Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
SamanthaGoh

Re: I got in but....

Post by SamanthaGoh » Fri, 13 May 2005 9:38 am

Anonymous wrote:
SamanthaGoh wrote:Hey guys,

I have been shhortlisted for the 23 April interview.... and I just cleared my medical check-up.

I am in! Happy & Excited. But i start to ponder if I should take up the contract with SIA as their Stewardess.

Can any one advice pls......... I am vex!!
how many of the girls did the mgmt eliminate after the upp mgmt interview?
Hi...

There are about 10 of them in my group going for the interview.. after which 6 were eliminated and only 4 went for the tea party round..

If i am not wrong, I heard that there were about 1450 applicants shortlisted for the interview. By the tea party round, only 380 of them made it there. This is what I heard from my friend whose brother is the interviewer at SIA.

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Fri, 13 May 2005 9:40 am

babe. i wasted three golden yrs in my poly and i cant get a cert. i got removed actually. everything was screwed up. and now im going to take advance dip from a private sch which they allowed me to. hopefully this cert can qualify. cos SIA stated qualifications higher than dip can apply. so i think as long is above diploma qualifications can be done.

i hope for the best.
if not. i;ll just keep studying till i get my degree.

as for ur case. i hope u continue to study.try to get a cert more than a Os. cos Os itself is not enuf.

but if theres a july intake for SIA would u want to give it a try?
as for me i might.

:)

SuZy wrote:CATMEAT >>>>>

I will still try no matter what.. but im very stressed now... i don't know whether to take my A'levels privately.. which im scared i cant pass.
You see, im 21 and pretty much havent been doing the right things the past few years.
Finally i realise this is what i want to do... Actually ive always wanted it, since i can remember.

I am acutally abt 157cm only, i have no qualification except my stupid o'levels and its kinda killing me inside out that i cant even get to the door.

If there is any kind of confirmation that a specific private school meets SIA qualification standards, id rather try that instead of my A'levels. First of all, the classes start in 2006 and thats still a long while more. Secondly, A'levels.. i havent studied that kinda stuff in abt 4 years.

I want this bad actually..

Rebeccy

SIA Interview

Post by Rebeccy » Fri, 13 May 2005 2:38 pm

Samantha,
What did the medical check-up consist of ?

Varsha

Re: SIA Interview

Post by Varsha » Fri, 13 May 2005 2:58 pm

Rebeccy wrote:Samantha,
What did the medical check-up consist of ?
together with the above question, i would like to know how long is the whole procedure and how much does it cost us?

where are the clinics located? you have one near your homes?

becky

love or dream? sigh.......

Post by becky » Fri, 13 May 2005 6:28 pm

Hey all, I wonder wot will you girls choose? between love and dream? it's been a dream of mine to fly but there's part of me that's holding me back. I'm not sure. You see, I'll be obtaining my advanced diploma in Multimedia this June and I would like to try SIA if there's a July intake and am very excited about it. But part of me is holding me back coz well, I'm supposed to continue my studies in Melbourne after advanced diploma and as earlier planned, my bf(scottish) has planned tojoin me there in melbourne and he's been working very hard to save up for that. When I told him I wanna try SIA, he's supportive but disappointed at the same time coz he thought he could join me in Melbourne as soon as possible. If I succeed in my application for SIA, I won't be able to go to Melbourne unless my contract has ended which is about 22 months! am confused........should I? should I not?

Wannabe

Post by Wannabe » Fri, 13 May 2005 9:41 pm

becky - you haven't even got the job yet. don't count chickens yet.
worry about it when the time arises.

:)

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Fri, 13 May 2005 11:28 pm

totally agree with wannabe... guess u gotta go for the interview first and if u really make it pass the 7 rounds then start antagonizing over this very difficult decision. however, if u ever decide otherwise, u are in a perfectly good position to turn SIA down(no contractual obligations yet). so good luck to ya...

Keisha

What about SilkAir?

Post by Keisha » Sat, 14 May 2005 9:23 am

what about silkair? anyone knows what age group of girls they pick? what about the interviews? are the rounds of interview like SIA?

Post by Guest » Sat, 14 May 2005 8:23 pm

Just a bit of advice for anyone contemplating a flight attendant career.

Grounded advice for flight attendant wannabes
May 16, 2004
Chicago Daily Herald
Grounded advice for flight attendant wannabes
By Gail Todd

Recently, I received e-mail from two readers who thought flying sounded like an exotic career and asked me if I would do it all over again. So when I met two old flying cronies for lunch, I asked them the same question.

We put our heads together and came up with a training guide for anyone who is considering a career as a flight attendant and is looking for the
adventure of air travel. Here it is:

1. Go to a resale store and find an old, navy suit
that an army sergeant might have worn. Add
a white shirt and a tie. Wear the same outfit for
three consecutive days.

2. Go to an airport and watch airplanes take off for
several hours. Pretend you are standing by
for them and they are all full. Go home. Return to the
airport the next day and do the same thing again.

3. Fill several large boxes with rocks. Lift them over
your head and place them on the top shelf
of a closet. Slam the door shut until the boxes fit.
Do this until you feel a disk slip in your back.

4. Turn on a radio. Be sure to set it between stations
so there is plenty of static. Turn on the
vacuum cleaner and garbage disposal. Run them all
night.

5. Remove the covers from several TV entrees. Place
them in a hot oven. Leave the food in the
oven until it's completely dried out. Remove the hot
trays with your bare hands. Serve to your
family. Don't include anything for yourself.

6. Serve your family a beverage one hour after they've
received their meal. Make them remain
in their seats during this time. Ask them to scream at
you and complain about the service.

7. Scrounge uneaten rolls off the plates for you to
eat two hours later when you're really hungry.

8. Place a straight-backed chair in a closet facing a
blank wall. Use a belt to strap yourself into it.
Eat the rolls you saved from your family's meal.

9. Ask your family to use the bathroom as frequently
as possible. Tell them to make splashing
water a game and see who can leave the most disgusting
mess. Clean the bathroom every hour throughout the
night.

10. Make a narrow aisle between several dining room
chairs and randomly scatter your husband's wing-tips
and loafers along the way. Turn off the lights and
spend the night walking up and down
the aisle while banging your shins against the chair
legs and tripping over the shoes. Drink several cups
of cold coffee to keep yourself awake.

11. Gently wake your family in the morning and serve
them a cold sweet roll. Don't forget to smile and wish
them a nice day when they leave for work and school.

12. After the family leaves, take a suitcase and go
out in the yard. If it's not raining, turn on the
sprinkling system and stand in the cold for 30 minutes
pretending like you're waiting for the crew
bus to pick you up. Then go inside and wait by your
bedroom door for another 30 minutes for an imaginary
maid to make up your room.

13. Change into street clothes and shop for five
hours. Pick up carry-out food from a local deli.
Go back home. Sit on your bed and eat your meal. Set
your alarm for 3 a.m. so you'll be ready
for your wake-up call.

14. Repeat the above schedule for three days in a row
and you'll be ready to work your first international
trip.

Several years ago, on a flight out of Denver, my
flying partner was half-buried in a cart trying to
rescue the last few entrees from a meal cart. A
passenger asked her what she was doing. Without
removing her head from the carrier, she responded:
"I'm looking for the glamour in this job."

And yes, I would do it all over again. So would my
flying partners. Go figure!

Post by Guest » Sun, 15 May 2005 12:17 am

yah..anyone know anything about silkair??what kind of girls are they looking for?And how to apply?

lynn01

Post by lynn01 » Sun, 15 May 2005 12:24 am

Anonymous wrote:yah..anyone know anything about silkair??what kind of girls are they looking for?And how to apply?
silkair normally recruit stewardess once a year or twice a year, depends on the airline

the interview is a bit similar to SIA but less rounds, think about 5 rounds instead of 7 rounds like SIA.

and it is a walk-in-interview at a hotel. unlike SIA, you got to send in your application first.

GELLY

Silkair opportunities

Post by GELLY » Sun, 15 May 2005 4:35 pm

Hi lynn01....Im one who is interested to fly with silkair...Is there an age limit?Im already 28 years old...Seems like they haven't started their recruitment this year...Do they advertise in classified ads and recruitment section of the straits time...

I hope you have a good day...
lynn01 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:yah..anyone know anything about silkair??what kind of girls are they looking for?And how to apply?
silkair normally recruit stewardess once a year or twice a year, depends on the airline

the interview is a bit similar to SIA but less rounds, think about 5 rounds instead of 7 rounds like SIA.

and it is a walk-in-interview at a hotel. unlike SIA, you got to send in your application first.
:( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keisha

Re: Silkair opportunities

Post by Keisha » Sun, 15 May 2005 6:11 pm

GELLY wrote:Hi lynn01....Im one who is interested to fly with silkair...Is there an age limit?Im already 28 years old...Seems like they haven't started their recruitment this year...Do they advertise in classified ads and recruitment section of the straits time...

I hope you have a good day...
lynn01 wrote:

:( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
silkair's last job advertisement was placed on their website in january this year. i think on the 5th and 6th of january, they conducted interviews at a hotel. when i dropped them an email asking about their recruitment drive, they said that they will normally advertise in the newspapers and that is their practice.

Keisha

SilkAir Flight Stewardess Requirements

Post by Keisha » Sun, 15 May 2005 6:24 pm

i am not too sure about the range of ages that silkair picks out of the girls.

does anyone here knows? it would be useful if anyone could advise.

and how do the requirements differ from that of SIA?

Keisha

Questions for "niza"

Post by Keisha » Sun, 15 May 2005 6:48 pm

niza wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I'm around 161cm, but with only around 41kgs. m i too thin for an air stewardess?
hi i went for the kebaya check + water confidence test today. well, those eliminated from the kebaya check are mostly girls who are too thin. try putting on weight? u will look curvy in the kebaya.
hi, niza...
i have a couple of questions for you...
hope you can take patience in responding to me...
thanks!

looks like you have pulled through the kebaya and water confidence tests. congratulation! you are indeed a survivor!

just wanted to ask you what was your self-introduction like at the begining? what were the kind of questions that you were thrown? when is your upper management interview? are there any other issues that you would like to highlight?

by the way, it would be great if you can leave behind your email address. need to ask you other kinds of questions as well (girl's issues).

thanks and regards...