Singapore Expats

Easy weight loss - need advice

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Thu, 12 Jul 2012 3:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'd have to say seafood. But I used to be on a seefood diet and it made me fat! Back then if I "SEEFOOD" I ate it! :lol:
Euh... I always think seafoods are bad (except fish) :D

AndyWillie
Regular
Regular

Post by AndyWillie » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:24 am

seafood has high cholesterol, like prawns. that's why it's not very good for health

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:07 am

AndyWillie wrote:seafood has high cholesterol, like prawns. that's why it's not very good for health
Sometimes we need a small portion of sin for prawn, crab, squid, lobster, or oyster. I think it's fine to consume fish on daily basis as long as we don't turn it into UFO :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:40 am

Your diet should be varied. I tend to do meat, seafood & poultry on a rotating basis every three days and I vary the seafood, sometimes fish, crab, prawns, etc.

While there is cholesterol in some seafoods, all seafood is good for you in limited quantities. Otherwise, the nutritionists would not allow it the diets. What bystanders think is of no consequence as they don't have the training. Cod is not good while on a diet and some other oily fishes like Mackeral are not recommended either. Tuna is because the oil in tuna is easily digested and processed (but as noted earlier, should be either fresh or if canned, in water or brine only), unlike the heavier oil in mackeral even though the two are related species.

Put it this way. Been there and done that and know it works and the medical benefits it brought (added bonus) as well as the loss of 26 kg in 22 weeks.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:45 am

And not all cholesterol is bad. You have to identify which one has higher HDL or LDL. That's healthy amount of certain meat and seafood is still allowed and prescribed by dieticians and nutritionists.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:55 pm

For the record, my diet was designed by a doctor, monitored with full blood workup every 4 weeks to ensure that liver, kidneys and other blood saturation levels were as they should be or going in the right directions.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 5:41 pm

@SMS: in the thread that you made, I don't see anything related with Chinese herbs/medicines. Just curious if your doctor ever recommended you to take at least one type of Chinese herbs/medicines since some of my relatives said that it's good for my diet.

But well, I'm still drink it once in a while, like Lo Han Guo or the Chicken herbal soup :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 5:53 pm

Nope, not allowed. In fact the diet consisted of ONLY fresh unprocessed foods with the exception of allowing tuna in cans provided they were packed in water or brine. Sardines, by the way, were NOT allowed among other types of fish mention already. The only "concoctions" allowed were a multivitamin. To today, unless I stray or am out, I still eat according to the principles of the diet except in larger quantities. I still do not use either salt or sugar.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 6:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Nope, not allowed. In fact the diet consisted of ONLY fresh unprocessed foods with the exception of allowing tuna in cans provided they were packed in water or brine. Sardines, by the way, were NOT allowed among other types of fish mention already. The only "concoctions" allowed were a multivitamin. To today, unless I stray or am out, I still eat according to the principles of the diet except in larger quantities. I still do not use either salt or sugar.
Wah... I think curry is a big no-no as well :shock:
Sadly speaking, I love to eat some cuisines that contain coconut milk. Although I consume them once in a while, my will is weaker than the temptation :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 8:20 pm

Yep, coconut milk is definitely out of the picture. The restrictions are for a reason. Some of the restriction are so much because caloric content or cholesterol contest or starches, but because that particular item has a chemical compound within it that can trigger hunger or cravings which can derail a lot of people. I eat curry today, but I eat in limited quantities and I don't eat rice or noodles at all. I will use french loaf for curries though but again, not a lot. In fact my actual meal size is half of what it used to be. Of course, that is also why I had to lose 26 kg.

Dieting is no good if you are not going to correct your mindset and lifestyle at the same time. Emotional eaters have to get professional help possibly to exorcise the demons that scream eat, eat, eat every time there is an issue.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:02 pm

Speaking about unprocessed foods, do you put beans (like kidney bean or quinoa) or seeds (like sunflower seeds or almonds) in your diet?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Jul 2012 6:52 am

No. It's not sureslim or other diets that have been proven to take of weight and as soon as you quit you put it all back on and then some, thereby creating the yo-yo effect, with is very unhealthy.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Sat, 14 Jul 2012 3:18 pm

Well, I just checked the blood pressure condition. Although the doctor said it's better, he said that, if possible, cut off salt during this week. Tested 3 times with result around 128/82 and 134/82. I think I'll do some research about paleo diet or vegan diet :-k

ipporek

Re: Lose Weight Fast

Post by ipporek » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 2:09 pm

chloef wrote:I really want to lose weight fast! Thinking of trying a diet pill called GLOW. It's the number one pill in the US and heard you can lose weight quickly. 2kg in 5 days! Has anyone here tried it? Can you share your reviews please? :P
Fast ain't always good. You have to make sure whatever you're taking IS safe. Many products out there contain stimulants that cause you to lose weight quick, but eventually ain't good for your body. You want something that is long-lasting, and not harmful to your health.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 2:40 pm

tic...toc...tic...toc...

I'm just waiting.....