet blanket but there's a 99% chance you'll be rejected during the skin check because they will check for any scars from elbow to hand. Even though you'll be wearing a suit, SQ is still very strict about scars. If you have any scars from elbow to hand, it's highly likely you'll fail that round!

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 2:44 am

reichel wrote:@ skyflyer and abercrombie,

Thanks but my interview won't be for another 2 years at least, got NS to go through first haha. Just doing my research early on this job.

From what you said about the scar issue, I'm guessing it's up to the discretion of the interviewer on whether a scar is acceptable or not? Also, which parts do they check exactly for guys? If it's just the face and palms it'd be easier to hide my scar under a watch and sleeves :D
They will ask you to roll up your sleeves to your elbow. Accessories (watch, bracelet etc) will be asked to remove.

Sorry man, you can't hide such things from SQ. They're all professionals. Plus you'll be under a spotlight. Will be easy to spot everything.

greenclover

Post by greenclover » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 5:44 pm

Any one still has kristine's cabin crew secrets manual to share? :S

reichel

Post by reichel » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 7:26 pm

Well that really sucks.. thanks for the replies guys.

Guess I'll have to look into scar reducing techniques then..

sulkengirl

Post by sulkengirl » Fri, 27 Jul 2012 9:50 pm

greenclover wrote:Any one still has kristine's cabin crew secrets manual to share? :S
Hi greenclover, I have! We can share :D