Singapore Expats

PEP approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
iyer

PEP approved

Post by iyer » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 3:47 pm

I applied for PEP and within 10 days I received the inprinciple approval letter. I was holding a P1 at the time of applying for PEP. I am an Indian national, came to Singapore in April 2012.

Do not listen to what others advise in this forum. Most of the guys are very pessimistic in here. If you qualify all the conditions mentioned by the Ministry, just go ahead and apply.

I will also apply for PR right after I complete 6 months stay in this country. I will share my success story when I receive my PR.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 3:58 pm

Nice way to introduce yourself to the community.

:cool:

Natch.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 4:00 pm

Why are you so desperate to commit to Singapore on a long-term basis after such a short period of time?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 4:04 pm

BillyB wrote:Why are you so desperate to commit to Singapore on a long-term basis after such a short period of time?
See? This is the pessimism OP was talking about! Why don't we just wait for OP's success story, eh?

/s
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Re: PEP approved

Post by Zeenit » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 4:04 pm

iyer wrote:I applied for PEP and within 10 days I received the inprinciple approval letter. I was holding a P1 at the time of applying for PEP. I am an Indian national, came to Singapore in April 2012.

Do not listen to what others advise in this forum. Most of the guys are very pessimistic in here. If you qualify all the conditions mentioned by the Ministry, just go ahead and apply.

I will also apply for PR right after I complete 6 months stay in this country. I will share my success story when I receive my PR.
Good for you!! But please also tell us when they send you a reject note. :) :) :)
Zeenit

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 4:05 pm

PEPs are granted by MOM, PR by ICA, 2 totally different government agencies. PEP doesn't give you any additional benefits in terms of housing, schooling, CPF etc which is why MOM are still granting PEPs.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 4:06 pm

Zeenit wrote:
iyer wrote:I applied for PEP and within 10 days I received the inprinciple approval letter. I was holding a P1 at the time of applying for PEP. I am an Indian national, came to Singapore in April 2012.

Good for you!! But please also tell us when they send you a reject note. :) :) :)
:lol:

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 4:06 pm

BillyB wrote:Why are you so desperate to commit to Singapore on a long-term basis after such a short period of time?
So they can buy a HDB!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 4:35 pm

Saint wrote:
So they can buy a HDB!
:lol:

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 5:24 pm

iyer wrote: I was holding a P1 at the time of applying for PEP.
Most of the "pessimism" is directed to posters that would be lucky to ever qualify for a P2.

I'm encouraged by your optimism on your perceived PR success rates though. Unless you're doubling the P1 salary requirement and have an able male heir or three, I wouldn't hold your breath unless you wait at least three years.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 06 Jul 2012 5:48 pm

Saint wrote:
So they can buy a HDB!
And have room for their aged parents.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 11:17 pm

I'm sorry but you aren't allowed to mention that newspaper on this forum. Your lawyers said so, apparently.

So perhaps it would be more appropriate if you found another pond to fish in.

Edit to add:
p.s. Jeepers the mods are on form tonight :-O. The irony is she/the Birdcage Liner are spamming this forum via multiple posts touting for fodder. Bwahahaha...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 11:32 pm

Yeah, deleted this one and gave her a piece of me mind in the other.

:wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 11:40 pm

JR8 wrote:I'm sorry but you aren't allowed to mention that newspaper on this forum. Your lawyers said so, apparently.

So perhaps it would be more appropriate if you found another pond to fish in.

Edit to add:
p.s. Jeepers the mods are on form tonight :-O. The irony is she/the Birdcage Liner are spamming this forum via multiple posts touting for fodder. Bwahahaha...
Ah took me a while to realise that you're referring to the post that's no longer there :P

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 08 Jul 2012 11:45 pm

the lynx wrote: Ah took me a while to realise that you're referring to the post that's no longer there :P
Hence my attempt to clarify somewhat by adding an edit/ps.

Ironic that their lawyers demand we cannot even mention their paper by name here. Then their journalists waltz in waving the titles name asking for interviewees.

Lamb to the slaughter springs to mind. Or in this case SMS summarily executed Bambi bwahahaha :)